Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How the Upper Class Raise Their Children (Read 1030 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: How the Upper Class Raise Their Children
Reply #15 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:50pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:44pm:
As they say "boys will be boys" and it doesn't make much difference where they go to school  If one or two boys are ring-leaders, most of the other boys will join in.  It's what happens with kids of that age.  Eventually they grow up! Ever heard of "soggy biscuit"?  Grin

I was also going to say, that list was probably from 2 kids and the rest went along.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:54pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:38pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:36pm:
I know a few parents with kids there. Prob nothing more than a bit of public drunkenness.

Come on Cods, all kids from all schools do nawdy stuff, but the papers love to report kids from expensive schools so they make money from clicks so they they can afford to send their own kids to expensive schools Smiley   Smiley

The Telegraph reporters are just scratching around for something to write about, other than Trump and CoVid.   Grin

There was a news story on news.com of someone asking school kids on the street what are the best and worst suburbs of Sydney, and there were some Shore kids.

Nearly all of them said the worst suburb was Mt Druitt or Bankstown (and it's true) but one of them said the worst suburb was Kilara  Grin Grin

news.com spruiked the story as rich kids laughing at the poor.

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #17 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:55pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:54pm:
I know a few parents with kids there. Prob nothing more than a bit of public drunkenness.

Come on Cods, all kids from all schools do nawdy stuff, but the papers love to report kids from expensive schools so they make money from clicks so they they can afford to send their own kids to expensive schools Smiley   Smiley

The Telegraph reporters are just scratching around for something to write about, other than Trump and CoVid.   Grin

There was a news story on news.com of someone asking school kids on the street what are the best and worst suburbs of Sydney, and there were some Shore kids.

Nearly all of them said the worst suburb was Mt Druitt or Bankstown (and it's true) but one of them said the worst suburb was Kilara  Grin Grin

Killara?  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #18 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:57pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:50pm:
Neferti wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:44pm:
As they say "boys will be boys" and it doesn't make much difference where they go to school  If one or two boys are ring-leaders, most of the other boys will join in.  It's what happens with kids of that age.  Eventually they grow up! Ever heard of "soggy biscuit"?  Grin

I was also going to say, that list was probably from 2 kids and the rest went along.

Undoubtedly.  Remember this is for Muck Up, and they want to beat what the kids did last year, or whatever.  Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:59pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:55pm:

Killara?  Grin Grin

One geeky looking kid said the best suburb was Chatswood...even funnier!

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #20 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:03pm

One even said the WORST suburb was Mosman because it's full of rich kids.

Beatup!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8762313/Shore-School-students-slam-poor...

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #21 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:03pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:59pm:

Killara?  Grin Grin

Eastern Suburbs kids, no doubt.  The Upper North Shore is just as snooty as they are.  Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:06pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:03pm:

Killara?  Grin Grin

Eastern Suburbs kids, no doubt.  The Upper North Shore is just as snooty as they are.  Grin

No they were Shore kids.

Eastern Subs kids don't even know there are suburbs on the other side of the bridge or south of Coogee  Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #23 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:10pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:06pm:
Neferti wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:03pm:

Killara?  Grin Grin

No they were Shore kids.

Eastern Subs kids don't even know there are suburbs on the other side of the bridge or south of Coogee  Grin Grin Grin

I couldn't remember where Shore was .... Lower North Shore, the kids up in Killara would want to know them then.  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:15pm

Sydney Church of England Grammar School.

So not rich tykes after all.

LNP recruits? possibly  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:21pm

Now if you want an ACTUAL bad school.

Disturbing images have surfaced of a Sydney teen standing in front of a war memorial with a friend making obscene gestures that included a one-finger jihadi symbol.

The teen is reportedly a student at Granville Boys High School and also younger brother of a Sydney teen terror suspect News Corp reports.

[url]
https://au.news.yahoo.com/isis-is-coming-suspected-teen-jihadi-s-brother-poses-i
n-controversial-images-on-social-media-32128138.html[/url]

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:26pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:21pm:

Disturbing images have surfaced of a Sydney teen standing in front of a war memorial with a friend making obscene gestures that included a one-finger jihadi symbol.

The teen is reportedly a student at Granville Boys High School and also younger brother of a Sydney teen terror suspect News Corp reports.

[url]
https://au.news.yahoo.com/isis-is-coming-suspected-teen-jihadi-s-brother-poses-i

Fixed

https://au.news.yahoo.com/isis-is-coming-suspected-teen-jihadi-s-brother-poses-i...

It's 2016.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #27 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 11:13pm

Ah the good old days... the chemistry head coming out at morning tea to find his car in the middle of the quadrangle - which was at the bottom of a slope and only accessible via steps..... amazing man - he was an Army reserve officer in armoured, yet constantly ran out of petrol in his Peugeot, since there was always a bit of petrol in the tank when the gauge said zero.  Nice bloke, though - even if he stole all the good players for a new AFL team, leaving the Rugby side vastly under-strength... I lied about my weight (being a year younger than the other kids in my grade and built like a starved whippet) to get into the top team so I could play with my mate.... still managed two best and fairest's at fullback in a depleted side... Never Give Up!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #28 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 11:18pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:26pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:21pm:

[url]

Fixed

https://au.news.yahoo.com/isis-is-coming-suspected-teen-jihadi-s-brother-poses-i...

It's 2016.

Overwatch sniper team needed 24/7 with free fire orders.... just make sure he's not in front of the memorial so it's not damaged by his brains flying about or by through and throughs.... that can cause hell with marble and it's a finicky job to repair......

One Down!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2020 at 9:27am

This interview with Chris Hedges; "The Pathology of the Rich" is right on point to this discussion. Worth watching

Trigger warning; There are some references to Karl Marx & his writings

One quote that resonated with me; "the poor get one chance, the rich get many chances". Donald Trump & George W Bush are typical examples.    

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print