Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Unions want to kill non-Union industries (Read 24515 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Unions want to kill non-Union industries
Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:32pm

Employer (Gay)
                  ^             I                   V       
                                 I
    Unions (Yobbo) -----I----- Super Industry (Wanker)
                                 I
                  ^             I                   V
                      Employee (Redneck)

One takes a fee from the Employee, the other takes a intake from the Employer

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:59pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:32pm:
                         Employer (Gay)
                  ^             I                   V       
                                 I
    Unions (Yobbo) -----I----- Super Industry (Wanker)
                                 I
                  ^             I                   V
                      Employee (Redneck)

One takes a fee from the Employee, the other takes a intake from the Employer

I don't get it Jasin. You need to add the geographical regions and colours that each represent.

Quote:
But if it wasnt for unions we would be working 16 hours a day 7 days a week FOR EVER with no holiday pay or sick pay or any other benefits. like supper etc.

Crap.

Quote:
First I don't believe the claims we always hear from farmers that they will go broke if they don't get their way and everybody else must sacrifice their own interests to make the farmer's business a success for them.

Farmers are not asking anyone to make a sacrifice here. Everyone benefits.

Quote:
Second the situation we are in is thanks to farmers who wanted to make a killing at both ends. Lower the trade barriers so they could have access to foreign markets (esp the billion+ population China market) and then argue that they need to pay poverty wages to local workers or they wont be able to compete.

The reality of cheap foreign labour is not a result of the farmers actions. Lower trade barriers are a good thing.

Quote:
Wages have stagnated and fallen across the board since the 90s because of that argument

If they have fallen (which I doubt) it is a consequence of reality, not argument.

Quote:
Wages have stagnated and fallen across the board since the 90s because of that argument and it will get worse until we attack the real problem, the trade barriers that farmers deliberately destroyed knowing that it would savage working families but make them a mottzza.

Everyone suffers from trade barriers. You are trying to punish farmers for destroying your ignorant conception of economic reality.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:33am

freediver wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:59pm:
Bam wrote"But if it wasnt for unions we would be working 16 hours a day 7 days a week FOR EVER with no holiday pay or sick pay or any other benefits. like supper etc.

Freediver's inciteful commet : Crap.

The overwhelming historical and current evidence has shown this to be true.Where's your evidence? Unions arose precisely because of these excessive employer practices that saw Workers underpaid and overworked in appalling conditions that often resulted in maimings and death and just as often for children. The only reason things improved is because Workers formed Unions and we see now in the 3rd world the same employer abuses occurring including the appalling abuse of children. And here's the clincher. Big name brands from the 1st world (eg Nike, Apple) are flocking to underdeveloped countries to get their piece of the Slave Labour action and they would do the same in Aust and the rest of the developed world if given half the chance.

Farmers are not asking anyone to make a sacrifice here. Everyone benefits.

Of course they are. Australia has created a specific category of visa for them and at the behest of the Farmer's Union to accommodate their wish for a ready group of people to overwork for poverty wages. And clearly the Unions dont think everyone benefits and nor do a huge proportion of Australians, if not the majority. Australian workers are missing out on jobs because farmers are being allowed to pay substandard wages for long grueling hours. And thats only what we see. Scratch under the surface and most the foreign workers get no money in the hand after food and the excessive cost of a bed is deducted. Indeed most those foreign students wouldn't accept that treatment in their own country. Its only because they're here for a lark that they do. But what they do is destroy jobs for Australians and drive down the pay fore those jobs. All because farmers have pulled out their begging bowl again asking for special exemptions for themselves.      

The reality of cheap foreign labour is not a result of the farmers actions. Lower trade barriers are a good thing.

If "Wages" have fallen (which I doubt) it is a consequence of reality, not argument

Everyone suffers from trade barriers. You are trying to punish farmers for destroying your ignorant conception of economic reality.

Again, tell the rest of the developed world that so called "free trade" is a good thing. Good for who? Just for starters, this country lost its manufacturing industries and all the jobs that went with it because of cuts to the trade barriers. And that's just one of a whole raft of downsides Working families have had to bear so that Farmer's profits could saw with access to foreign markets etc

And no, falling wages is a consequence of the deliberate policy pursued by Farmers, the Business Class and their Farmer/Business Unions (who are all invited to the trade agreement talks) to give themselves access to foreign markets, cheap foreign slave labour (including child labour) and to put downward pressure on domestic wages. And it worked a treat for them. Pity about the rest of the country who, as always, had to pay the price for the Farmer's increased fortunes.

No, Im saying that farmer through their Farmers Union deliberately brought about this situation because it overall benefited them. And history has proved that to be true. But of course farmers being farmers are now pulling out their begging bowls because they want to be insulated from even that small bit of disadvantage to them and again they want everyone else to pay the price for them.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:36am

Quote:
The overwhelming historical and current evidence has shown this to be true.Where's your evidence?

Where is yours?

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #34 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:41am

freediver wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:36am:
Quote:
The overwhelming historical and current evidence has shown this to be true.Where's your evidence?

Where is yours?

(1) The historical evidence. As I outlined, or are you pretending its not so, and (2) the current evidence in non unionised underdeveloped countries where our big employers are off shoring to so they can happily engage in the abuse of workers for higher profits.  Its in the "Private Enterprise" DNA. They can't help it. Squeeze every morsel of profit you can get no matter the misery it causes

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:57am

Quote:
Unions want to kill non-Union industries

I don't find anything to support this contention anywhere ?

What do I need to spin to get this result ?

Do I need to be standing on my head at the time ?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:58am

Jest wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:41am:
freediver wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 9:36am:
Quote:

Where is yours?

(1) The historical evidence. As I outlined, or are you pretending its not so, and (2) the current evidence in non unionised underdeveloped countries where our big employers are off shoring to so they can happily engage in the abuse of workers for higher profits.  Its in the "Private Enterprise" DNA. They can't help it. Squeeze every morsel of profit you can get no matter the misery it causes

What historical evidence?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:41am

Ajax wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:25pm:
But if it wasnt for unions we would be working 16 hours a day 7 days a week FOR EVER with no holiday pay or sick pay or any other benefits. like supper etc.

This is typical of the self delusional, grandiose claims that unions make about themselves in order to justify their membership fees. It is no wonder that Jest is flailing so hard to defend it. But why would you want to hand over your hard earned money to an institution that elevates the rejection of reality and the creation of unemployment to core principles?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:50am

freediver wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:41am:

This is typical of the self delusional, grandiose claims that unions make about themselves in order to justify their membership fees. It is no wonder that Jest is flailing so hard to defend it. But why would you want to hand over your hard earned money to an institution that elevates the rejection of reality and the creation of unemployment to core principles?

I think you're the one that's delusional FD.

Just because you first worked in a 40 hour environment doesn't mean that it was always like that.

People died to get the entitlements that you've become accustom to since joining the work force.

And the oligarchy have been trying to wither these rites away ever since they were made law.

You like your holiday pay you like your sickies, you like going out and staying at home with the family on weekends.

Blood was spilt so you can enjoy these and more in your working life.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:58am

Quote:
Just because you first worked in a 40 hour environment doesn't mean that it was always like that.

You are shifting the goal posts. This is the claim that I described as grandiose and self delusional, as well as typical of union propaganda:

Quote:

How do you feel about paying people to lie to you?

Quote:
People died to get the entitlements that you've become accustom to since joining the work force.

Who?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:10am

What can i say FD.

The only thing i can say is have a look at that age old mirror called history.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:22am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:18am

This is typical of the self delusional, grandiose claims that unions make about themselves in order to justify their membership fees.

It's true though.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:23am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:18am:

This is typical of the self delusional, grandiose claims that unions make about themselves in order to justify their membership fees.

It's true though.

It's complete BS.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:49am

Yankee Unionists flying their Eureka Flag raised by North Americans.
It's those very 'rights' that Americans love which always broke the harmony between the Australian Colony and Aboriginals (because the populace found the Aboriginal lifestyle fascinating). Owning a gun and doing what one can do with 'unlimited' Freedom that the USA presents. A Greenkeeper went on shooting sprees of Aboriginals and a Settler who just took what Land he saw fit (his rights) but didn't like when the Aboriginals took what spuds they liked - also the right to hold a gun and use it for unjustified murder. An extermination of black rabbits which resulted in the Aboriginal's first Warpath against the Colonists.
It's the Americanism and influence that has broken the 'Harmony' of the Settling. Eventually the British had to support these American Colonialists with their guns and not chained to a discipline of their convictions.
The right for non-military professionals to bear arms is an irresponsibility that allows the non-professional to shoot people at their own whim. You don't let non-professionals take up a scalpel and conduct operations do you? There are those out there that do, but we consider it illegal.
Arming non-professional populace is a sign that the Military can't do it's job properly. It's shooting itself in the foot.

Down with Unionism.

Privatised Confederate Agency Workers make more money  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 1:25pm

freediver wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:23am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:18am:

It's true though.

It's complete BS.

No, it's true.

The Unions are the ones responsible for most of our workplace benefits.

Annual leave, sick leave, 38 hour week, long service leave, meal breaks, etc.

ALL thanks to the Unions.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Send Topic Print