Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: BLACK ON THE RAMPAGE!
Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 11:36pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 11:18pm:
cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 11:09pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 7:15pm:
cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
thats not my idea of DV   to me its old fashioned JEALOUSY...

nothing quite like a women scorned...

she didnt need to kill him though..

Well - relationship violence then - the term 'domestic violence' has become so abused to fit a one way scenario that it is now meaningless...

so a name change may fix the problem you reckon???

somehow I dont think those who do the deed give a stuff about what we call it..

they dont see it as violence they see it as their right....like all bullies..they would never pick on someone their own size...and when they get ugly and bash someone   shortly afterwards they cry and say I will never do it again.....so she forgives him she believes him..she thinks she loves him....that is until the next time....its like being trapped in a revolving door......when hes nice hes very very nice  but when he mad....hes evil..

and the more she forgives him the worse he gets...

my dad was like that....not so much with the violence [ he gave my mum a black eye once]  but with his dark moods....that went on for months at a time...as kids growing up me and my brother were scared of him....we talked in whispers hated being in the same room as him......not a lot of fun for children thats for sure. Sad

Putting the problem - the REAL problem and not the flawed paradigm in use - is merely putting the whole issue in perspective - not saying that a simple name change would settle down the war.....

The earnest attempt is to get to the roots of this serious problem and actually do something apart from continue the violence on all sides... and wee can never do that as long as the issue is seen from one 'side' (there are no sides in a human relationship - only a whole) .... I'm the peacemaker..... not the problem...

So - when a man is killed in a relationship (modern family) violence incident.... we must needs discuss the women killed as well in similar situations. and not stick to the issue?

Doesn't sound like this guy 'bullied' his EX girlfriend - he shagged another woman... so the EX killed him.. pretty straight forward and nothing to do with the flawed paradigm and anecdotes from some distant past.

I disagree jealousy makes people do terrible things....

she found him with another women in his apartment....I dont think she set out to run him down....but in the end jealousy took over......

in many cases.. DV usually goes on for years before it ends up in death of someone...

here are a few stats to mull over..

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE STATISTICS
The vast majority of dangerous, abusive and violent behaviour that occurs in the privacy of people's homes is committed by men against women.  Violence against women is now recognised to be a serious and widespread problem in Australia with enormous individual and community impacts and social costs
KEY FACTS

The following basic statistics help demonstrate the prevalence and severity of violence against women:

On average at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.1

One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence since the age of 15.2

One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence.2

One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner.2

One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner.3

Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.4

Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives.5

Of those women who experience violence, more than half have children in their care.6

Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships.  Every year in Australia over 300,000 women experience violence - often sexual violence - from someone other than a partner.7

Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year.8

Young women (18-24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups.9

There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence.10

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience both far higher rates and more severe forms of violence compared to other women.11

Intimate partner violence contributes to more death, disability and illness in women aged 15 to 44 than any other preventable risk factor.13

Domestic or family violence against women is the single largest driver of homelessness for women14, a common factor in child protection notifications15 and results in a police call-out on average once every two minutes across the country.16

The combined health, administration and social welfare costs of violence against women have been estimated to be $21.7 billion  a year, with projections suggesting that if no further action is taken to prevent violence against women, costs will accumulate to $323.4 billion over a thirty-year period from 2014-15 to 2044-45. 17

References:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 11:42pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 11:27pm:
cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 10:58pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:55pm:
cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
thats not my idea of DV   to me its old fashioned JEALOUSY...

nothing quite like a women scorned...

she didnt need to kill him though..

We had a vigil tonight for a woman who died 5 nights ago at the hands of her estranged husband. I would not know what motivated him to kill his ex. However, I would not fob the motivation as just "old fashioned jealousy" like it is nothing to the victims.

I agree  my thoughts when I wrote that was what jealousy was in my day....just a few years ago... Undecided

well the facts were then    we didnt go around killing each other

27 women killed this year    thats a little over 1 a week..

also 17 children have been killed....

what an appalling figure....for a country this size and wealth.... Cry Cry Cry

I am sure jealousy is a factor in many cases   but anger and rage would be most cases I am sure...

How many women killed these women?  Two I know of in Port Mack up the road a bit were killed by a FEMALE family member. That leaves 25... pray go on with factual data... and BTW - how many were Indigenous and certain ethnic groups?  How many were NOT killed in a family situation?
are you suggesting if they are aboriginal or ethnic.

they are not women

EACH ONE WAS CALLED A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CRIME

How many women killed those children compared to men? In the past a pre-school friend of my son was deliberately run over by a WOMAN and killed.

WHAT A SORRY TWISTED SOUL YOU ARE....NO WONDER YOU CANT HAVE A DECENT RELATIONSHIP WITH A WOMEN

Get it yet - killed in 'FAMILY relationship' is not the same as the fatally flawed 'domestic violence' paradigm of 'man v woman', and even the cops know that by now after their years of bashing men on complaint...

Can we have FULL facts instead of empty rhetoric that relies on the flawed paradigm to pass of a false image?  Raw figures on numbers killed are meaningless... got that yet?  It's PROPAGANDA presenting a false image.

I GAVE YOU SOME RAW FIGURES   HOW ABOUT YOU SHOW ME ALL THE FIGURES ON MEN BEING KILLED IN A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SITUATION

This is like our Koons and their Black Lives Matter - a higher percentage of NON-Indigenous die in custody than Indigenous... yet we are supposed to believe that Indigenes are sorted out for special killing or something... when the reality is they just want to go scot free for doing anything ... as some form of 'right' ....   Grin  Grin  Grin

I DONT TALK ABOUT KOONS  YOU ARE MORE DISGUSTING THAN I GAVE YOU CREDIT FOR,..

IF THATS THE BEST YOU CAN DO BEST YOU DONT BOTHER WITH ME IN FUTURE....

I DONT TALK YOUR LANGUAGE..

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:09am

Here are a few facts to m7ull over:-

[quote author=cods link=1593332989/15#15 date=1593351397]

The following basic statistics help demonstrate the prevalence and severity of violence against women:

On average at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.

27 this year - two at least killed by a female - sort out the difference between man v woman and 'family'

One in three Australian women has experienced physical violence since the age of 15.2
From whom?  Girls in the playground? The young girl beaten by Blacks on a train in Malbadishu?  Sort your real statistics out!

One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence. 
How many were in the EXTREMELY violent lesbian relationships?

One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner. 
Man or woman?  Get with it..... and at the same time how many men have experienced 'intimate partner' violence?

One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner. 
Man or woman - get with it... and how many MEN have endured the same emotional abuse from a woman?  HELLO?  Ever heard of a two way street?  And this is NOT 'violence'.

Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.
Man or woman?  Indigenous women are 45 times more likely to present at an emergency ward for treatment for injuries - from whom?  Man or woman or just a general melee?

Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives. 
Indeed - from whom - man or woman?  Ever figure that most men don't whine about small injuries?  and 'fearing for their lives'?  You serious - that's an excuse to be a skank!

Of those women who experience violence, more than half have children in their care. 
Meaning what exactly?  That men never have children in their care and men never experience violence from an intimate partner?  HELLO!  Parenting is a two way street.

Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships.  Every year in Australia over 300,000 women experience violence - often sexual violence - from someone other than a partner. 
OH - someone OTHER than a partner!  Well - buggar me!  WTF has that to do with relationship violence?

Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year. 
Meaning exactly what?  Greg Pecc's someone whistled at a Muslim woman in a scarf?   Roll Eyes  WTF has this to do with relationship violence?

Young women (18-24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups. 
From men or women?  Young men are THE highest group in receiving violence from everyone! How many parents punish their near adult children for bad behaviour?  HMMM?  Sorry, love - but some 'cultures' expect parental control over children for life.... 24 ain't nothing.. if the daughter steps out of line - off with her head!!

There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence. 
"growing evidence" - please explain?  SHOW ME!  There may be truth in this - but SHOW ME!  what has this to do with 'relationship violence'?

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience both far higher rates and more severe forms of violence compared to other women. 
For once an accurate descriptor...

Intimate partner violence contributes to more death, disability and illness in women aged 15 to 44 than any other preventable risk factor.
Again - from men or women and what exactly is an 'intimate partner'?  And how many MEN are injured of killed in such situations?

Domestic or family violence against women is the single largest driver of homelessness for women, a common factor in child protection notifications and results in a police call-out on average once every two minutes across the country. 
So the answer is to make men homeless instead - child protection notifications and police call-outs are equal and 98% of callouts result in no charge ....... 'DUH - 'child protection' means the child is not being looked after by BOTH.

Now stop slagging me and address the facts...  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:17am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:09am

Opinion is not fact....domestic violence is predominately male driven, that is fact.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:55am

Pedro Curevo wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 3:09am:
Opinion is not fact....domestic violence is predominately male driven, that is fact.

Wrong - 62% of domestic incidents are STARTED by the woman - women suffer 60% of the injuries as a result... long held statistics for reality, turkey.

So 'DV' (the false paradigm) is NOT 'driven by men' - it is DRIVEN BY WOMEN - the outcomes do not reflect the driving force, so maybe those directly responsible need to stop doing it...

Real world for once, sonny...

You are so right, dumbass - opinion is NOT fact!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 5:40am

Grappler is correct that a woman is more likely to hit or slap or get up in the face of a man in a relationship then vice versa.

but its like my jack russell is more likely to snap at my doberman, so we have to rely on the doberman to exercise more self restraint.

women are 1/2 a standard deviation high in trait neuroticism.

they are more "easily upset".

you need that to raise infants.

dad might snore thru the baby crying at midnight but the mother has to be more "sensitive". its a biological thing.

so women have higher levels of anxiety and depression and are more likely to cry and start a fight in a relationship.

but men are 1/2 a standard deviation higher in trait aggression and trait disagreeableness.

thats why there are 10 men in jail for every woman.

thats not discrimination.

should we start arresting women 10 x more so we achieve equality  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

of course not.

men are more aggressive.

the stats for this also play out in women being far more likely to ATTEMPT suicude (because they get upset more easily) but men being far more likely to SUCCEED with suicide despite lower numbers of attempts (because they are aggressive and use a more lethal violent force)

IP Logged

Tally

Reply #21 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 7:47am

Many things contribute to DV but at the end of the day, when a strong person uses force against a weaker person, that's just all kinds of wrong.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 7:52am

Physically weaker, true.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 8:28am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 2:09am:
Here are a few facts to m7ull over:-

[quote author=cods link=1593332989/15#15 date=1593351397]

On average at least one woman a week is killed by a partner or former partner in Australia.

27 this year - two at least killed by a female - sort out the difference between man v woman and 'family'

From whom?  Girls in the playground? The young girl beaten by Blacks on a train in Malbadishu?  Sort your real statistics out!

One in five Australian women has experienced sexual violence. 
How many were in the EXTREMELY violent lesbian relationships?

One in four Australian women has experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner. 
Man or woman?  Get with it..... and at the same time how many men have experienced 'intimate partner' violence?

One in four Australian women has experienced emotional abuse by a current or former partner. 
Man or woman - get with it... and how many MEN have endured the same emotional abuse from a woman?  HELLO?  Ever heard of a two way street?  And this is NOT 'violence'.

Women are at least three times more likely than men to experience violence from an intimate partner.
Man or woman?  Indigenous women are 45 times more likely to present at an emergency ward for treatment for injuries - from whom?  Man or woman or just a general melee?

Women are five times more likely than men to require medical attention or hospitalisation as a result of intimate partner violence, and five times more likely to report fearing for their lives. 
Indeed - from whom - man or woman?  Ever figure that most men don't whine about small injuries?  and 'fearing for their lives'?  You serious - that's an excuse to be a skank!

Of those women who experience violence, more than half have children in their care. 
Meaning what exactly?  That men never have children in their care and men never experience violence from an intimate partner?  HELLO!  Parenting is a two way street.

Violence against women is not limited to the home or intimate relationships.  Every year in Australia over 300,000 women experience violence - often sexual violence - from someone other than a partner. 
OH - someone OTHER than a partner!  Well - buggar me!  WTF has that to do with relationship violence?

Eight out of ten women aged 18 to 24 were harassed on the street in the past year. 
Meaning exactly what?  Greg Pecc's someone whistled at a Muslim woman in a scarf?   Roll Eyes  WTF has this to do with relationship violence?

Young women (18-24 years) experience significantly higher rates of physical and sexual violence than women in older age groups. 
From men or women?  Young men are THE highest group in receiving violence from everyone! How many parents punish their near adult children for bad behaviour?  HMMM?  Sorry, love - but some 'cultures' expect parental control over children for life.... 24 ain't nothing.. if the daughter steps out of line - off with her head!!

There is growing evidence that women with disabilities are more likely to experience violence. 
"growing evidence" - please explain?  SHOW ME!  There may be truth in this - but SHOW ME!  what has this to do with 'relationship violence'?

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women experience both far higher rates and more severe forms of violence compared to other women. 
For once an accurate descriptor...

Intimate partner violence contributes to more death, disability and illness in women aged 15 to 44 than any other preventable risk factor.
Again - from men or women and what exactly is an 'intimate partner'?  And how many MEN are injured of killed in such situations?

Domestic or family violence against women is the single largest driver of homelessness for women, a common factor in child protection notifications and results in a police call-out on average once every two minutes across the country. 
So the answer is to make men homeless instead - child protection notifications and police call-outs are equal and 98% of callouts result in no charge ....... 'DUH - 'child protection' means the child is not being looked after by BOTH.

Now stop slagging me and address the facts...  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

you do not wish to face reality..

these figures are from the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.stats..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-24/family-violence-inquiry-left-more-questio...

At the time of writing, 21 women have been killed by a violent act in the 21 weeks since the start of the year.

That's according to the bluntly-named research project Counting Dead Women, which recorded 19 deaths for the same period last year.

In February one brutal murder particularly shocked the nation; that of Brisbane woman Hannah Clarke and her three children by Clarke's estranged husband Rowan Baxter.

So far today police in Australia would have dealt with on average
248domestic violence matters

Learn more about these numbers.Share

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 8:37am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 5:40am:
Grappler is correct that a woman is more likely to hit or slap or get up in the face of a man in a relationship then vice versa.

but its like my jack russell is more likely to snap at my doberman, so we have to rely on the doberman to exercise more self restraint.

dad might snore thru the baby crying at midnight but the mother has to be more "sensitive". its a biological thing.

so women have higher levels of anxiety and depression and are more likely to cry and start a fight in a relationship.

but men are 1/2 a standard deviation higher in trait aggression and trait disagreeableness.

should we start arresting women 10 x more so we achieve equality  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

of course not.

men are more aggressive.

the stats for this also play out in women being far more likely to ATTEMPT suicude (because they get upset more easily) but men being far more likely to SUCCEED with suicide despite lower numbers of attempts (because they are aggressive and use a more lethal violent force)

have you got the links to your claims??

its noted grap never has the links to his claims either..

I prefer to believe the authorities the first responders...

the finger pointing gets no one anywhere... if you wish to find an answer....no matter how small...you dont twist everything to fit in with your criteria....grap doesnt have a happy history with females.....he comes across as very hostile to females no matter what..

as for you you too think your an authority on knowing women....[ you have no hope btw]...

if life was as simple as you both claim  I am sure by now they would have found a solution to all this killing.......

A survey of domestic violence data in Australia revealed that 1 in 6 women and 1 in 20 men have experienced at least one incident of violence from a current or former partner since the age of 15. Between 2014 and 2016 there were 264,028 domestic violence incidents reported and recorded.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 11:21am

Links to all those FACTS have been put up here many times.

This strand was about some Black sheila killing her EX boyfriend, and you've been 'triggered' into making it all about the poor, poor women again - all without providing one single solid fact, but a lot of spin, cods.

So what now - are YOU counting kills?  One man, quite possibly having children in his custody, doesn't matter because a number of Aboriginal and Usual Suspect ethnic women are killed?

That is not helping the REAL issues of violence and the current gross mishandling of it that is causing so much more violence on all sides - same as not addressing the real issues for Aboriginals but stomping the streets with placards is not helping.

https://www.impactforwomen.org.au/australias-death-toll-2020.html

Spinski in operation - "oh - we don't differentiate by gender of the perpetrator - we like to leave that one open so everyone can claim it's men doing it."

If Port Mack was anything to go by - that's two in one hit - both women - run down by another FEMALE family member.  Aboriginal, BTW.

If you leave aside the reality that Aboriginals are 16 times the national standard likely to die in a family violence incident.... and certain Usual Suspect groups - which can include mothers in 'honour killings' etc - that doesn't leave much for the rest, does it?

Ready to break down the remaining 25 women for us, cods?  Tell us exactly who, when, what and where?

Until HARD facts are put down about exactly who does what - there will always be a total black hole in reality here.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 11:23am

Oh - nothing hostile to women from me - I adore real women and they adore me - but rejection of bullshit is not 'hostility'...

Get your mind right and do try to stick to the issues and the facts.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 11:29am

Right -

"At the time of writing, 21 women have been killed by a violent act in the 21 weeks since the start of the year.

That's according to the bluntly-named research project Counting Dead Women, which recorded 19 deaths for the same period last year.

In February one brutal murder particularly shocked the nation; that of Brisbane woman Hannah Clarke and her three children by Clarke's estranged husband Rowan Baxter."

That's one for the men - two women killed by a woman - now detail the rest..... that leaves only 24 out of your original 27 to be fully reviewed.

And - oh - when you discuss 'reports' of violence - look at the real figures - most such reports (98%) are not found to be worth pursuing, so must never be included as 'violence', AND when you 'define' 'violence' as any feeling - violence ceases to exist as a reality - Newspeak cods, Newspeak.

Again that is pure spin... and pretty normal 'reporting' by a women's group with a special interest in ramping up the figures.  Again this is not helping the overall situation - just making it worse.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #28 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:11pm

I reckon a fair few male suicides would be the direct result of verbal and emotional abuse from a wife. If they were added into the DV stats things would look a lot different.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:18pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 5:40am:

of course not.

men are more aggressive.

If a bloke walked into a pub and verbally abused patrons it wouldn't be long before somebody punched his head in.

Any fair minded person would conclude the assailant did the wrong thing but the victim contributed to the situation.

Just as I'm sure some women are totally the innocent party in DV situations, there would be varying degrees of where the woman has created a situation where the bloke lashing out was a likely outcome.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print