Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Even a car accident death will be classed as Covid (Read 2823 times)
The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Even a car accident death will be classed as Covid
Reply #15 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:56pm

lee wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:47pm:
"The CDC is lumping positive COVID-19 viral and antibody tests together. Here's why that's bad."

You do understand the viral tests test for COVID19? People with it die or are isolated. It gives a false picture of deaths. Capiche?

yes petal. And the CDC hasn't differentiated between them. Can you? If the states can't differentiate between tests and deaths, how can you be sure they can differentiate between dying of COVID-19 and dying with COVID19?  Grin Grin Grin

You are a complete idiot lee

Aquas post related to health officials in illonois saying IF YOU HAVE A POSITIVE TEST AT THE TIME OF YOUR DEATH< EVEN IF YOU DIE OF AN UNRELATED CAUSE< YOU ARE COUNTED AS A COVID DEATH

Your post does not

I'm not going to waste my time engaging with you any further because you are a complete waste of time.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 5:39pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:56pm:
Aquas post related to health officials in illonois saying IF YOU HAVE A POSITIVE TEST AT THE TIME OF YOUR DEATH< EVEN IF YOU DIE OF AN UNRELATED CAUSE< YOU ARE COUNTED AS A COVID DEATH

Your post does not

What part of viral testing and antibody testing don't you understand petal? The states aren't differentiating. So someone with the antibody, having recovered, then dies, is listed as a COVID death. Was that really so hard for you to understand?

I'm not going to waste my time engaging with you any further because you are a complete waste of time.

The only time wasted by you is in not learning to think things through. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:00pm

lee wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 5:39pm:

Your post does not

What part of viral testing and antibody testing don't you understand petal? The states aren't differentiating. So someone with the antibody, having recovered, then dies, is listed as a COVID death. Was that really so hard for you to understand?

The only time wasted by you is in not learning to think things through. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Talking about thinking things through:

You or someone is saying that you quote and possibly believe but maybe not as posting information is in no way an indication that you are a supporter of the view you post. However making such assumptions as that it is possible to comment on what you post I would think that claiming the different test results are mixed would be a bad thing for what seems to be but likely isn't your view.

You see the impact of doing this would mean that the total numbers of people with the virus is exaggerated and in fact much less. As the death rate is a known even under reported in fact if the total number of people with the virus is much less as you report this means that the percentage death rates are much higher than thought.

The point in your post is proving that the virus is much more deadly if it is true, not less so. As you say think it through.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 7:28pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 11:00pm:
The point in your post is proving that the virus is much more deadly if it is true, not less so. As you say think it through.

Poor petal. I make no claims other than the figures used by CDC and some states incorporate both viral test data and antibody test data. That will give skewed results.

The number of tests/ million will be right (except if double counted), There is no way to recork the genie in the bottle.

Perhaps you can give us your opinion on deaths from covid rather than deaths with covid.

However making such assumptions as that it is possible to comment on what you post I would think that claiming the different test results are mixed would be a bad thing for what seems to be but likely isn't your view.

you did read the livescience piece didn't you or are you going in half-arsed?

lee wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:16pm:
"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and several state health departments have been reporting COVID-19 diagnostic tests and antibody tests as one grand tally, rather than keeping their results separate, The Atlantic reported. "

https://www.livescience.com/cdc-combined-covid-19-diagnostic-and-antibody-tests....

So do you want to tell us all that it is ok? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 12:53pm

You see the impact of doing this would mean that the total numbers of people with the virus is exaggerated and in fact much less. As the death rate is a known even under reported in fact if the total number of people with the virus is much less as you report this means that the percentage death rates are much higher than thought.

So let's see; assuming they put an identity on their cases -

If the tests are combined the total live cases is increased. Should someone on the list having tested positive for antibodies die, they will be recorded as having died from covid. That will increase the deaths/death rate/ million.

As to you sentence "As the death rate is a known even under reported", that is a load of bollocks. The death rate is either known or unknown. It can't be both known and under reported.

Did you think your statements up all by yourself or did someone do it for you? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 1:06pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 13th, 2020 at 5:37pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 13th, 2020 at 5:27pm:
"I don't have this information at my disposal at this time"

Nowhere does she state that if your death was accidental that it's counted as a COVID death.

Your narrator doing what I've accused you of but you plead innocence to of minimising the virus and leading to further uninformed morons who will spread the virus and may kill a friend of yours is the one making the claim.

So I will ask you again, stop spreading false information, dick head.

I would hope that nobody you know, none of your family or friend contract the virus or die from it.

But as nice and compassionate person as I think I am, I would laugh my arse off at you if it did.  Just deserts.

hmmm, maybe you need to consider how "nice and compassionate " you truly are  Wink

sadly thats what all the threads have come down too..

personal abuse  and its getting worse....it isnt pleasant coming here anymore....the abuse is getting uglier by the day...

check out just about every post in this thread alone...

almost every post containing abusive comments...
believe me sad there is nothing nice or compassionate about your posts.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #21 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:19am

Bottom line. Doesn't matter how officials classify a death. Well, it does matter, but for this exercise.

Just look at total number of deaths (from any cause) in any given month, compared to total number of deaths last year in that month, or the year before in that month. Adjust % for population numbers.

The difference will probably be down to covid deaths.
Officials can tinker with cause of death but not so much with total number of deaths.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:36am

sherri wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:19am:
Bottom line. Doesn't matter how officials classify a death. Well, it does matter, but for this exercise.

Just look at total number of deaths (from any cause) in any given month, compared to total number of deaths last year in that month, or the year before in that month. Adjust % for population numbers.

The difference will probably be down to covid deaths.
Officials can tinker with cause of death but not so much with total number of deaths.

They have already done this In the US Sherri..

A few months back they worked out that the amount of deaths over the last 12 months was not really any difference to the previous 12 months..

In fact, the 12 monthly death total was lower than 2017...

We’ve been had...

We’ve ruined our economies for nothing...

China is laughing all the way to the bank...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:38am

Btw

The Trump administration has just taken the task for Covid19 death data off CDC and given it to an other government department because they couldn’t be trusted..

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:45am

Quote:
California to Release 18,000 Prisoners by End of August to ‘Slow the Spread of COVID-19’

Watch the increase in deaths go up now...

NY has already let out many prisoners and violent crimes have gone up 200%...

All Democrat Run Cities...

Why would they do this?

Think logically...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:51am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 8:45am:
Quote:
California to Release 18,000 Prisoners by End of August to ‘Slow the Spread of COVID-19’

Watch the increase in deaths go up now...

NY has already let out many prisoners and violent crimes have gone up 200%...

All Democrat Run Cities...

Why would they do this?

Think logically...

I don't know if i've ever laughed harder at a post before ... think logically ... bahahahaha!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 9:59am

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:43pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 14th, 2020 at 4:40pm:
ABC News: "Man in his 80s has died from COVID-19 in Victoria".

Could it be that the man was in his 80s when he died in Victoria?

The health experts say he died of Covid.
Some conspiracy theorist on the internet says he didn't
hmmmm who to believe?

Don't start that bullschitt again. Had enough of facebook posts calling the regular people conspiracy theorists because we don't go out panic buying or claiming that we have to set up leper colonies to prevent the spread of the virus.

I get up in the morning ready to concede that I could have probably died in the night due to my obesity. I could probably surmise that an 80-year-old would have succumbed to some condition somewhere along the line. Covid19 just hurried the onset of death along.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:02am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 9:59am:
Covid19 just hurried the onset of death along.

All death is just the hurrying of death along. Something's is going to get all of us.

Who are you to trivialise the timing ?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:24am

mothra wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:02am:

All death is just the hurrying of death along. Something's is going to get all of us.

"Trivialise the timing"??? The whole implication of what I wrote initially on this topic was that the man who was 80 years old was going to die soon because he was 80 years old. Simply having the covid19 strain in your body when you die does not mean that it was covid19 that caused that guy's death. More the reason his body was unable to handle a virus, due to his age. His immune system would not have responded to viruses as well as when he was 60 years old. His body was not in top physical peak, anymore. He was very likely to die this year. Covid19 was just one of the diseases that made his death more expedient.

The reason why we see most deaths from covid19 being people over the age of 60 years is because our bodies break down in terms of efficiency after that age. My father is turning 66 next month. After years of smoker (him being an ex-smoker for the last 30 years), an ex-drinker (he drank regularly until he was into his 50s), and after years of not giving a damn about his health, he is on the brink of dying from the next heavy cold. He told me how he could not watch the 4th Rambo movie because the scenes nearly lead him to having a heart attack. I could pretty much say that the man is a prime potential candidate to be added to the covid19 death toll because of his current health. But only because Dad did not look after his health in his youth.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:29am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:24am:
mothra wrote on Jul 17th, 2020 at 10:02am:

"Trivialise the timing"??? The whole implication of what I wrote initially on this topic was that the man who was 80 years old was going to die soon because he was 80 years old. Simply having the covid19 strain in your body when you die does not mean that it was covid19 that caused that guy's death. More the reason his body was unable to handle a virus, due to his age. His immune system would not have responded to viruses as well as when he was 60 years old. His body was not in top physical peak, anymore. He was very likely to die this year. Covid19 was just one of the diseases that made his death more expedient.

The reason why we see most deaths from covid19 being people over the age of 60 years is because our bodies break down in terms of efficiency after that age. My father is turning 66 next month. After years of smoker (him being an ex-smoker for the last 30 years), an ex-drinker (he drank regularly until he was into his 50s), and after years of not giving a damn about his health, he is on the brink of dying from the next heavy cold. He told me how he could not watch the 4th Rambo movie because the scenes nearly lead him to having a heart attack. I could pretty much say that the man is a prime potential candidate to be added to the covid19 death toll because of his current health. But only because Dad did not look after his health in his youth.

I didn't bother reading the second paragraph. The first paragraph was just too stupid.

And just so you know, not only can 80 yrear old live a good 20 years more, young people can die from covid.

I swear, most of a year into this thing and people are still idiots about it. There's not that much learn people. Get with it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print