Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Unions want to kill non-Union industries (Read 25016 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Unions want to kill non-Union industries
Reply #195 - Sep 9th, 2020 at 11:08pm

freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2020 at 7:13pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 9th, 2020 at 7:08pm:
No, freed - like the 14 year old boy shagged by his teacher - it was HE who made the complaint.. same-same - it is the backpackers who are making the complaints, and it is the non-Union industries filled with thieves that are trying to kill the Unions.

If the 'backpacker lifestyle' is so good - why are they complaining about the conditions and the pay? For example - their pay scale should include an accommodation allowance - not be deducted for accommodation. How now, my fine feathered fish-hunter?

The vast majority do not complain. They know what they signed up for and signed up willingly.

This is typical of the level of delusion among unionists - take a few inevitable complaints and delude yourself into thinking that all the workers in the industry will cheer you on when you take their jobs away from them. It's how unions justify their continued existence.

Ah - so now it's a matter of voting with your feet whether or not a business is rorting workers? Depends on how many complain?  They may have known what they signed up for etc as you say - but all that means is that they didn't know the RULES which stipulate you cannot sign away your wage and condition rights, and thus that they should not have signed on that particular dotted line.

So - if only a few complain - does that make it any less an issue for proper resolution?  How many simply shrug it off and head back to the backpacker life of partying and girls etc?  How many are too afraid to speak out and maybe just drop out and leave rather than have the trouble?  How many just don't give a rat's because they are going home soon anyway, and won't be here for the resolution?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #196 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 8:04am

freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2020 at 5:25pm:
Gnads wrote on Sep 9th, 2020 at 7:55am:
freediver wrote on Sep 8th, 2020 at 10:16pm:
Quote:
Backpackers warn of horticulture industry 'underbelly' of dodgy labour hire providers and illegal wages

Thanks Gnads. Do you think the backpackers want the unions to kill the industry and the way of life in order to protect them from their own choices?

Do you want dodgy Labour Hire companies & farmers to continue to exploit workers - whether they are backpackers or not?

I'd say you do...... & that speaks volumes about you.

Are you accusing me of not wanting to destroy Australia's fruit growing industry and the way of life that backpackers enjoy?

Don't come that bullshyte .... you want employers & labour hire firms to be allowed to openly exploit workers ... no matter what their category or lifestyle.

It speaks volumes about you ..... you reprobate.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gazza

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #197 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 9:18am

freediver wrote on Aug 13th, 2020 at 10:39am:
I spent a summer picking watermelons once. It was hard work, and I'm pretty sure I got paid below minimum wage.

I picked peas one year, and made $18 for the day. But, the Italian woman working next to me made $200 for the day. I guess I just don't like hard work.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #198 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 10:04am

Then some wonder why people join unions.  Go figure.   Sad

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #199 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 6:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 9th, 2020 at 11:08pm:
No, freed - like the 14 year old boy shagged by his teacher - it was HE who made the complaint.. same-same - it is the backpackers who are making the complaints, and it is the non-Union industries filled with thieves that are trying to kill the Unions.

If the 'backpacker lifestyle' is so good - why are they complaining about the conditions and the pay? For example - their pay scale should include an accommodation allowance - not be deducted for accommodation. How now, my fine feathered fish-hunter?

The vast majority do not complain. They know what they signed up for and signed up willingly.

This is typical of the level of delusion among unionists - take a few inevitable complaints and delude yourself into thinking that all the workers in the industry will cheer you on when you take their jobs away from them. It's how unions justify their continued existence.

Ah - so now it's a matter of voting with your feet

That's always been the matter. Unionists delude themselves into thinking they can leave it to the unions to organise a raise rather than persuing their own best interest.

Quote:
Don't come that bullshyte .... you want employers & labour hire firms to be allowed to openly exploit workers ... no matter what their category or lifestyle.

You are lying Gnads.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #200 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 7:17am

freediver wrote on Sep 10th, 2020 at 6:22pm:

That's always been the matter. Unionists delude themselves into thinking they can leave it to the unions to organise a raise rather than persuing their own best interest.

Quote:

You are lying Gnads.

I'm not lying ............. you elitist hypocrite

You continue to bag worker unionism yet support business & employers that belong to Unions

Not everyone has the where with all to negotiate their own wages & conditions

whilst employers have the support of/use HR lawyers supplied by their Unions in drawing up contracts of employment.

Your double standards attitude is another reason why Trade Unions exist.

You support the exploitation of workers & wage theft.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 5:58pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 11th, 2020 at 7:17am:

Quote:

You are lying Gnads.

You continue to bag worker unionism yet support business & employers that belong to Unions

whilst employers have the support of/use HR lawyers supplied by their Unions in drawing up contracts of employment.

Your double standards attitude is another reason why Trade Unions exist.

You support the exploitation of workers & wage theft.

Well said

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #202 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 10:44pm

Quote:

You are lying Gnads.

Yes you are. You lied about what I want.

Quote:

I neither support nor oppose them. I have not seen any evidence they rely on collective self delusion the way employee unions do. Obviously when union self delusion gets to the extreme case where they want to destroy the fruit picking industry I will speak in their defence. It is ironic that you only see me defending the farmers, but cannot accept the reality that I am also supporting the employees.

Quote:

Who do you know who is too stupid to know how to ask for more money?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #203 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 11:43pm

Quote:
The vast majority do not complain.

Most crimes that are committed the police will put someone in prison irrespective of if anyone complains. This is just another type of crime.

There is no clause that it is ok if nobody complains.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #204 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 11:53pm

freediver wrote on Sep 11th, 2020 at 10:44pm:

Quote:

You are lying Gnads.

Quote:

I neither support nor oppose them. I have not seen any evidence they rely on collective self delusion the way employee unions do. Obviously when union self delusion gets to the extreme case where they want to destroy the fruit picking industry I will speak in their defence. It is ironic that you only see me defending the farmers, but cannot accept the reality that I am also supporting the employees.

Quote:

Most employers understand that when you sack the first few who ask nobody else will.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #205 - Sep 12th, 2020 at 8:48am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 11th, 2020 at 11:43pm:

Quote:
The vast majority do not complain.

Most crimes that are committed the police will put someone in prison irrespective of if anyone complains. This is just another type of crime.

There is no clause that it is ok if nobody complains.

You are missing the point again. There is also no clause that says a complaint means a crime has been committed.

Quote:
Most employers understand that when you sack the first few who ask nobody else will.

They will just leave instead of asking. If you employees are gone, your business is gone.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #206 - Sep 12th, 2020 at 9:22am

freediver wrote on Sep 11th, 2020 at 10:44pm:

Quote:

You are lying Gnads.

Quote:

Quote:

Typical diffusion & lies.

Why do employer associations unions exist?
That's all the evidence you need.

No Union wants to destroy any industry let alone the fruit industry. You claiming they do is a lie.

All you do is defend wage theft & exploitation.

You do not defend workers in any shape or form.

Workers ask for more money or better conditions & they risk the sack ... worse in non union businesses.

If employers were so honorable then Trade Unions wouldn't exist .......

what do you find so hard to comprehend in that?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #207 - Sep 12th, 2020 at 9:27am

Quote:

That's not evidence. It's a pointless and irrelevant question. If employer unions behaved the way employee unions did, they would be put in jail.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Sep 12th, 2020 at 9:35am

freediver wrote on Sep 12th, 2020 at 9:27am:
Quote:

That's not evidence. It's a pointless and irrelevant question. If employer unions behaved the way employee unions did, they would be put in jail.

Rubbish ..... they do & worse

& soon wage theft & exploitation will be offenses that can carry jail time.

If an employee steals they are charged & can go to jail.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #209 - Sep 12th, 2020 at 9:45am

Can you give an example of an employee union cooperating to reduce wages the way that employee unions cooperate to increase them?

Gnads whose pamphlet did did you read this in? Would you say it is typical of the unions views on the intelligence of their members?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Send Topic Print