Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
"Shove it!" says J.K. Rowling [paraphrasing] (Read 919 times)
Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Re: "Shove it!" says J.K. Rowling [paraphrasing]
Reply #15 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 2:50pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 2nd, 2020 at 2:15pm:
This bit.

Most people probably aren’t aware – I certainly wasn’t, until I started researching this issue properly – that ten years ago, the majority of people wanting to transition to the opposite sex were male. That ratio has now reversed. The UK has experienced a 4400% increase in girls being referred for transitioning treatment. Autistic girls are hugely overrepresented in their numbers.

The same phenomenon has been seen in the US. In 2018,  American physician and researcher Lisa Littman set out to explore it. In an interview, she said:

‘Parents online were describing a very unusual pattern of transgender-identification where multiple friends and even entire friend groups became transgender-identified at the same time. I would have been remiss had I not considered social contagion and peer influences as potential factors.’

You have to wonder how many were caught in this same trap years ago when as kids they convinced themselves they were homosexual. I have absolutely no doubt that there are many people who have a sexual preference for the same sex and Im not remotely bothered by it. But I wonder how many people's lives were screwed up because of it and regret it now.   

During the primaries Pete Buttigieg was asked by a boy of 11 years old whether he (the boy) should come out and tell the world he's gay. You think, as any sensible adult would have done, Buttigieg would have said to the child; "There's no hurry. Dont go labeling yourself and find in a few years time you deeply regret it". But no. The woke crowd needed to hear Buttigieg pronounce his endorsement of homosexuality (as if you need to do that now days) and hang what was best for that kid. Not Good IMO!      

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Re: "Shove it!" says J.K. Rowling [paraphrasing]
Reply #16 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 3:11pm

This is George Galloway on the subject and a good 5 min monologue IMO. Definitely worth a listen

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print