Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Unions want to kill non-Union industries (Read 24509 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Unions want to kill non-Union industries
Reply #225 - Sep 13th, 2020 at 10:07am

freediver wrote on Sep 13th, 2020 at 8:54am:
Quote:
No all you do is straight out lie or patronise.

That's because of all the incredibly stupid things that have been posted here. I have asked you and others to back them up several times. Nothing.

Quote:
No Union is trying to shut down the fruit industry using backpackers.

That's exactly what they are trying to do. White Knight even posted the article, thinking it would paint the unions in a good light.

Expecting employers to pay the correct wage rates is not trying to close an industry. Not sure what can be said about supporting the current illegality.

As far as I know there is no exemption for farmers to their legal obligations.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #226 - Sep 13th, 2020 at 10:13am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 13th, 2020 at 10:07am:
Quote:

That's because of all the incredibly stupid things that have been posted here. I have asked you and others to back them up several times. Nothing.

Quote:

That's exactly what they are trying to do. White Knight even posted the article, thinking it would paint the unions in a good light.

Expecting employers to pay the correct wage rates is not trying to close an industry. Not sure what can be said about supporting the current illegality.

Hear hear

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #227 - Sep 13th, 2020 at 6:04pm

Quote:

Quote:

Earth to DNA: the farmers are obeying the law. The unions want to shut it down. White Knight even posted the article, thinking it would paint the unions in a good light.

whiteknight wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 12:21pm:
Unions want Australians, not backpackers, to get fruit-picking jobs
The Age August 11 2020
A coalition of unions representing workers along Australia's food supply chain have called on the government to scrap the national backpacker fruit-picking program

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #228 - Sep 13th, 2020 at 8:36pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 13th, 2020 at 7:54am:
烤箱前的白人 - 煮得不够。黑人在后面 - 煮得太多了。黄人在烤箱中间 - 煮得完全金色。

講英語,您p!

Speak Engrish, you plick!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #229 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 7:15am

freediver wrote on Sep 13th, 2020 at 6:04pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Earth to DNA: the farmers are obeying the law. The unions want to shut it down. White Knight even posted the article, thinking it would paint the unions in a good light.

The Age August 11 2020
A coalition of unions representing workers along Australia's food supply chain have called on the government to scrap the national backpacker fruit-picking program

So why wouldn't Unions want Australians to get fruit picking jobs?

Did it say all the jobs?

And what does a National Backpacker fruit picking program entail?

I'd suggest it is taxpayer supported as a govt program.

And you want it to support a non union industry specifically? Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #230 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 6:13pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 14th, 2020 at 7:15am:
Quote:

Quote:

The Age August 11 2020

Did it say all the jobs?

I highlighted the relevant bit for you.

I don't care if they don't "specifically" support it. But trying to shut down an industry and a way of life because they don't give a stuff about the unions is a dick move.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #231 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 6:41pm

freediver wrote on Sep 14th, 2020 at 6:13pm:
Quote:

Quote:

The Age August 11 2020

Did it say all the jobs?

I don't care if they don't "specifically" support it. But trying to shut down an industry and a way of life because they don't give a stuff about the unions is a dick move.

No ... they're not ... no matter how much you parrot it ....

and the only "dick" in this discussion is you.

That's not theory ... it's fact.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #232 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 7:47pm

Quote:

Quote:

The Age August 11 2020

Quote:
A large-scale 2018 report by the Fair Work Ombudsman found more than half the businesses audited were not complying with workplace laws and about 30 per cent had underpaid their workers.

Quote:
The unions argue too many backpackers are underpaid under the Working Holiday Maker visa program, which allows travellers to extend their stay in Australia if they spend some time working certain jobs in regional areas, and with regional unemployment forecast to hit more than 9 per cent, the unions say the jobs should go to locals.

Make Australia great again - Hey !

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/unions-want-australians-not-backpackers-...

Quote:
Earth to DNA: the farmers are obeying the law

No - The national backpacker fruit-picking program - does not make underpaying disadvantaged workers legal.

With Australia's unemployment set to top 10% what is wrong with employing Australian's in Australia?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #233 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 1:06am

No need to abolish the backpacker fruit-picking thing - just make sure the regulations are followed.... the Unions don't make those regulations... just a wakeup call.... but bodies that are supposed to control those regulations can simply let things slide to suit the government of the day....

... you know...... kind of like the German police standing by and watching as the Sturmers smashed Jewish businesses during Kristallnacht.... when the philosophy of the political masters is in one direction, it behoves these authorities to fall into line and follow suit.... or cop sanctions.

Government agencies, in the main, are all cash and career and zero balls, and woe betide the head person who goes in to argue against the government of the day's pet ideas.

Downe at Ye Olde Farmer Joe's Farm:-

"Tell us, FJ - are you exploiting backpackers?"

"No, no - of course not... such a thing is impossible since I only employ baqpackers.  And besides - they are provided by a contract firm who pays them - not directly employed by me."

There you have it, people - straight from the farmer's mouth - backpackers are not being exploited!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #234 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 7:35am

Here you go FD

how your Employers treat govt stimulus packages

designed to keep their businesses open & staff employed

Rort rort rort

Quote:
The $70 billion JobKeeper wage subsidy program has potentially been rorted by thousands of businesses but not one has been penalised despite more than 8000 tip-offs to the tax office and 2200 employees found to be on multiple applications for payments.

JobKeeper began on March 30 and until August 26, more than 15,000 businesses have been removed from the scheme after the Australian Tax Office found them to be ineligible. During the same period, the ATO received 8000 tips from the public pointing to 6250 businesses or sole traders who may have been rorting the system.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/thousands-accused-of-jobkeeper-rorts-but-ato-has...

And you have the gall to say Unions are killing an industry. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #235 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 12:02pm

The Age August 11 2020

Not only are you wrong, you even cited an article that clearly demonstrates farmers are not obeying the law:

Quote:
A large-scale 2018 report by the Fair Work Ombudsman found more than half the businesses audited were not complying with workplace laws and about 30 per cent had underpaid their workers.

also...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-15/backpacker-farm-workers-speak-of-wage-exp...
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2020 at 9:40pm by freediver »  

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #236 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 9:37pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 16th, 2020 at 12:02pm:

The Age August 11 2020

Not only are you wrong, you even cited an article that clearly demonstrates farmers are not obeying the law:

Quote:

also...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-15/backpacker-farm-workers-speak-of-wage-exp...

What do you think that means Gandalf?

Gnads wrote on Sep 14th, 2020 at 6:41pm:
Quote:

Quote:

The Age August 11 2020

Did it say all the jobs?

Yes they are. I even highlighted the relevant bit for you. Which part are you struggling with?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #237 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 6:23am

freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2020 at 9:37pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 16th, 2020 at 12:02pm:

The Age August 11 2020

Quote:

also...

Gnads wrote on Sep 14th, 2020 at 6:41pm:
Quote:

Quote:

The Age August 11 2020

Did it say all the jobs?

Yes they are. I even highlighted the relevant bit for you. Which part are you struggling with?

So you support a program that is failing in it's duty?

That allows farmers & labour hire companies to rort it & exploit workers?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #238 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 8:22am

Well - given the lack of action (no balls these days in the PS with 70%+ women) by the relevant 'authorities' - it seems the Unions have been forced to the drastic step of saying that the entire flawed and rorted program should be stopped NOW.

Things must be pretty bad if they don't just continue to pursue genuine rights and rates etc for those 'employed'... but feel the only recourse is to demolish the whole thing and start again.

'Body Hire' - some employment contractor puts the backpackers on, and sends them to the jobs, takes the money, and pays them direct rather than the farmer paying them.  That means the skimming is in from Day One, since the farmer won't be paying any more than he would expect to pay using direct employment.  No wonder the backpackers are on the short end of the sh1tty stick with a pineapple on the end of it...... then they often pay 'board' and 'transport' and finder's fee' for the jobs...

JayZuz - we could've imported thousands of Kanacks to do that work... they love to labour in dat hot sun, Baas - just give me dat drink of rum an' I load dem bananas all night!!   Cool

― John Adams

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #239 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 9:22am

freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2020 at 9:37pm:

Gee I don't know FD - maybe exactly what it says? That there is widespread non-compliance of workplace laws by these employees? You know, in direct contradiction to what you claimed:

fd said:
Quote:
the farmers are obeying the law

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Send Topic Print