Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What has happened to Tasmania. (Read 436 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

What has happened to Tasmania.
Aug 3rd, 2020 at 7:38pm

There is never anything in the news about the Taswegians these days, they are more isolated than ever, i hope they are ok down there and not breeding with their cousins etc , three headed Tasmanians may emerge post pandemic.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: What has happened to Tasmania.
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 8:24pm

It broke loose from Gone Dwanaland, and drifted away, never to be seen again.... taking with it the only remaining Tasmanian Aborigines who, according to previous reports, were totally wiped out a century or more ago, but are now apparently thriving and growing in numbers  .......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 8:27pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 8:24pm:
It broke loose from Gone Dwanaland, and drifted away, never to be seen again.... taking with it the only remaining Tasmanian Aborigines who, according to previous reports, were totally wiped out a century or more ago, but are now apparently thriving and growing in numbers  .......

Thanks for the update, i worry about them down there. I wish them well. Truganini lives on.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 8:46pm

A nephew and his family live there... haven't heard much, but I'm not assuming the worst.... isolation from the mainland is good along with hefty westerly winds...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 8:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 8:46pm:
A nephew and his family live there... haven't heard much, but I'm not assuming the worst.... isolation from the mainland is good along with hefty westerly winds...

They will probably be the last humanoids left on Earth.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:22pm

I read about them earlier today...

Quote:
Snow alert for Hobart as 'Antarctic air' sweeps towards Tasmania
19:28 EST

An icy blast of a kind not seen for five years is set to hit Tasmania, causing temperatures to plummet and snow to fall to 100 metres — with those planning to take to the wilderness warned if they get into trouble, help may not be able to reach them.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:28pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:22pm:

Quote:

An icy blast of a kind not seen for five years is set to hit Tasmania, causing temperatures to plummet and snow to fall to 100 metres — with those planning to take to the wilderness warned if they get into trouble, help may not be able to reach them.

It's good to know they are still on the radar.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:39pm

Johnnie wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 7:38pm:
There is never anything in the news about the Taswegians these days, they are more isolated than ever, i hope they are ok down there and not breeding with their cousins etc , three headed Tasmanians may emerge post pandemic.

Many of them went to Ireland where breeding with one's own cousin is no problem

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:53pm

AiA wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:39pm:

Nothing like keeping it in the family i always say.

The Muslims have shown the benefits of this practice.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2020 at 11:15pm

Tasmanians are hiding out from a very whacked out world at the moment. Don't blame em.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 12:34am

Setanta wrote on Aug 3rd, 2020 at 9:22pm:

Quote:

Sounds like my kind of country and season.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 12:36am

Hmm - my great-great-greats from Ireland were first cousins on both sides...... it was a long walk to another county and besides, as descendants of the ruling High Kings, they inter-bred religiously anyway.... seeking the Holy Grail of the purest strain..... and here I am!!

I'd look at the one on the left ....... the middle one is a porker, and the other one has dentist modified teeth... Nyall looks a loser dodo.....

I get it - it's a send-up...... Irish comedy....

― John Adams

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 7:21am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 12:36am:

Hmm - my great-great-greats from Ireland were first cousins on both sides...... it was a long walk to another county and besides, as descendants of the ruling High Kings, they inter-bred religiously anyway.... seeking the Holy Grail of the purest strain..... and here I am!!

I'd look at the one on the left ....... the middle one is a porker, and the other one has dentist modified teeth... Nyall looks a loser dodo.....

You are right - the one one the left is sexy.

But it is an American comedy show.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 5:09pm

AiA wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 7:21am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 12:36am:

You are right - the one one the left is sexy.

But it is an American comedy show.

.. the red hair.. the milky skin.... yummmmmm...

― John Adams

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 5:25pm

JULY 16 2020
Unions Tasmania secretary Jessica Munday says workers are often left out of decision making
The Advocate

Tasmanian workers are being asked about how they see their work and jobs in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.   Huh

Unions Tasmania secretary Jessica Munday said workers and members of 23 unions were being surveyed on their views.

"We're surveying workers across Tasmania because we want to hear their views on their work, what they need from their jobs and what they want to see for our state in a post-pandemic Tasmania," Ms Munday said.

"Workers are often left out of decision making when they're the ones doing the jobs we're all talking about being critical to post-COVID recovery.   Sad

"Workers have also borne the brunt of the pandemic with many in low paid, insecure jobs left in the cold because our workplace system allows for their work to be casualised too easily."

The survey has 19 questions covering a range of topics including working from home and childcare and any projects workers would like to see started to create jobs.

Ms Munday says it is not a "push poll" or tick the box survey.

It closes on August 15.

"We're talking to union members every day and some of the common themes about their concerns are casual jobs and insecure work which is worse with the pandemic," Ms Munday said.

"They want to see more local manufacturing with more products made in Tasmania and Australia.

"They also want the public service to play its role during the economic recovery."

Unions Tasmania has joined the push to increase the rate of the JobSeeker payment.

Ms Munday said unions wanted the JobSeeker payment to remain at the current rate inclusive of the coronavirus supplement.

"Shocking statistics for Tasmanian jobseekers were released this week that showed 39,000 Tasmanians are currently in receipt of Jobseeker or Youth Allowance with 20 workers vying for every one job that is advertised here," she said.   Sad

"This demonstrates how far Tasmania is from recovery and how critical a liveable rate of JobSeeker will be to support Tasmanians, both now and into the future."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print