Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
Send Topic Print
Unions want to kill non-Union industries (Read 24508 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Unions want to kill non-Union industries
Reply #285 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 10:25am

Could you be any more slippery Gandalf?

What makes you think that more than 50% of farmers are not obeying the fair work laws?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #286 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 10:33am

because I believe such an audit would be a fair representation.

The same reason we accept polls of a few thousand is representative of the entire country - and invariably proves to be so.

For all your inane nitpicking, you can't actually dispute that this audit demonstrates that non-compliance by farmers is widespread - can you? I mean that is after all key to the actual topic here.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #287 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 10:36am

Quote:

Why would you 'believe' that Gandalf? Is this like a religion for you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #288 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 11:13am

Thought not.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #289 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 12:12pm

You've gone quiet FD.

Just in case there was confusion about my last post - this was what my "thought not" was referring to:

Quote:
For all your inane nitpicking, you can't actually dispute that this audit demonstrates that non-compliance by farmers is widespread - can you?

Quote:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #290 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 7:39am

Quote:
The exploitation in Australian agriculture exists by design. Politicians have created a system to supply farm owners with a steady stream of hard-working human beings with families to sustain, whilst simultaneously blaming jobless Australians for shunning jobs that simply aren’t available to them.

Politicians have crafted distortions to your domestic labour market that benefit neither Australian workers nor we as migrants.

The pandemic has laid bare the intention of the government’s labour market strategy. Migrants are temporarily unable to fill the gaping holes in agriculture’s supply chain, so farm owners go on television to spruik hypothetical pay rates that everyone knows are fanciful.

Rather than addressing conditions in the industry, politicians blame jobless Australians for valuing their lives and labour too highly.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/sexual-assault-lost-fingers-exploitation-in-an-i...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #291 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 7:19pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 12:12pm:
You've gone quiet FD.

Just in case there was confusion about my last post - this was what my "thought not" was referring to:

Quote:
For all your inane nitpicking, you can't actually dispute that this audit demonstrates that non-compliance by farmers is widespread - can you?

You are the one harping on about over 50% of farmers breaking the fair work laws. Why is it "nitpicking" to try to establish whether you are telling the truth? If you are trying to backpedal, it would be easier to just admit you were wrong.

Quote:

Why would you 'believe' that Gandalf? Is this like a religion for you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #292 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 10:53am

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
Why is it "nitpicking" to try to establish whether you are telling the truth?

Because it is such an obvious tactic to deflect away from the actual point of the citation - that it refutes your BS that "farmers are obeying the law".

And here's the proof: notice how you once again avoided answering my question - 3rd time I think:

Quote:

The more you deflect from this point which is the most relevant to your entire argument, the more you are making it obvious that you concede that you are wrong.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #293 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 5:10pm

Quote:
Because it is such an obvious tactic to deflect away from the actual point of the citation - that it refutes your BS that "farmers are obeying the law".

So it's OK for you to lie about the majority of farmers breaking the law because you disagree with some more important point, which is apparently whether they are breaking the law?

When you accuse me of nitpicking, is this your way of saying I am right?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #294 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 7:17pm

FD, you certainly you take foolishness to a whole new level

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #295 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:37am

freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 5:10pm:
Quote:

So it's OK for you to lie about the majority of farmers breaking the law because you disagree with some more important point, which is apparently whether they are breaking the law?

I am not lying, a sample is a sample, and I have no reason to believe it is not representative. No idea why you choose to quibble over this basic point - probably some lame attempt to deflect from the fact that you originally didn't understand what this audit was about, and thought that it included everyone including submarine manufacturers.

And oh look, you once again deflected away from the actual point of the citation:

Do you think the audit provides the unions with a good justification in getting involved that is something other than mindlessly wanting to destroy non-union industries?

Feel free to deflect from that one too. I mean, its only the core question of this entire thread - nothing important or anything.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2020 at 10:25am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #296 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:12pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:37am:
freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 5:10pm:
Quote:

I am not lying, a sample is a sample, and I have no reason to believe it is not representative.

Would you generalise this to say that a Muslim is not lying when he makes up crap, so long long as he cannot think of the reason why the crap he makes up is wrong?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #297 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:06am

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:12pm:
Would you generalise this to say that a Muslim is not lying when he makes up crap, so long long as he cannot think of the reason why the crap he makes up is wrong?

How pathetic. While you are grasping for some sort of coherent granstand about "making up crap" (and failing miserably), we are meanwhile literally talking about the crap you made up as it pertains *DIRECTLY* to the topic at hand.

Namely, the lie that "farmers are obeying the law"

A lie that you don't even bother to dispute is a lie, instead engaging in this pathetic deflection routine.

Shall I try a fourth time?

Quote:

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #298 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:44am

Of COURSE the farmers are obeying the law - they are paying the parasites who provide the labour the proper agreed amount per body, and it is the parasites that need a good going over with - lessee now - was watching "Loving Pablo" last night and Escobar's men killed two guys with chainsaws.... it could work!

Where are governments in all this - doing the right thing?  Too busy swinging deals over Badgerys Creek? Wherever there are billions of taxpayer dollars heading their way towards some agreed government initiative - the bastards gather like blow flies on fresh cow sh1t.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #299 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 3:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:06am:
freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:12pm:

How pathetic. While you are grasping for some sort of coherent granstand about "making up crap" (and failing miserably), we are meanwhile literally talking about the crap you made up as it pertains *DIRECTLY* to the topic at hand.

Namely, the lie that "farmers are obeying the law"

A lie that you don't even bother to dispute is a lie, instead engaging in this pathetic deflection routine.

Shall I try a fourth time?

Gandalf, I think I understand your logic, but just to make sure, would you mind demonstrating by example? If I said:

Quote:
Aussie Muslims obey our Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing laws

would you also consider that to be a lie?

Also, when you say you are not lying because you "have no reason to believe" that you are lying, how does this differ from making up crap and then using your own ignorance as justification for telling lies?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
Send Topic Print