Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
My Support for the Police (Read 3984 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: My Support for the Police
Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 3:04pm

cods wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:20am:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 9:59am:
Ajax wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 9:49am:
Love them or hate them without cops the streets would be a jungle.

In many cases they are the deepest darkest most dangerous parts of the jungle. While not so much in Australia by comparison (still not good) the US experience is a disaster.

totally agree   I want to sack them all and start over again..if only!

I am pretty sure they hav e many decent cops over there  every day doing their best...but they are completely over run by the maggots..

If it works in Iraq, why not try it here?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 3:50pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:07am:
Valkie wrote on Jun 20th, 2020 at 6:10pm:
There are good and bad cops.

Generally, if you stay under their radar, they won't bother you.

Pfft! Most around here are good. But then there are those that want you to bow to them every time you are in their presence.

Over three years ago, it took an hour for police to get to an incident involving me. All because they wanted to assemble the police officers that would tolerate me the most. I seem to have a few officers who look at me sideways because they can't concede being in the wrong.

You can be polite to the police. But, being professional in dealing with them is the key to getting along.

Roll Eyes the mind boggles .......how you think that comes across?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 4:05pm

cods wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:18am:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 9:56am:
cods wrote on Jun 20th, 2020 at 5:57pm:
yes the Police do a good job and a hazardous one

as is said not all are perfect  but that sadly is human nature. and its the same with all professions

take a good look at the Labor party right now  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and that "rottenness" has been there since time began.

The active part is to look right now, Typically Labor isn't corrupt.

By comparison the Liberals do not appear to act in a more corrupt manner but it is only because they are doing it all the time. They are never not corrupt it is a built in given, part of their construction.

no one says they are dna...

when they are caught with ALDI bags full of money from CHineses businessmen  let me know..

that btw ir CORRUPTION

when they are caught stacking the branches to get an advantage let me know

that is CORRUPTION>.

I believe it also in one of Labors by laws.....branch stacking is a NO No,.

yet as far as I can make out none of those mentioned in reports have been removed from parliament....

all sitting safe as bugs in rugs on the back bench....

its time that stopped and that goes for all who get elected    and commit a crime........

its time stuff like this had REAL PENALTIES....

as you point out there is corruption all around..

yet you never say what is happening right NOW....is worthy of being tossed out of parliament.. Angry Angry

they are bloody disgraceful.....do not  forget dna if this hadnt been exposed..

it would be sailing along in Both States...STILL>

Have you not read the news lately?

Or are you just dwelling on Sam Dastyari?

Old mate in Victoria Adem Somyurek has been sacked as a Minister & will be drummed out of the Labor Party.

His political career is finished.

2 other Ministers and Robin Scott and Marlene Kairouz have also resigned in the outfall.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 4:13pm

cods wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:46am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:23am:
They are mostly maggots in some places here too - you just dont hear about it if you dont live in those areas - or maybe its everywhere i dunno - its police culture isnt it

Spot

well you can look at it that way..

I look on it as being  human culture....look at the Labor party RIGHT NOW....still being caught doing what they have always done....over and over again..

BRANCH STACKING....its against the rules....

yet nothing is done about it....they all know its going on......but until its exposed like it was last Sunday 

there is NO ACTION from labor... Angry Angry Angry

Grin Grin Gladys Lui ring any bells for you Cods?

Quote:
The first-term Liberal MP is still facing lingering questions over her prior associations with groups linked to the Chinese government's United Front Work Department, the agency responsible for spreading Beijing's influence overseas.

The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday revealed that Ms Liu secured access to the federal government for a company and Liberal Party donor that was endorsed by the Chinese Communist Party and later implicated in a major organised crime probe.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/gladys-liu-demanded-liberal-party-pay-ba...

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 4:14pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:54am:
cods wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:51am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:48am:
They are mostly maggots in some places here too - you just dont hear about it if you dont live in those areas - or maybe its everywhere i dunno - its police culture isnt it

Spot

I look on it as being  human culture....look at the Labor party RIGHT NOW....still being caught doing what they have always done....over and over again..

yet nothing is done about it....they all know its going on......but until its exposed like it was last Sunday 

wth have the police to do with the labor party?

Spot

ok I know you dont like being reminded   BUT ITS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW>>>>maggots in the ranks...

you claim maggots are mostly in the police...

I am pointing out they are everywhere....and your silence about them is very telling.

This is a thread about the police - most of the police in certain areas are maggots. I dont know what you are talking about.

Spot

Bullshyte

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 6:54pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 4:13pm:

Spot

Grin Grin Gladys Lui ring any bells for you Cods?

Quote:
The first-term Liberal MP is still facing lingering questions over her prior associations with groups linked to the Chinese government's United Front Work Department, the agency responsible for spreading Beijing's influence overseas.

The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday revealed that Ms Liu secured access to the federal government for a company and Liberal Party donor that was endorsed by the Chinese Communist Party and later implicated in a major organised crime probe.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/gladys-liu-demanded-liberal-party-pay-ba...

That's the Lib way - prove your 'credentials' by being a mover and shaker, and they'll find you a safe spot somewhere... being a good fundraiser got the old sheila from Pomlandia into a safe seat down Batemans Bay way, just north of the Eden-Monaro where we lived.

Great creds for getting a sweet ride for life - service to the falcon party is all that is required.  Not talent - not ability - not genuine performance - just service to the farken party - same on both farken sides.

Now you see the genesis of the Nazi idea of proving your Aryan worth for several generations... look at what the johnny-come-latelys are doing to this nation and its people... with their oddball ideas from Offshoria - a 'finance minister' from darkest Belgium (FCS), a wop with no creds at all as NSW state premier and so forth... WorkChoicers and Sellouts the bloody lot of them.. and all for filthy lucre and using politics as a 'career' - again same on both sides.

Politics is NOT a career path - it is a service to the people, you arseholes.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:21pm

Oh, Brian?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:32pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:21pm:

This is the Brian version:

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 5:39pm:
Quote:
Is this the Islam you are so keen to defend with your "fair deal" nonsense, what about those who no longer believe in that bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit do they deserve a fair deal like article 18 of the Universal declaration of human rights?
Quote:
7 nations where atheism is punishable by death.
All 7 establish Islam as the state religion.
Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Iran,Afghanistan,Sudan,Mauritania and the Maldives
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/10/the-seven-countries-where-...

I make no excuses for those nations and their laws, BV.  I merely recognise that it is their right to create and unfortunately impose those punishments.   It is terrible but I also recognise I have no right or ability to criticise them.  I am neither a member of their religion or a citizen of any of those nations.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:36pm

The cops have a tough job but they are well rewarded. part of their schooling is to do time in Abbo environs, that opens their eyes and prepares them for the ice freaks etc.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #39 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 5:59am

Johnnie wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:36pm:
The cops have a tough job but they are well rewarded. part of their schooling is to do time in Abbo environs, that opens their eyes and prepares them for the ice freaks etc.

And they get an early retirement at a higher rate than Joe citizen.

As well as the bribes a lot of them take.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #40 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 6:51am

Jasin wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 10:28am:
Whenever you see one of those hot looking female cops on the beat, suddenly all the male citizens are only too eager to help  Wink

I have known a few. One I knew was about 190cm tall and very athletic. She was around at my place one afternoon. Dad came around that day, too. I somehow don't believe it to be a coincidence -- people talk. Dad, in his sexist arrogance tried hitting on this young lady. I warned Dad not to be so sleazy. The officer took the initiative to give Dad a hint at what she is like. She stood up. Stood looking down at Dad (who happens to be shorter than me). Then she grabbed him by the shoulder and gave him a bit of a roughing up to show how strong she was. Dad was humiliated. Had he complained, I would have stood up for the officer. But, he did learn his lesson.

Dad happens to be the target of the female officers who like to use Dad to hone their female dominance of men. Years ago, an ex-police officer ex-girlfriend was talking to Dad on Mum's mobile phone. Dad tried to be the tough guy with her (not knowing that the officer -- Miss B -- and I had a previous relationship). Miss B had let Mum know that Miss B had my daughter. Dad grabbed the phone off Mum and tried to ask to see his granddaughter. Miss B asked Dad to ask 'nicely'. Dad went "Ohhh.... please". Miss B just laughed her sultry laugh and accused him of begging her. I had to chime in and ask that Miss B had made him beg, didn't she? Dad got all sheepish about it. Only one female officer has genuinely shown a liking towards my Dad.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #41 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 7:01am

Gnads wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 3:50pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:07am:
Valkie wrote on Jun 20th, 2020 at 6:10pm:
There are good and bad cops.

Generally, if you stay under their radar, they won't bother you.

Pfft! Most around here are good. But then there are those that want you to bow to them every time you are in their presence.

Over three years ago, it took an hour for police to get to an incident involving me. All because they wanted to assemble the police officers that would tolerate me the most. I seem to have a few officers who look at me sideways because they can't concede being in the wrong.

You can be polite to the police. But, being professional in dealing with them is the key to getting along.

Roll Eyes the mind boggles .......how you think that comes across? 

Oh gee, I dunno. I think it goes back to the senior officers remembering me from my teenaged years back when a senior officer had some problem and misunderstanding with me -- without getting into too much detail. I had been flagged on police records since my 18th year. And I think my pre-adulthood years have expunged records of me.

Police don't have to respond to criminal activity. But, some officers can make requests not to deal with a person personally. I have a couple of officers that I don't want to interact. And a few officers don't want to be within cooee of me. But, that night I had an altercation with someone, it took an hour before the police showed. They happened to be two officers who I know have some dealing with me.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 8:05am

Valkie wrote on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 5:59am:
Johnnie wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:36pm:

And they get an early retirement at a higher rate than Joe citizen.

As well as the bribes a lot of them take.

And so they should ....... you go & deal with their day to day worklife.

re: the bribes..... like blacks dying in custody ..... they are few.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #43 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 6:12pm

Bribes are easier to hide than corpses.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 3:42pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 21st, 2020 at 8:21pm:

What is that meant to prove, Graps?

I've known several police over the years.  My father was good friends with a senior officer that he used to attend football games with.  One of my friends who was a really nice bloke turned out to be crooked.  The other, who was a real bastard was a straight as a die.  The police force is made up all sorts of people good, bad, indifferent.  I don't particular dislike police because they are police.  They have a job to do.  Some do it well, some badly, some crookedly.  QED.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print