Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SpaceX launch 6:30 am EST 28/05/2020 (Read 1489 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: SpaceX launch 6:30 am EST 28/05/2020
Reply #15 - May 31st, 2020 at 12:51pm

That was great.
Not the best time economically to run such things and for what purpose really>?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - May 31st, 2020 at 1:10pm

Jasin wrote on May 31st, 2020 at 12:51pm:
That was great.

I suppose you need to get people to Earth orbit for future larger space stations, from which to build inter-planetary vehicles ...

It will be a long time down the track, but eventually big space-stations will be the launch-sites of those inter-planetary vehicles.

So, here we have the resumption of US machines, with US astronauts, from US soil ... up to the ISS ...

Great for US pride, but maybe also a necessary step in advancing space travel down the track?

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 31st, 2020 at 1:44pm

Captain Nemo wrote on May 31st, 2020 at 1:10pm:
Jasin wrote on May 31st, 2020 at 12:51pm:
That was great.

I suppose you need to get people to Earth orbit for future larger space stations, from which to build inter-planetary vehicles ...

It will be a long time down the track, but eventually big space-stations will be the launch-sites of those inter-planetary vehicles.

So, here we have the resumption of US machines, with US astronauts, from US soil ... up to the ISS ...

Great for US pride, but maybe also a necessary step in advancing space travel down the track?

Definitely. All those millions of dollars that ScoMo gave to NASA's Mars Project was very poor timing. USA won't be spending much on Scientific Space projects unless it has Military value. Tightening the budget. Might be closing up the Observatory for a bit.
Wonder if we can get a refund? Huh

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #18 - May 31st, 2020 at 1:58pm

"The SpaceX founder and CEO has occasionally floated his controversial plan to terraform the Red Planet by setting off thermonuclear explosions above the planet’s polar caps and evaporating the frozen carbon dioxide stored there. According to Musk, this would trigger the greenhouse effect, raising the planet’s average temperatures enough to support human life.

“We understand that one thing is hidden behind this demagogy: This is a cover for the launch of nuclear weapons into space,” Dmitry Rogozin, the head of Russian state space agency Roscosmos, said in a YouTube interview with pro-Kremlin television pundit Vladimir Solovyov.

He slammed Musk’s idea as “inhumane,” saying it would “destroy” the planet.

“We see such attempts, we consider them unacceptable and we will hinder this to the greatest extent possible,” he said, adding that Russia is readying a response and that international regulations ban the deployment of any weapon into space.

Earlier this month, Roscosmos executive director for advanced programs and science Alexander Bloshenko told the state-run TASS news agency that Musk’s plan would require the detonation of more than 10,000 nuclear warheads. Musk responded with a tweet that simply said “No problem.”

Australia has offered a ship-load of prickly pear to colonise the Martian desert followed by rabbits and camels. Brazil offers forest burning skills and China will buy the lot.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print