Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
My Support for the Police (Read 4045 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: My Support for the Police
Reply #45 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 3:54pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 7:01am:
Police don't have to respond to criminal activity..

Actually, I think they do. As I understand it I believe that once they receive a complaint they have a legal obligation to investigate.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #46 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 6:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 3:42pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:21pm:

What is that meant to prove, Graps?

I've known several police over the years.  My father was good friends with a senior officer that he used to attend football games with.  One of my friends who was a really nice bloke turned out to be crooked.  The other, who was a real bastard was a straight as a die.  The police force is made up all sorts of people good, bad, indifferent.  I don't particular dislike police because they are police.  They have a job to do.  Some do it well, some badly, some crookedly.  QED.

Yet another feather in bwyannnnnns cap.

Is there anything bwyannnmnnn hasn't done?

And all this crammed into a 16 year old child

Amazing

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #47 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 1:57am

Valkie wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 6:26pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 3:42pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:21pm:

What is that meant to prove, Graps?

I've known several police over the years.  My father was good friends with a senior officer that he used to attend football games with.  One of my friends who was a really nice bloke turned out to be crooked.  The other, who was a real bastard was a straight as a die.  The police force is made up all sorts of people good, bad, indifferent.  I don't particular dislike police because they are police.  They have a job to do.  Some do it well, some badly, some crookedly.  QED.

Yet another feather in bwyannnnnns cap.

Is there anything bwyannnmnnn hasn't done?

And all this crammed into a 16 year old child

Amazing

Jeez, mate - I played in the annual friendly League game between the firies and the cops.... I was a ring-in .... my father was #5 on the seniority list with the fire brigade and his brother a senior copper... hard to get past those creds....

But I don't do pissing games..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:05am

Gnads wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 3:50pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:07am:
Valkie wrote on Jun 20th, 2020 at 6:10pm:
There are good and bad cops.

Generally, if you stay under their radar, they won't bother you.

Pfft! Most around here are good. But then there are those that want you to bow to them every time you are in their presence.

Over three years ago, it took an hour for police to get to an incident involving me. All because they wanted to assemble the police officers that would tolerate me the most. I seem to have a few officers who look at me sideways because they can't concede being in the wrong.

You can be polite to the police. But, being professional in dealing with them is the key to getting along.

Roll Eyes the mind boggles .......how you think that comes across? 

Oh gee, I dunno. I think it goes back to the senior officers remembering me from my teenaged years back when a senior officer had some problem and misunderstanding with me -- without getting into too much detail. I had been flagged on police records since my 18th year. And I think my pre-adulthood years have expunged records of me.

Police don't have to respond to criminal activity. But, some officers can make requests not to deal with a person personally. I have a couple of officers that I don't want to interact. And a few officers don't want to be within cooee of me. But, that night I had an altercation with someone, it took an hour before the police showed. They happened to be two officers who I know have some dealing with me.

If you've ever listened to police radio (secure, innit?) , you will note that sometimes when a call comes in from a beat about someone, the operator will ask them to go to the back channel.... that's the one on which all the unofficial sh1t is handed to the cops on the beat/road, and they then make up their minds whether or not to roust the person they are looking at.

Don't believe for one second that anything you've even been accused of or even hinted as having done is forgotten.  After the Wood Royal Commission, these pr1cks were even handed lists of people who'd lodged documents with the commission complaining about police actions....

Great, innit? But that's NSW for ya.... one reason the Commissioner made a point, at my uncle's funeral, about him being 'the honest copper' ..... what does that say about the rest?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #49 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 5:07am

Quote:
these pr1cks were even handed lists of people who'd lodged documents with the commission complaining about police actions....

Isnt that illegal in itself?

Did anyone see on the news yesterday those police stunning that guy?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #50 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:07am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:05am:
If you've ever listened to police radio (secure, innit?) , you will note that sometimes when a call comes in from a beat about someone, the operator will ask them to go to the back channel.... that's the one on which all the unofficial sh1t is handed to the cops on the beat/road, and they then make up their minds whether or not to roust the person they are looking at.

Don't believe for one second that anything you've even been accused of or even hinted as having done is forgotten.  After the Wood Royal Commission, these pr1cks were even handed lists of people who'd lodged documents with the commission complaining about police actions....

Great, innit? But that's NSW for ya.... one reason the Commissioner made a point, at my uncle's funeral, about him being 'the honest copper' ..... what does that say about the rest?

Yes, I have happened to listen to police radio. I heard about a killing that happened on Tuesday night over the other side of town. A domestic violence killing. I switched on the police radio to listen to what was going on. They had just apprehended the suspect at the golf course woodlands. When I found out about where the homicide had occurred, it appeared that the suspect and the victim's places were featured in a number of call-outs. But that is a discussion for another topic.

For the record, even though I am supposed to be anonymous, my troubles with police date from 1988, 1990, 1996, 1997 and then again in 2006. It has been quiet for me since then. Only the incidents where I was mugged in 2013 and the time when I was marginally assaulted in 2017 were times when police responded. Amazingly, the robbery with violence in 2013 had the police units setting up a perimeter in the area within 5 minutes. But, the police could not respond on a Wednesday until 5 minutes after a restaurant manager made a second call (this time 000) to police for assistance.

I know from experience that the police can access security camera vision of restaurants. If they want to find where I am or have been, they can do a search of where I am through my phone locator and then go look on security vision on the hundreds of cameras around town. I could bet that the security vision at the restaurant I was located during the assault had the station deciding on who to send out to deal with the matter involving me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 12:05pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 5:07am:
Quote:
these pr1cks were even handed lists of people who'd lodged documents with the commission complaining about police actions....

Spot

Deep the naivety is in this one.... of COURSE it's illegal.... so is getting in tight with the girls who do DNA tests and maybe slipping in a false sample .... or taking a tissue from someone's bin and dropping it at a crime scene....

They all happen.... that is why the courts are supposedly required to test all evidence closely - not just blithely accept anything from the accuser.  As I said - the disease starts with the courts.... they need to be reamed out as a first port of call... no solid proof - no conviction. 

SUBSTANTIAL - meaning REAL/SOLID/PHYSICAL corroborating evidence or no dice on the 'verbal'.

e.g.  Cop - "The accused smashed the window then punched an officer!"

Judge - "You have video of this?  Was there a report of injury to the officer or any treatment?""

Cop - "No, but..."

Judge - "No ifs or buts - next case..."

Do you know how many people have been 'sent down' for 'assaulting a police officer'?  When no evidence - let alone proof - has been produced to show any such assault?

Brian should be right up there on that one - it's a Black Life matter, innit... an everyday event for the Indigenous...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 12:37pm

Its fairy common Graps for any attempt to not comply with a Police Officer's requests to be written up as "resisting arrest".  So, an Indigenous Australian faces a double edged sword when the coppers turn up.  If he complies and allows himself to be arrested, he is basically confessing his guilt.  If he fails to comply with the Officers, he is "resisting arrest".  Either way, the Coppers will throw the book at him 'cause of his colour.  Doesn't matter what actual crime he/she may have committed, if at all, what he/she is charged with usually doesn't resemble what actually occurred.   Queensland coppers are the worst for this apparently.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #53 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 1:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 12:37pm:
Its fairy common Graps for any attempt to not comply with a Police Officer's requests to be written up as "resisting arrest".  So, an Indigenous Australian faces a double edged sword when the coppers turn up.  If he complies and allows himself to be arrested, he is basically confessing his guilt.  If he fails to comply with the Officers, he is "resisting arrest".  Either way, the Coppers will throw the book at him 'cause of his colour.  Doesn't matter what actual crime he/she may have committed, if at all, what he/she is charged with usually doesn't resemble what actually occurred.   Queensland coppers are the worst for this apparently.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yup. NSW cops dont seem to be racist at all - they do it to everyone

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:14pm

Do you have any evidence of this?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 11:45pm

freediver wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:14pm:

Answer my questions, FD and I might answer yours.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 1:06am

Once he is in the hands of the police in Queenslund and some parts of NSW and many other states - they will show him to the fitting room and fit him up... if he swears at them he's intimidated police...

Seen it with my own eyes... often the callout to a 'domestic incident' ends up with the police assaulting the man and then measuring up the frame into which to fit him for all sorts of 'Aboriginal Trifecta' charges...

The old Aboriginal Trifecta was 'abusive language, resist arrest and assault police'.

Anyway the callout to a domestic and the extreme reaction is 'justified' by the reality that there are many family fights in Aboriginaland.... and that's a fact... and many more die 'at home' than any other group....

Of course, this does not justify draconian measures to 'prevent' violence (you getting my drift on DV yet?), something which was based on 'Anecdotal evidence' gathered in 'remote Aboriginal communities' from 'women only'....

You with me yet?  A prison officer I spoke to said that at least 25% of them were in prison for 'DV offences'.... and we all know that around 98% of those do not involve direct violence... nasty words maybe - but not real violence...

War against men, anyone? Tried out first on the nasty Indigenous and then extended to all 'equally'?

Any of you got there yet?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #57 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 5:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 12:05pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 24th, 2020 at 5:07am:
Quote:

Spot

Deep the naivety is in this one.... of COURSE it's illegal.... so is getting in tight with the girls who do DNA tests and maybe slipping in a false sample .... or taking a tissue from someone's bin and dropping it at a crime scene....

They all happen.... that is why the courts are supposedly required to test all evidence closely - not just blithely accept anything from the accuser.  As I said - the disease starts with the courts.... they need to be reamed out as a first port of call... no solid proof - no conviction. 

SUBSTANTIAL - meaning REAL/SOLID/PHYSICAL corroborating evidence or no dice on the 'verbal'.

e.g.  Cop - "The accused smashed the window then punched an officer!"

Judge - "You have video of this?  Was there a report of injury to the officer or any treatment?""

Cop - "No, but..."

Judge - "No ifs or buts - next case..."

Do you know how many people have been 'sent down' for 'assaulting a police officer'?  When no evidence - let alone proof - has been produced to show any such assault?

Brian should be right up there on that one - it's a Black Life matter, innit... an everyday event for the Indigenous...

I like the cops "trifecta" they use to cover their arses.

When they arrest someone.
They charge them with resist arrest, assaulting a police office and attemptibg to escape lawful custody.

These charges remain even if it's proven a false arrest.

So if you were to try and take them to court for fairly arresting you, they bring out these charges to Trump your false arrest charge.

I have even seen a new female cop beat on an old bloke to "blood" her.
To get the feel for beating down someone.

You can't beat them, you will never win.
But you should get away whenever possible.
Then head straight to the police station with your legal council.
This way, they can't hit you with the trifecta, only evading the police.
And if you have done nothing wrong, that charge cannot stick.

This way they have to real careful as you can take them to court and sometimes win.

But the long game will always see them on top.
There are far too many of them and they hound you.
I have friends who were in this boat.

The best way is to stay out of trouble.
Avoid the cops at every stage.
Let them get on with their "activities" and just let them be.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #58 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 6:39am

freediver wrote on Jun 25th, 2020 at 9:14pm:

I saw it before the commonwealth games. i tried to help a few ppl but it just made me a target

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #59 - Jun 26th, 2020 at 6:40am

John Smith wrote on Jun 23rd, 2020 at 3:54pm:
Police don't have to respond to criminal activity..

Actually, I think they do. As I understand it I believe that once they receive a complaint they have a legal obligation to investigate.

I will repeat myself. Police are under no obligation to respond to criminal activity. They can prioritise an investigation according to the seriousness of the activity. But, they are under no obligation to respond. They are expected to respond to a complaint. But, if the police arrive after something has finished happening, they are not held accountable.

I heard that from police officers a number of times.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print