Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Closing the Gap 793.2
Reply #30 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:05pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 5:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 5:00pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 4:57pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 4:50pm:
Yet more ad hominem debate form Gordon.  I wonder why he bothers?  I have asked serious questions.  I expect them to be treated seriously.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You want the Govt to invest in industry in remote areas. 
Car factory in the middle of the Pilbara?

You're a whakadoodle lefty

No, I don't expect that.  There are plenty of small workshops which could be established in the outback but Government doesn't want to do that.  It, like you, want to force Indigenous Australians into the cities, away from their land.  Gee, I wonder why?  You are the one who deserves re-education, Gordon.  You need to learn to respect Indigenous Australians.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Instead if saying "plenty of small workshops" why don't you actually give an example of what the hell you're on about.

Engineering.  Automotive repair shops.  Anything that requires a small investment and a few willing workers.  Problem is you don't think Indigenous Australians are capable of anything other than "painting dots"(Gordon, 2020). Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #31 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:07pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 7:12pm:
Bloody hell, listen to Bwian. He wants them to stay in remote areas doing pretend Govt jobs and pigeon hole them to be his pet noble savages.

I want them to get educated and qualified in whatever their interests and aptitude leads them, then they can make their own decisions and go and do what ever they want. Maybe one will do an MBA at UniSyd then go work in the banking sector in London for 5 years, come home and start up a micro-finance business lending to Aboriginal entrepreneurs.

Meanwhile, Bwians Abbos will still be painting dots in a remote settlment because he wants them to retain their culture to make his lefty diseased brain feel better.

And you just want to turn them into faux whites.  Tsk, tsk.  They tried that, in the bad old days of assimilation.  How many kids are you proposing should be stolen, Gordon?  Do you want a nice little black boy as a servant?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #32 - Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:08pm

cods wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 7:33pm:
Yet more ad hominem debate form Gordon.  I wonder why he bothers?  I have asked serious questions.  I expect them to be treated seriously.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, I don't expect that.  There are plenty of small workshops which could be established in the outback but Government doesn't want to do that.  It, like you, want to force Indigenous Australians into the cities, away from their land.  Gee, I wonder why?  You are the one who deserves re-education, Gordon.  You need to learn to respect Indigenous Australians.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

WHY DONT THEY DO IT BRI BRI?..

Ask Gordon, Cods.  He believes he has the answer to how to turn Indigenous Australians white.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 1:51am

... and the  market for an engineering workshop and car repair industry in a remote area is?

(coughs)  I'm curious... 
(not that there's anything wrong with that)..
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2020 at 2:04am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 2:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:08pm:

Ask Gordon, Cods.  He believes he has the answer to how to turn Indigenous Australians white.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why can't they just go out and get a qualification and a job?  I've known blokes from country towns who worked hard and became doctors... is anyone seriously suggesting, in this day and age, that anyone with the academic requirements is excluded by policy?  When there are endless special scholarships?

What remote area White Boy gets the same shot?  My gf once was studying nursing...her friend, an Aboriginal woman married to a White Boy, got free plane trips to Sydney, and Sydney U, and full accommodation, all free... my gf had to pay full fee and cover her own costs, including travel at week's end to shag me (lucky woman - once we spent an entire weekend locked up together at my home, and her friend said "aah, I know what you've been doing!" - glory days).... her friend also had a job looking at 'sacred sites' in a Land Cruiser on full pay in  her 'time off' from study,  to make sure the power lines didn't 'Invade' some sacred site...

You???

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 4:56am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:08pm:

gordy is talking about educating the CHILDREN bri... please keep up...

you are talking about POP UP INDUSTRIES...

so I gather you have no idea why your aboriginal chums do not

GET OFF THEIR BUMS AND CREATE INSTANT JOBS FOR THEMSELVES?....

its the same with anything to do with aboriginals...not only lazy but all the bleeding hearts do is encourage them to be lazier...

why bother when you can get others to do it for you??????????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 5:00am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 1st, 2020 at 1:51am:
... and the  market for an engineering workshop and car repair industry in a remote area is?

(coughs)  I'm curious... 
(not that there's anything wrong with that)..

what about remote B and Bs grap...get over glamping   make it rusty old car overnight stays...with breakfast round the camp fire...

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 5:09am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 10:05pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 5:43pm:

Instead if saying "plenty of small workshops" why don't you actually give an example of what the hell you're on about.

Engineering.  Automotive repair shops.  Anything that requires a small investment and a few willing workers.  Problem is you don't think Indigenous Australians are capable of anything other than "painting dots"(Gordon, 2020). Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't think you have a grasp of anything tbh.
Just look at the state of the housing they're given....and you want to dish out more.
The 36b a year they're given could have a workshop under every gum tree in remote areas.
Where does that money go?
It should be like anyone else.....you choose to live out there with not a cent to your name then your quality of life will reflect that.

Good to note that you do in fact want to push western ways onto them though.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #38 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 8:44am

There is this little township just north of Coffs Harbour.

It has a grubberment funded housing and respite care facility .

It also has a grubberment funded aboriginal art centre where you can buy abbo art.

A WHITE person serves you when you go into the shop, even with all the local abbos and people living there.

Many of the trinkets for sale are "MADE IN CHINA"

The allegedly abbo done art is rediculiously expensive and poorly made.

Obviously non-traditional tools and products are used in the manufacture of the art.

With all the abbos sitting around doing what they do best.....Nuffink.

You woukd think they would spend a bit of time making stuff rather than farming it out to CHINA?

But as with all aboriginal things, LAZYNESS TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER WORK........HOW DARE YOU

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 8:54am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 12:41pm:
It is an interesting list, I agree.  I also agree that Indigenous Australians have to meet them at least half way.  That means an intensive education for them about how to care for and raise children.  It means an intensive education for them about the consequences of their actions.

Yes, "Mutual Obligation" would be a suitable method but it would need for the Government to recognise that unless they invest in industries in remote locations there will still be no work for Indigenous Australians.  "Mutual Obligation" only works if there is obligation from the Government as well.

However it must be coupled with an intensive education system for white Australians on how to treat Indigenous Australians.  Will Whites meet that at least half way?  The many Whites which post here appear unable to treat Indigenous Australians with any respect.  They are out and out Racists in their attitudes towards Indigenous Australians.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

You would think that after 40,000 years of surviving on this continent they'd have that down pat.

As for intensive education .... that's the crux of the decades long programs of bridging the GAP ...

they don't turn up to school for the education.

Govts from both sides of politics have been obliging via huge sums of monetary obligation yet still the problem persists.

Just what sort of "industry" should govt. invest in in remote communities.......... when they won't even do that in major cities, towns around coastal & near coastal Australia?

And just what is the intensive education non Indigenous Australians -( I didn't say "white" because not all non indigenous peoples are white so why did you?) - need to know, to know how to treat Aboriginals?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 9:31am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 2:32pm:
And what happens to the Indigenous Australians who wish to "stay on country", Gordon.

All I see is another effort to depopulate country to enable miners to mine it without worrying about Native Title owners objecting.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You in particular need that education program to learn to treat Indigenous people with a minimum of respect.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You defeat you own purpose from you previous post with that response.

If they want to stay in remote communities then they have to come up with some self sustainable ideas themselves.

Otherwise they stay on what Noel Pearson calls "sit down" money/welfare ......... & the situation doesn't change.

I'd suggest you wouldn't have a clue as to what respect is due to Aboriginal people other than permanent pandering to & doing everything for them.

You're part of the problem as to why these programs are merely marking time & never progressing.

You're one of SJWs that ignore or howl down the Noel Pearsons, Warren Mundines & Jacinta Prices when they put forth suggestions & point out the shortfalls/hypocrisy of current Indigenous policy.

You hold more stead into bitter people like Marcia Langton who is on the backhander to big mining.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #41 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 9:44am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 3:41pm:
All depends upon what you mean by "work for the dole".  If it is local and it is designed to promote the local community, all is fair.  If it is not local and it is designed to punish them for their circumstance it is not fair. 

Something along the lines of a mutual obligation to repay what they get for free from the taxpayer. I cannot imagine them (aborigines) having the best of both worlds without being criticised for having the best of both worlds. Either hunt and grow your own food, or get with modern society and be part of Australia.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #42 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 9:48am

Brian wants them to stay in remote communities with pretend jobs. I want them to have the same choices as we all have.

Why does Brian hate Abbos so much?
Oh I know, he's an autistic lefty.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 12:35pm

We could always go for Grappler-san's GAIA Mk II - the industrial complex built around the ore deposits...  Wink

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Aug 1st, 2020 at 12:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 31st, 2020 at 3:41pm:
All depends upon what you mean by "work for the dole".  If it is local and it is designed to promote the local community, all is fair.  If it is not local and it is designed to punish them for their circumstance it is not fair. 

X 2..... I always agree with you when you are right...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print