Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: BLACK ON THE RAMPAGE!
Reply #45 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 1:01pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:57pm:
cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
thats not my idea of DV   to me its old fashioned JEALOUSY...

nothing quite like a women scorned...

she didnt need to kill him though..

Why isn't it DV?

Because it wasn't inside the house?  Grin Grin

Bet if the shoe was on the other foot & it was the bloke doing the jealous rage resulting in murder it would be DV. Roll Eyes

Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy was murdered by her ex-boyfriend in the bathroom of a city hotel before he attempted to conceal the "heinous act", a NSW coroner has found.

Magistrate Forbes said women were far too often killed by their current or former partners and the case would be referred to the NSW Domestic Violence Death Review Team

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-24/preethi-reddy-murdered-in-hotel-by-ex-boy...

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #46 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 1:09pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 1:01pm:

Why isn't it DV?

Bet if the shoe was on the other foot & it was the bloke doing the jealous rage resulting in murder it would be DV. Roll Eyes

Sydney dentist Preethi Reddy was murdered by her ex-boyfriend in the bathroom of a city hotel before he attempted to conceal the "heinous act", a NSW coroner has found.

Magistrate Forbes said women were far too often killed by their current or former partners and the case would be referred to the NSW Domestic Violence Death Review Team

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-24/preethi-reddy-murdered-in-hotel-by-ex-boy...

Bad one - Usual Suspect ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 1:24pm

Why isn't it DV?

this one is called a LOVE TRIANGLE.....in  other words jealousy.. ruled on the day.. she will be charged I would think WITH MURDER....

she doesnt appear to have planned to kill him...it could well end up being DV thats for sure because we dont know why their relationship fell apart...

maybe relationship violence ending in death..

dv means to me  a continuing failure .. the end act wasnt the first sign of violence..

for instance many women are killed after DVO are enacted....

when someone has to go to that extreme  it should send a signal to the powers that be......someone isnt coping with reality, they cant be told enough is enough.. Sad

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #48 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 1:48pm

"for instance many women are killed after DVO are enacted...."

Then why isn't THIS DV?  Seems to be at least a double standard there... I once tried to persuade the relevant NSW police body to look into the incidence of murder after an AVO or DVO was put in place - and consider whether or not it was in itself a 'trigger' for escalation of violence.

Not interested - nor is anyone else, no research, no compilation of stats etc, just dogged adherence to the same old worn-out paradigm that is killing people - but it seems to me that without clear proof of genuine violence beforehand - application of any 'orders' is an unwarranted imposition and thus clearly has the potential to escalate violence and exacerbate any differences... not resolve them.  As I said in my overlooked submission to the NSW Law Reform Commission (three lies for the price of one) - any act of genuine violence was already actionable under the Law of the land - thus there was no need for 'orders' or other sanctions based on emotions - AND, being themselves an imposition - such things were more likely to make matters worse... (this was filed under "there were two dissenting views')...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:03pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 1:48pm:
"for instance many women are killed after DVO are enacted...."

Then why isn't THIS DV?  Seems to be at least a double standard there... I once tried to persuade the relevant NSW police body to look into the incidence of murder after an AVO or DVO was put in place - and consider whether or not it was in itself a 'trigger' for escalation of violence.

Not interested - nor is anyone else, no research, no compilation of stats etc, just dogged adherence to the same old worn-out paradigm that is killing people - but it seems to me that without clear proof of genuine violence beforehand - application of any 'orders' is an unwarranted imposition and thus clearly has the potential to escalate violence and exacerbate any differences... not resolve them.  As I said in my overlooked submission to the NSW Law Reform Commission (three lies for the price of one) - any act of genuine violence was already actionable under the Law of the land - thus there was no need for 'orders' or other sanctions based on emotions - AND, being themselves an imposition - such things were more likely to make matters worse... (this was filed under "there were two dissenting views')...

to my knowledge and in this case I dont think a DVO was applied for....

and of course enacting a DVO will trigger certain persons...... as does telling them " you are leaving them"....they just cant handle rejection.....

so what is the solution.. NO DVOS would that work?....

a visit to the offender by cops.... welfare.....mental health...

if only one size fitted all.....

Rose Batty is a classic example     she never for a moment thought her exhusband would harm their son.. he loved his boy.....yet he killed him with a cricket bat...

we have to have laws otherwise society wont work..

when you think of the number of deaths due to dv it is on the whole a very small number.....BUT why should one person not be allowed to leave a relationship.for fear of death.....why should a person live in dread and fear everyday because they are in a relationship with a monster who makes their lives hell..

please note  no gender mentioned......it goes for all persons....in a bad relationship.....

maybe mental issues are on the increase and we have taken our eye off the ball....because its so huge...

but I doubt removing DVOs would prevent deaths.....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:06pm

I suspect they ADD to deaths, provoking the crap out an already very cranky person.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:09pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:06pm:
I suspect they ADD to deaths, provoking the crap out an already very cranky person.

so what do you suggest the authorities try????

tippy toe of course wouldnt want to upset anyone would we?..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:49pm

cods wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:09pm:

Buggered if I know (I am not a social scientist and you sure are not one) but 33 years experience in Law tells me that DVOs create more serious harm than they prevent.  Not once did I ever recommend to a distressed client that they get a DVO.

No bit of paper ever stopped a knife or a bullet, etc.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:59pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:49pm:

Buggered if I know (I am not a social scientist and you sure are not one) but 33 years experience in Law tells me that DVOs create more serious harm than they prevent.  Not once did I ever recommend to a distressed client that they get a DVO.

we are all well aware of that   but dont you think discussion is a good thing.. you seem to dismissive of it...

my thoughts on it it is getting WORSE...

would it help when dv it reported they go to counselling...or at least anger management...

again it wont stop it all but it could prevent some things happening...

pieces of paper never stopped a thing....we know by the very stats.....and sometimes the authorities think oh well weve done all we can do... Roll Eyes

look at DOCs   it isnt working... but why isnt it working???....it must fall down at a certain level...we are missing something and the consequence is the evil amongst us is growing...

chucking money or bits of paper at it is not the answer

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #54 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:59pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:40pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:18pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 5:40am:
Grappler is correct that a woman is more likely to hit or slap or get up in the face of a man in a relationship then vice versa.

but its like my jack russell is more likely to snap at my doberman, so we have to rely on the doberman to exercise more self restraint.

women are 1/2 a standard deviation high in trait neuroticism.

they are more "easily upset".

you need that to raise infants.

dad might snore thru the baby crying at midnight but the mother has to be more "sensitive". its a biological thing.

so women have higher levels of anxiety and depression and are more likely to cry and start a fight in a relationship.

but men are 1/2 a standard deviation higher in trait aggression and trait disagreeableness.

thats why there are 10 men in jail for every woman.

thats not discrimination.

should we start arresting women 10 x more so we achieve equality  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

of course not.

men are more aggressive.

the stats for this also play out in women being far more likely to ATTEMPT suicude (because they get upset more easily) but men being far more likely to SUCCEED with suicide despite lower numbers of attempts (because they are aggressive and use a more lethal violent force)

If a bloke walked into a pub and verbally abused patrons it wouldn't be long before somebody punched his head in.

Any fair minded person would conclude the assailant did the wrong thing but the victim contributed to the situation.

Just as I'm sure some women are totally the innocent party in DV situations, there would be varying degrees of where the woman has created a situation where the bloke lashing out was a likely outcome.

i dont think a guy should ever hit a woman

I'd broaden that to say no person should hit another person for any reason other than self defense or the defense of others, or if they're a willing participant who wants to fight.

That goes for all 72 genders Wink

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #55 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:17pm

cods wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:59pm:

we are all well aware of that   but dont you think discussion is a good thing.. you seem to dismissive of it...

would it help when dv it reported they go to counselling...or at least anger management...

pieces of paper never stopped a thing....we know by the very stats.....and sometimes the authorities think oh well weve done all we can do... Roll Eyes

look at DOCs   it isnt working... but why isnt it working???....it must fall down at a certain level...we are missing something and the consequence is the evil amongst us is growing...

So, what is cods, or are you just talking....'Houston, we have a problem....the sky is falling....YOU come up with a solution.  I want a gabfest but YOU come up with the answer Houston.  I'll just virtue signal and sound important, but YOU have the job of solving it.  Get back to me and in the meantime, I'll gibber that we have a problem I know SFA about fixing. Sob."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:27pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:17pm:
cods wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:59pm:

So, what is cods, or are you just talking....'Houston, we have a problem....the sky is falling....YOU come up with a solution.  I want a gabfest but YOU come up with the answer Houston.  I'll just virtue signal and sound important, but YOU have the job of solving it.  Get back to me and in the meantime, I'll gibber that we have a problem I know SFA about fixing. Sob."

waste of time... when will I ever learn. Undecided

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:33pm

When you cease posting crap about stalking, maybe.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:34pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:33pm:
When you cease posting crap about stalking, maybe.

get lost you stupid person...no one is talking about stalking only you the resident idiot.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #59 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 7:20pm

Cods was correct ln this one, it's not DV. They dated for less than a week....shes a bunny boiler!

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print