Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
The left continue to sexualise children (Read 4365 times)
The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: The left continue to sexualise children
Reply #90 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 4:13pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 6:00pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 4:03pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 12:35pm:
"The conservative right however are simplistically saying that you either agree with them or you support sexualisation of children."

So now the discussion is not about under aged girls cavorting on stage in suggestive postures - which is something that actually has happened time and again - and is all about some strange concept that the 'side' that apparently opposes such things is saying 'with us or against us' on the gross sexualisation of minors?

You got a link?  Anyone yet posted a link to show where the criticism of this vile practice comes exclusively from 'the conservative right'?

WHERE have 'the conservative right' said that you either agree with them or you support sexualisation of children?  Is that like saying that if you oppose DV laws, you support violence (real) against women and against men and their children, which is much more a province of the rabid feminist-deluded 'left'?

Just look at the title of this thread

Lessee now .... "The left continue to sexualise children"........

So... ahhhh.. where does it say this comes from the conservative right?  All the links and posts show it comes from a very wide span of society and people in it... across a very broad band of 'political' inclination.... that is - from left to right.....

I'm reputed to be way to the left of the Dalai Lama - and I find sexualisation of young people reprehensible... enough time through life to find out the hard parts....

Gees Grap do I have to spoon feed you?
The opening post is titled  "The left continue to sexualise children" and contains a link to Breitbart which also accuses the Left of this.

I think everyone would reject the sexualisation of children but unless we dress them in a burka and ban them from dancing it's going to be a judgement call on what is "sexualisation".

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #91 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 6:31pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 4:13pm:
"The conservative right however are simplistically saying that you either agree with them or you support sexualisation of children."

So now the discussion is not about under aged girls cavorting on stage in suggestive postures - which is something that actually has happened time and again - and is all about some strange concept that the 'side' that apparently opposes such things is saying 'with us or against us' on the gross sexualisation of minors?

You got a link?  Anyone yet posted a link to show where the criticism of this vile practice comes exclusively from 'the conservative right'?

WHERE have 'the conservative right' said that you either agree with them or you support sexualisation of children?  Is that like saying that if you oppose DV laws, you support violence (real) against women and against men and their children, which is much more a province of the rabid feminist-deluded 'left'?

So... ahhhh.. where does it say this comes from the conservative right?  All the links and posts show it comes from a very wide span of society and people in it... across a very broad band of 'political' inclination.... that is - from left to right.....

I'm reputed to be way to the left of the Dalai Lama - and I find sexualisation of young people reprehensible... enough time through life to find out the hard parts....

The opening post is titled  "The left continue to sexualise children" and contains a link to Breitbart which also accuses the Left of this.

I think everyone would reject the sexualisation of children but unless we dress them in a burka and ban them from dancing it's going to be a judgement call on what is "sexualisation".

Precisely my point - pointing the finger to left or right has no value... my view of parents who permit this kind of this is that they are abysmally stupid.  The criticism comes from all areas of civilised society.... and it is not a political inclination thing, but rather a level of intelligence and morality thing.

I would hate my two grand-daughters to be dragged into that kind of thing...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #92 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 6:40pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 4:13pm:

I brought this up before but you conveniently ignored it.

The breitbart article was taking NBC to task for saying only right wing crackpots or Qanon could possibly have a problem with this movie. 

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 8:04pm

I'm reputed to be way to the left of the Dalai Lama..

Why would anyone line that through? It's a simple fact based on some test of viewpoints...

Some people......!!!   Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 6:01am

Mix_Master wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 9:46am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 20th, 2020 at 3:08pm:
Trump Obsession Disorder..... he's still going to win this election no matter how much mud is thrown around...

Good for him. No, I mean really.

8 years in office will do two things:

1) Leave him and his "inner circle" vastly enriched, and

2) Leave the U.S vastly poorer.

And all the while, gullible people will be cheering for him, and his "draining the swamp" con job.

20 years from now, the apologists will all be busy doing the whole "revisionism" thing... Roll Eyes

They can start by pointing out just how many rust belt jobs he brought back on the way to "MAGA".

Roll Eyes

And that didn't happen under 2 term Obama?  Grin

The same bloke who came in after the GFC & re-employed all the crooks responsible for the creation of said GFC.

He had a chance to drain that swamp but did the exact opposite & refilled it with the same thieving corrupt self interested snakes.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 7:15am

Gnads wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 6:01am:
Trump Obsession Disorder..... he's still going to win this election no matter how much mud is thrown around...

And all the while, gullible people will be cheering for him, and his "draining the swamp" con job.

20 years from now, the apologists will all be busy doing the whole "revisionism" thing... Roll Eyes

They can start by pointing out just how many rust belt jobs he brought back on the way to "MAGA".

Roll Eyes

The same bloke who came in after the GFC & re-employed all the crooks responsible for the creation of said GFC.

He had a chance to drain that swamp but did the exact opposite & refilled it with the same thieving corrupt self interested snakes.  Roll Eyes 

Obama actually tried to improve the lives of the majority, and at least retained the U.S' International standing. The current incumbent - the one who came in promising to "drain the swamp" and "MAGA" - has done neither...

Just on the "drain the swamp" thing...

Was "draining the swamp" supposed to involve nepotism, and hiring people patently unsuitable for their roles what "draining the swamp" meant?

Was firing effectively anyone who disagrees with Trump (irrespective of whether they are in the right or not), also part of "draining the swamp"?

On the "MAGA" thing...

How's that going? Many rust belt jobs brought back?

No?

How come?

The bloke is a narcissistic fraud (on a good day).

Many Americans will look back at this period in history with face palms, and the question "How did we let this happen?"

Hopefully Biden will get in and appoint an independent electoral commission, so that (hopefully) it won't happen again.

Surely, people will eventually get fed up with the Right Wing gerrymandering of elections...????

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 9:00am

Mix_Master wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 7:15am:

Roll Eyes

Obama actually tried to improve the lives of the majority, and at least retained the U.S' International standing. The current incumbent - the one who came in promising to "drain the swamp" and "MAGA" - has done neither...

Was "draining the swamp" supposed to involve nepotism, and hiring people patently unsuitable for their roles what "draining the swamp" meant?

Was firing effectively anyone who disagrees with Trump (irrespective of whether they are in the right or not), also part of "draining the swamp"?

On the "MAGA" thing...

No?

How come?

Many Americans will look back at this period in history with face palms, and the question "How did we let this happen?"

Hopefully Biden will get in and appoint an independent electoral commission, so that (hopefully) it won't happen again.

Surely, people will eventually get fed up with the Right Wing gerrymandering of elections...????

I hope not ...... you worry about Trump being a narcissist .... Biden is demented.

Obama hired or rehired & appointed people directly responsible for the regulations or lack there of that allowed the rampant fraudulent banking practices that caused the GFC.

In the investigations not one of those bastards or executives of the major banks that went arse up & got bail out money that they frittered away on executive bonuses went to jail.

However in Iceland where their bankers were involved in the outfalls of such behaviours they all went to jail.

As the US system only allows for a President to serve 2 consectutive terms I'd say Trump has every right to serve them if re-elected based on Obamas liberal achievements.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 9:26am

Mix_Master wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 7:15am:

Roll Eyes

On the "MAGA" thing...

No?

How come?

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 11:57am

I could not have said it better myself!

Note the right wing apologists always argue for Trump, by arguing against - or denigrating - someone else.

Not one  of them has addressed the issues this bloke talks about in that video.

Seems all is "normal" in right wing land.

"Do as I say, not as I do".

"Convention and Rules don't apply to me" (Tax returns).
Funnily enough, that comes from the same side of Politics which routinely spouts the "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" bullsh*t.

So, what does Trump have to hide. We'll find out, eventually. All to bleatings of "witch hunt".

To me, Trump is sounding increasingly strident and desperate, in his bid to retain Office.

So he should be.

Why?

Because Prosecutors are circling...

On the plus side, if he does get soundly beaten in November, at least he'll still be in the news...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 12:45pm

Mix_Master wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 11:57am:
I could not have said it better myself!

Note the right wing apologists always argue for Trump, by arguing against - or denigrating - someone else.

Not one  of them has addressed the issues this bloke talks about in that video.

Seems all is "normal" in right wing land.

"Do as I say, not as I do".

"Convention and Rules don't apply to me" (Tax returns).
Funnily enough, that comes from the same side of Politics which routinely spouts the "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" bullsh*t.

So, what does Trump have to hide. We'll find out, eventually. All to bleatings of "witch hunt".

To me, Trump is sounding increasingly strident and desperate, in his bid to retain Office.

So he should be.

Why?

Because Prosecutors are circling...

On the plus side, if he does get soundly beaten in November, at least he'll still be in the news...

That's right.

And they've got the little Jewish Princess and Beavis & Butthead in their sights too.

If Daddy loses in November, some of his kids might end up doing time.

Moreover, Daddy might be in a cell next to them.

The more likely scenario though, is that Tiny Hands Don will be tied up in court for the rest of his life.

Melania will ditch his orange ass too.

She'll take Barron with her and move to Europe.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 1:12pm

Now on the issue of sexualising young children... in this case specifically young girls...

The link shown at the start clearly says someone was calling out - in advance - some amorphous 'right wing' sentiment as somehow being the only thing against this gross over-sexualisation of young girls and sometimes boys - NOT that some amorphous 'right wing' group or individual had actually done so....

Sort of like crying wolf before the wolf is even awake fifty miles away in the forest and then saying that anyone who says you are silly is attacking you and is a wolf ... pre-emptive strike to cover your own misdeeds, same as Pearl Harbour... if only America hadn't forced Japan to attack Pearl Harbour ..... if only the mysterious 'right wing' hadn't said nothing first about this tawdry film, the apologists for this vile practice wouldn't have needed to not respond, but to make a statement against that mysterious right wing in advance out of the real concern someone might call this filth out...

Now, of course, when anyone gives negative feedback to this filthy film etc - they are automatically dismissed as being part of that mysterious right wing... The Gang Of Twelve etc...

Jesus - some of you have mysterious ways of thinking - or of avoiding thinking...
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2020 at 1:23pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #101 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 5:57pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 6:40pm:
I brought this up before but you conveniently ignored it.

The breitbart article was taking NBC to task for saying only right wing crackpots or Qanon could possibly have a problem with this movie. 

I ignored it because you are wrong

From the breitbart link in the opening post

Quote:
The left are not only vigorously defending the hyper-sexualization of prepubescent girls, they are attacking anyone horrified by what was done to a handful of very young actresses as wackos and liars who just like trolling the librallllz.

After same sex marriage, we asked ourselves what the left’s nonstop envelope-pushing would attempt to normalize next.

Well, we found out. We’re now required to have our daughters share a restroom with a 45-year-old man wearing a wig and pantyhose.

And this from a related Breitbart article

Quote:
If the uproar over Netflix’s Cuties tells us anything, it’s that we’re now at a point where the political left and the national media want to normalize child pornography.
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/09/14/why-left-normalizing-child-po...

Kind of ironic considering they accuse the Left of being easily offended and promoting "cancel culture" 

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:28am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 1:12pm:
Now on the issue of sexualising young children... in this case specifically young girls...

The link shown at the start clearly says someone was calling out - in advance - some amorphous 'right wing' sentiment as somehow being the only thing against this gross over-sexualisation of young girls and sometimes boys - NOT that some amorphous 'right wing' group or individual had actually done so....

Sort of like crying wolf before the wolf is even awake fifty miles away in the forest and then saying that anyone who says you are silly is attacking you and is a wolf ... pre-emptive strike to cover your own misdeeds, same as Pearl Harbour... if only America hadn't forced Japan to attack Pearl Harbour ..... if only the mysterious 'right wing' hadn't said nothing first about this tawdry film, the apologists for this vile practice wouldn't have needed to not respond, but to make a statement against that mysterious right wing in advance out of the real concern someone might call this filth out...

Now, of course, when anyone gives negative feedback to this filthy film etc - they are automatically dismissed as being part of that mysterious right wing... The Gang Of Twelve etc...

Jesus - some of you have mysterious ways of thinking - or of avoiding thinking...

Exactly..... just as Peccar & his peanut gallery Mix Masterbater have side tracked the thread to make it about Trump.

BTW the film in question is still being shown on Netflix.

All in the name of artistic expression ....no?  Grin

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 7:37am

Gnads wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:28am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 1:12pm:

Exactly..... just as Peccar & his peanut gallery Mix Masterbater have side tracked the thread to make it about Trump.

BTW the film in question is still being shown on Netflix.

All in the name of artistic expression ....no?  Grin

Yeah...

Good one, dick head.

We get it.

"If" you're on the "left", you agree with the "sexualising" of children.

And if you're critical of the film in question, you're immediately targeted as some right wing nut job.

Roll Eyes

Both premises are equally stupid, BTW. But that's the level of so-called debate, these days.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 9:49am

Now - now - don't ever allow that ordinary decent people might object to this kind of thing - they just have to be some kind of right wing old white man extremists to say this is objectionable.  You know - the same Old White Men who built the universities and all the other institutions - the nice easy work - the pay and conditions - all the improvements in society and standards of living in the West...

Somebody bring on Greta again - we need a good laugh.... as she sails away in her Old
White Man's boat crewed by her Old White Men and their male offspring, etc after delivering a puerile broadside at everyone not young, sallow or female....D'UH!

She's into Nadal at the tennis over something or other... maybe he doesn't think tennis has anything to do with climate change but is good exercise etc...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print