Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Unions want to kill non-Union industries (Read 24512 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Unions want to kill non-Union industries
Reply #255 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:36pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 7:36am:
Yankee Unionists.

永遠不要稱第十代為同盟

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #256 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:42pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 8:39pm:
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean FD.

Am I supposed to say "yeah its legit"? A bit like "all muslims support genocide" is apparently totally legit? Are you saying the cited audit is flawed in some way? Thats got nothing to do with a logical fallacy on my part though.

Can we perhaps get back to how farmers ripping off their employees by not complying with the law - somehow doesn't contradict your BS claim that farmers are obeying the law?

Ah, there you go again, forgetting what we are talking about. Don't be afraid to get out a dictionary if it helps. This:

Quote:
Is over half of audited employers "not complying with workplace laws" = "widespread non-compliance of workplace laws" logical enough for you FD?

Is a logical fallacy.

Suppose I audited Australian Muslims and found that 100% of those audited had proven links to terrorism. No errors, no lies, completely transparent. Would that have to mean that 100% of Australian Muslims, or even a vast majority, are actively linked to terrorism? Or would you be able to come up with an alternative explanation?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #257 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 7:51am

freediver wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:42pm:

Am I supposed to say "yeah its legit"? A bit like "all muslims support genocide" is apparently totally legit? Are you saying the cited audit is flawed in some way? Thats got nothing to do with a logical fallacy on my part though.

Can we perhaps get back to how farmers ripping off their employees by not complying with the law - somehow doesn't contradict your BS claim that farmers are obeying the law?

Ah, there you go again, forgetting what we are talking about. Don't be afraid to get out a dictionary if it helps. This:

Quote:
Is over half of audited employers "not complying with workplace laws" = "widespread non-compliance of workplace laws" logical enough for you FD?

Is a logical fallacy.

Suppose I audited Australian Muslims and found that 100% of those audited had proven links to terrorism. No errors, no lies, completely transparent. Would that have to mean that 100% of Australian Muslims, or even a vast majority, are actively linked to terrorism? Or would you be able to come up with an alternative explanation?

You're a phallacy  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #258 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 7:59am

Gnads, did the unions make you so wise, or did your wisdom compel you to jump on the union bandwagon?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #259 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 9:13am

freediver wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 7:59am:
Gnads, did the unions make you so wise, or did your wisdom compel you to jump on the union bandwagon?

And your professed wisdom was gleaned from? Roll Eyes

The Modern Slavery Act 2018?

Quote:
The Modern Slavery Act provides the complete scaffolding around positions perfectly poised to enable a culture of corruption to operate and dominate -including arbitrary non-transparent decision making informed by conflicts of interest.

The Modern Slavery Act asks very large companies to self report their own findings to customers when it comes to preventing slavery in their business, and in their supply chains. There is no agreed upon indicators, no requirements when it comes to minimum standards, no guise of standardised basic best practices that should be met. Besides that the report should be produced by large businesses over a certain size, and that the report be in English and displayed on a prominent part of their website.
The Modern Slavery Act is essentially encouraging a facade. It is pushing companies to fuel an already emerging ‘trend’ of ‘awareness raising’ as if it is a meaningful way to combat slavery and labour exploitation. It is building upon the unproven and dangerous idea that the market can meaningfully address issues of labour exploitation. Businesses cannot be held accountable when it is only businesses themselves holding themselves to account. This is especially the case when workers are not supported, when workers are denied equal grounding and when workers face compromised conditions.

https://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=37d02779-b848-4797-87a6-fbec0d93d3f...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #260 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 12:25pm

Quote:

Is a logical fallacy.

I'm sorry FD, are you saying 100% of audited muslims is somehow analagous to around 50% of employers in the fruit picking industry? And how? Exactly what is the point of this analogy? I literally can't see any. Can you perhaps try an analogy that has some semblance of validity to what we are actually talking about?

Or perhaps we can just cut to the chase - is this cryptic FD speak for saying the audit I cite is wrong? If so, you could always just say that. And you could even throw in an explanation of where the logical fallacy is as an added bonus - if you like.

Feel free to speak in plain English FD.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #261 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 12:39pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 9:13am:
freediver wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 7:59am:

And your professed wisdom was gleaned from? Roll Eyes

The Modern Slavery Act 2018?

Quote:
The Modern Slavery Act provides the complete scaffolding around positions perfectly poised to enable a culture of corruption to operate and dominate -including arbitrary non-transparent decision making informed by conflicts of interest.

The Modern Slavery Act asks very large companies to self report their own findings to customers when it comes to preventing slavery in their business, and in their supply chains. There is no agreed upon indicators, no requirements when it comes to minimum standards, no guise of standardised basic best practices that should be met. Besides that the report should be produced by large businesses over a certain size, and that the report be in English and displayed on a prominent part of their website.
The Modern Slavery Act is essentially encouraging a facade. It is pushing companies to fuel an already emerging ‘trend’ of ‘awareness raising’ as if it is a meaningful way to combat slavery and labour exploitation. It is building upon the unproven and dangerous idea that the market can meaningfully address issues of labour exploitation. Businesses cannot be held accountable when it is only businesses themselves holding themselves to account. This is especially the case when workers are not supported, when workers are denied equal grounding and when workers face compromised conditions.

https://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=37d02779-b848-4797-87a6-fbec0d93d3f...

Brilliant, Gnads - simply brilliant.  Tears the scab off the facade the organisations and groups can be self-controlling - it seems everyone agrees they cannot do so without clear oversight and rules - nah, then - as for that Federal ICAC ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #262 - Oct 3rd, 2020 at 9:09am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 12:25pm:

Quote:

Is a logical fallacy.

I'm sorry FD, are you saying 100% of audited muslims is somehow analagous to around 50% of employers in the fruit picking industry?

I see the analogy went straight over your head.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #263 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:14am

freediver wrote on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 9:09am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 12:25pm:

Quote:

Is a logical fallacy.

I'm sorry FD, are you saying 100% of audited muslims is somehow analagous to around 50% of employers in the fruit picking industry?

I see the analogy went straight over your head.

It certainly did FD. I think its more to do with you actually thinking its an analogy that confused me.

By the way, do you think the actual real-life audit that found many farmers were not complying with the law invalidates your claim that the famers are obeying the law in any way?

Feel free to give an actual straight answer this time.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #264 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:38pm

Fine, I'll give you a straight answer.

Quote:

No.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #265 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:01am

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 6:47pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 9:22am:
freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2020 at 9:37pm:
What do you think that means Gandalf?

Gee I don't know FD - maybe exactly what it says? That there is widespread non-compliance of workplace laws by these employees? You know, in direct contradiction to what you claimed:

fd said:
Quote:
the farmers are obeying the law

That is not what is actually says Gandalf. Read it again.

Quote:
So you support a program that is failing in it's duty?

No government program has ever managed to eradicate human nature. But only a self absorbed, deluded unionist would use this to justify killing an entire industry and way of life.

But thanks for finally conceding the unions are out to destroy.

Grin You're so full of shyte it's a wonder you haven't been snapped up by an orchardist as fertilizer ...... for free of course. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #266 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 10:05am

freediver wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:38pm:
Fine, I'll give you a straight answer.

Quote:

No.

Well done. I only asked that about 2 weeks ago. Is that the expected answer-processing time for any given question? Granted you do have quite a backlog.

I'll take it from your continued squirming that yes you do agree an actual cited audit (and not your idiotic made up one) invalidates your claim. Here you go, why don't we put them side to side to demonstrate just how clearly you are being contradicted:

FD "the farmers are obeying the law"
ABC article: "A large-scale 2018 report by the Fair Work Ombudsman found more than half the businesses audited were not complying with workplace laws"

Perhaps you could be more specific about what you actually meant by "farmers are obeying the law" - did you mean all of them except the ~50% who aren't?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #267 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 6:15pm

Quote:
Is that the expected answer-processing time for any given question?

No need to get your panties in a bunch Gandalf. I'll take as long as I feel like. Maybe I won't respond at all.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #268 - Oct 9th, 2020 at 8:30am

freediver wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 6:15pm:
Quote:

No need to get your panties in a bunch Gandalf. I'll take as long as I feel like. Maybe I won't respond at all.

With the tripe your posting that would be a bonus all round.  Smiley

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #269 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 10:45am

freediver wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 6:15pm:
Quote:

Maybe I won't respond at all.

Its not your lack of responding thats the problem FD. You've been trolling people with your glib and mostly useless "responses" for years. The fact is you have an unhealthy obsession with responding. Unfortunately, its rarely with anything relevant or useful.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23
Send Topic Print