Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
UK's role in Whitlam's sacking (Read 1305 times)
wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
UK's role in Whitlam's sacking
Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:39am

An important reckoning with a great historical injustice is underway in Australia which presents the world with a rare opportunity to look into the darker corners of the corridors of power too often ignored by even the most ardent truth seekers among us.

This reckoning has taken the form of a four-year, hard fought legal battle which a lone crowd funded Australian historian named Jenny Hocking waged in the highest courts of her nation to win the right on May 30, 2020 to make 211 secret letters held within Australia’s National Archives public for the first time since they were deposited in 1978.

These palace letters were written between the Queen of England (via her personal secretary) and her Governor General in Australia Sir John Kerr during the latter’s tenure as official Head of State during the interim of 1974-1978 and until last week’s court ruling, were intended to be kept hidden until December 8, 2037.

What makes these letters such a point of national controversy is that they contain information which will undoubtedly shed light upon the active role of the Queen herself in carrying out an act which essentially amounted to a modern coup d’état of November 11, 1975. During this sad period, Kerr made history by not only sacking the elected Prime Minister Gough Whitlam, but also revealed the scope and nature of the British Monarchy’s very real powers in our modern age.

These are bizarre god-like prerogative powers which those forces controlling today’s globally extended empire would much rather keep concealed from public view.

contd:

http://canadianpatriot.org/the-sacking-of-gough-whitlam-and-the-royal-intention-...

Well may we say God save the queen...

The Bible is our charter - David Ben-Gurion

Genesis 15:18 : To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the River Euphrates.

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Re: UK's role in Whitlam's sacking
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 8:00am

I think most people who lived through that time are aware of who the corrupt asshole was in this whole affair....... try Kerrs Cur.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 8:37am

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:07am

UK had no 'role' in Whitlam's sacking, Australia on the other hand requested it before he bankrupted the country.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:22am

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:07am:
UK had no 'role' in Whitlam's sacking, Australia on the other hand requested it before he bankrupted the country.

Have you seen what the current organised crime syndicate (coalition government) has done to Australia?

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:54am

One of those moments in history - November 11th 1975 - where just about everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news.

I was in Perth City walking near the former Musgroves (music store) in Murray Street opposite Forrest Place when I saw a 'flyer' for the afternoon's (now defunct) Daily News newspaper outside a nearby newsagent and the 'flyer' announced in huge black letters: WHITLAM SACKED

I remember like it were only yesterday. I was 18 years old at the time. Smiley

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:59am

Carl D wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:54am:
One of those moments in history - November 11th 1975 - where just about everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news.

I was in Perth City walking near the former Musgroves (music store) in Murray Street opposite Forrest Place when I saw a 'flyer' for the afternoon's (now defunct) Daily News newspaper outside a nearby newsagent and the 'flyer' announced in huge black letters: WHITLAM SACKED

I remember like it were only yesterday. I was 18 years old at the time. Smiley

I remember protesting on the steps of Old Parliament House that evening.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:01am

Carl D wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:54am:

I remember like it were only yesterday.

I remember that too.

And turning to the back of the Daily News and looking for the mouse in Langoulant's cartoon.

Musgroves was in Hay St back then, though.

It was where JB HiFi is now - the narrow one, down the escalators.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:07am

Thanks, Greg.

I must have been a bit 'hazy' with my recollection of Musgroves at the time. I'm sure it was there at some point although it may have been one of the others like Vox Adeon (which eventually became Archie Martin Vox).

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:09am

I am so looking forward to reading that correspondence.  Kerr's cur, indeed.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:18am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:01am:

Actually, I think that 'downstairs' JB HiFi has gone now. Didn't particularly like going down there, All I could think of was 'earthquake' or 'fire' and how the heck would people get out quickly in the event of either one.

I could never understand why JB had 3 stores in such close proximity to each other - the 'downstairs' one in the Hay St. Mall, the one in Enex100 and the third one in Piccadilly Arcade.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:20am

Carl D wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:07am:
Thanks, Greg.

I must have been a bit 'hazy' with my recollection of Musgroves at the time. I'm sure it was there at some point although it may have been one of the others like Vox Adeon (which eventually became Archie Martin Vox).

Yep, they moved around a bit.

You might be right though.

They started in Murray St, at number 223 (where Zara is now).

They might not have moved to Hay St until 1977.

And then, they moved back to Murray St a few decades later, near Shafto Lane.

But yeah, back in 1975 they probably were opposite Forrest Place.

https://purl.slwa.wa.gov.au/slwa_b1922498_2

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:23am

Carl D wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:18am:

Actually, I think that 'downstairs' JB HiFi has gone now. Didn't particularly like going down there, All I could think of was 'earthquake' or 'fire' and how the heck would people get out quickly in the event of either one.

I could never understand why JB had 3 stores in such close proximity to each other - the 'downstairs' one in the Hay St. Mall, the one in Enex100 and the third one in Piccadilly Arcade.

The downstairs one is gone?

I didn't know that - I'm going to Enex now, so I'll check it out.

And yeah, three stores so close was always a bit crazy.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:46am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:23am:
Carl D wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:18am:

The downstairs one is gone?

I didn't know that - I'm going to Enex now, so I'll check it out.

And yeah, three stores so close was always a bit crazy.

Oh, yeah.

That's right - they closed the downstairs one and opened a mega store in Murray St (upstairs, above Woolworths).

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:55am

Carl D wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:07am:
Thanks, Greg.

It's coming back to me now.

There was a fire in the Musgroves building in the '70s, and they moved to Hay St after that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print