the bloodless intellectuals displaying their ideological possession

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Pedophillia
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:01pm

Do you disagree with this "bloodless intellectual" who says we are responsible for our own actions?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:19pm

aquascoot wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 7:45pm:

To be honest, if a paedo never acts on it's "feelings", you would never know and may well interact with them in your lives without knowing. I remember Longy getting pilloried for saying something like that. It is actions not thoughts that cause harm. I can want to murder but if I resist that urge to hurt others, no-one is harmed. She is correct. As with everything, the line is crossed when thoughts, feelings, desires, etc turn into action.

Many men look at scantily clad women in western society and think "I'd hit that", then there are cultures that have men that would seem to think that turning the thought "I'd hit that" into the action "I will hit that, she's asked for it!" OK.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:20pm

White women wanting their men to breed more beyond the constraints of married hetero-sexual adult relationships?
It's ok to try and breed with children. Huh For if not for breeding, then what is sex for? To abuse and control others?

Bantu Witch Doctors telling AID's suffering Men to go rape 'infants' (the whiter the better) as a cure.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:34pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:19pm:

To be honest, if a paedo never acts on it's "feelings", you would never know and may well interact with them in your lives without knowing. I remember Longy getting pilloried for saying something like that. It is actions not thoughts that cause harm. I can want to murder but if I resist that urge to hurt others, no-one is harmed. She is correct. As with everything, the line is crossed when thoughts, feelings, desires, etc turn into action.

Many men look at scantily clad women in western society and think "I'd hit that", then there are cultures that have men that would seem to think that turning the thought "I'd hit that" into the action "I will hit that, she's asked for it!" OK.

I've also thought paedos are so common it must be a standard deviation of human behavour but still doesn't excuse the act.

If a paedo seeks professional psychiatric help to help them deal with their urges and they never act on them, they should be supported.

A paedo who acts on them, bullet to the back of the head.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:38pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:34pm:

I've also thought paedos are so common it must be a standard deviation of human behavour but still doesn't excuse the act.

If a paedo seeks professional psychiatric help to help them deal with their urges and they never act on them, they should be supported.

Nothing can excuse the act. Divorcing the act from the thought is a different thing.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:44pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:38pm:

Nothing can excuse the act. Divorcing the act from the thought is a different thing.

Kind if like wondering about clits and writing about clit wondering?

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:49pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:44pm:
Setanta wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:38pm:

Kind if like wondering about clits and writing about clit wondering?

I suppose so, in a way, but at least he didn't night sneak to find out... as far as we know... That would be the act. But then, by voicing his wonder, who knows how many people are now wondering about someone's step daughters clit now?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:57pm

i think the bloodless intellectuals are incredibly naive.

they are trying to make nuanced points .

that fine when dealing with gordon and set who have a brain.

but fat steves cousin fat leroy from the trailer park , who gets urges to act in this depraved way, is going to see some topic on some TED Talk saying we should accept pedophillia and he's going to feel less restrained to just follow the path of least resistance.

there is no place for nuance when dealing with the unthinking masses, because, well, 'they are unthinking"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:06pm

aquascoot wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 8:57pm:

but fat steves cousin fat leroy from the trailer park , who gets urges to act in this depraved way, is going to see some topic on some TED Talk saying we should accept pedophillia and he's going to feel less restrained to just follow the path of least resistance.

there is no place for nuance when dealing with the unthinking masses, because, well, 'they are unthinking"

So you agree with what they say, but think they should remain silent?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:08pm

Do most semi civilised people act on every urge they feel? If you are a heterosexual, where does your sexual interest in the other sex begin and end? 1-100? 4-40? 18-99? It's not the thought, it's the action. I would think most people have thoughts, not necessarily sexual, that if they carried them into action any time in their lives would see them vilified and locked away.

In the case pf paedos it could be good if they could be open as we may learn more about how to deal with those that can't control what they feel.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:15pm

freediver wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:06pm:

i agree they shouldnt say it. (because its way too nuanced)
nothing good will come of it.

that doesnt mean its not factual.

hey, in 20 years you'll be able to buy a gene sequencing machine on ebay.
and , it might be scientifically correct and also factual to give a lecture on the gene sequencing of the smallpox virus.
doesnt mean you arent playing with fire depite being "intellectually correct"

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:20pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:08pm:

Do most semi civilised people act on every urge they feel? If you are a heterosexual, where does your sexual interest in the other sex begin and end? 1-100? 4-40? 18-99? It's not the thought, it's the action. I would think most people have thoughts, not necessarily sexual, that if they carried them into action any time in their lives would see them vilified and locked away.

In the case pf paedos it could be good if they could be open as we may learn more about how to deal with those that can't control what they feel.

some urges should most definitely not be acted on.
and intellectuals do people no favours by "offering up excuses".

you shouldnt follow the urge to eat a packet of timtams every morning tea.

if an intellectual discovers scientifically that "dieting is a complete waste of time and we need to be more accepting of fat people'. (which is probably true)
then those tim tams are going to be more likely to be consumed.

just like children will be more likely to be consumed if you give the pedophile  an excuse

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:23pm

And what if they're a clit-wonderer?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:23pm

aquascoot wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:15pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 9:06pm:

i agree they shouldnt say it. (because its way too nuanced)
nothing good will come of it.

that doesnt mean its not factual.

hey, in 20 years you'll be able to buy a gene sequencing machine on ebay.
and , it might be scientifically correct and also factual to give a lecture on the gene sequencing of the smallpox virus.
doesnt mean you arent playing with fire depite being "intellectually correct"

I guess they should close libraries then in your world. I could make a gun type nuke wen I was 12, I made gunpowder and other explosives at that age, made solid rocket fuel and used it at school in second year for a science project, we should not teach chemistry at school because the fat Janines and Steves should not have that information.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print