Send Topic Print
boat ramps (Read 4665 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
boat ramps
Aug 22nd, 2020 at 2:51pm

Why do people lose their temper at the boat ramp?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: boat ramps
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2020 at 2:56pm

like watching the Republicans having to deal with a Democrat after a night at Epsteins.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 4:35am

Family Guy

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 8:20am

The beauty of a little tinny is that you can put in wherever you want. Avoid the crowds, boats and pollution. I don't think that bloke is a fisho.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 8:54am

New Zealanders have got it down pat.
They have 'wheels' on their boats that they can just drive into the water, where they are raised until they return to the ramp, are lowered and drive up the ramp, into the carpark and onto a trailer.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:31pm

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:39pm

don't worry FD ... a few more months and the aborigines will stop you using that too! Then you won't bothered by the police for blocking the boat ramp

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:42pm

We know that when the British leave and let the Aboriginals take over - Smithy will be down at the Boat Ramp sucking as much Aboriginal knob as possible

...well, until the Republic Whities turn up to hang Smith for treason.  Cheesy

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 10:15pm

Its not just boat ramps. What about fighting over toilet paper. And road rage, seen a few of those.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2023 at 5:56pm

No surprise the journo has no clue why this happened:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/on-the-road/drivers-road-rage-act-divides-viewers/news-story/9947704e58d12073adf852eaf420982a?utm_campaign=AU%20%7C%20Newscomau%20%7C%20Upper%20Funnel%20%7C%20Smartly%20-%20Link%20Clicks&utm_source=facebook%20instagram%20audience_network&utm_medium=social&utm_content=AU%20%7C%20news.com.au%20%7C%20GEN%205%20%7C%20General%20%7C%2020%2F1%2F23%20-%20drivers-road-rage-act-divides-viewers&utm_id=63ca1b9eac544de3b9495b08

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2023 at 7:28pm

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2023 at 7:35pm

Yeah - saw that. Very funny.

At Hyams Beach - the stupid Tourism Board flogged Hyams Beach as the Whitest Sands in the world. Without thinking about how to 'cope' with the influx of tourists packing into a very small number of streets at Hyams and not really caring to be honest.
The stressed locals who had tourists park in their driveways, blocking them, etc where it was near impossible to drive via one vehicle width to spare. Well, they took matters into their own hands and removed the tyres of many vehicles and dumped them in the bush everywhere.

The irresponsibility of the Tourism Board and Council to allow so many tourists into such a small spot and ruin the daily living of the locals at Hyams is disgraceful. As far as I know, nothing has been done about it. I no longer live in that area.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2023 at 10:40am

Jasin wrote on Jan 22nd, 2023 at 7:35pm:
Yeah - saw that. Very funny.

At Hyams Beach - the stupid Tourism Board flogged Hyams Beach as the Whitest Sands in the world. Without thinking about how to 'cope' with the influx of tourists packing into a very small number of streets at Hyams and not really caring to be honest.
The stressed locals who had tourists park in their driveways, blocking them, etc where it was near impossible to drive via one vehicle width to spare. Well, they took matters into their own hands and removed the tyres of many vehicles and dumped them in the bush everywhere.

The irresponsibility of the Tourism Board and Council to allow so many tourists into such a small spot and ruin the daily living of the locals at Hyams is disgraceful. As far as I know, nothing has been done about it. I no longer live in that area.

Hyams has nothing on WhiteHaven beach on  Whitsunday island.

The best part is you can't get there without a boat.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2023 at 12:14pm

You're probably right.
I'm sure there are many beaches around the world claiming to have the whitest sands.
It was a case of Tourism Board flogging Hyams off for fast money, without actually planning for mass influx as usual. The locals copped the brunt of the Tourism's incompetence.
Locals had to take action like aborigines in Alice and remove the wheels off cars parked in their driveways.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 5th, 2023 at 1:07pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 5th, 2023 at 12:14pm:
You're probably right.
I'm sure there are many beaches around the world claiming to have the whitest sands.
It was a case of Tourism Board flogging Hyams off for fast money, without actually planning for mass influx as usual. The locals copped the brunt of the Tourism's incompetence.
Locals had to take action like aborigines in Alice and remove the wheels off cars parked in their driveways.

Wasn't Hyams Beach / Jervis Bay in the Guinness Book of Records for the whitest sand at one point?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print