Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Carnivorous Nations (Read 750 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Carnivorous Nations
May 22nd, 2020 at 7:51am

USA is the biggest consumer of Meat
and Australia is the 2nd biggest consumer of Meat.

Seems Veganism is not catching on here. Although Food Experts say Veganism is 'also' good for you.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Re: Carnivorous Nations
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2020 at 9:08pm

Interesting about meat consumption coming up.
I was wondering if eating too much meat throughout ones life could be a contributing factor to cancer.

As the good advice says through time, everything in moderation.
I love a good bbq, lamb chops, but not often.
When going out to eat I order fish as my main.
For some reason I just don’t eat a lot of red meat, and in recent events, someone in my family, has suffered cancer, and passed, as it was a puzzle why, I kept wondering. Because there is no cancer in the family, heart problems, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, strokes, yes, but not cancer.

I recall how much hamburger mum fed my brother, as she favoured him, while I had very little meat growing up.
Now I think that did me a huge favour?
I’m over 5 years older but he was always taken to look older than I.
So I’m still searching for reasons of why him and not me.

I can only do a comparison with diet and other lifestyle choices.

So until I have answers, I will keep on doing as usual-  ie: less is more.
As nothing exceeds like excess.

I will enjoy red meat but not often.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2020 at 9:20pm

Lols, what you should be most concerned about are foods that cause inflammation.

Grain fed beef is terrible for you while grass fed beef and lamb is a strong anti-inflammatory.

I eat loads of meat and my cholesterol is perfect.

IBI

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2020 at 9:33pm

Gordon wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 9:20pm:
Lols, what you should be most concerned about are foods that cause inflammation.

Grain fed beef is terrible for you while grass fed beef and lamb is a strong anti-inflammatory.

I have avoided grain fed beef and always preferred grass fed, and our local farmers market guy even says his cattle are fitter as they are in hilly region.

But Gordon, you are still young, and you keep fit, probably don’t smoke.

I love lamb more than red meat.
But I still have only minimal.

I’m on no medication, yet many my age and younger have scripts for all sorts of things, I reckon could’ve been averted with the right diet.

As for anti-inflammatory foods, there are quite a few good items on the list.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2020 at 9:44pm

Sophia wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 9:33pm:

I have avoided grain fed beef and always preferred grass fed, and our local farmers market guy even says his cattle are fitter as they are in hilly region.

I’m on no medication, yet many my age and younger have scripts for all sorts of things, I reckon could’ve been averted with the right diet.

Don't smoke, don't drink (did a bit of that in my 20s like most) do loads of exercise.

The best thing I ever did was to stop eating wheat and only eat brown rice.

Don't reduce the frequency you eat meat, just the quantity.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - May 25th, 2020 at 2:10am

Oooh!  You don' like MEAT?  I make Souvlaki then...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - May 25th, 2020 at 2:13am

Gordon wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 9:44pm:

Don't smoke, don't drink (did a bit of that in my 20s like most) do loads of exercise.

I can relate to that - since I chopped bread etc out, I don't suffer bloat and stuff that was persistent... but I eat a lot of red meat and vegetables like carrots, potatoes and green stuff... no choccies and no sweets much... coffee and beer though... don't eat pork or chicken...

Blood pressure is OK - heart - well - without intervention would be no good - and what would you do without me?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2020 at 7:02am

All 'processed' foods be it Vegan or Carny can lead to Cancer, especially when methods ask for Teflon surfaces to cook on etc.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 25th, 2020 at 8:01am

Grain fed beef lacks real flavour/taste

grass fed is always much better.

Way back before domestication where would wild cattle have ever got a good feed of grain?  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2020 at 8:04am

Grain Fed Salmon and Trout in Canada tastes far inferior than 'naturally fed' fish.
Grain fed Tuna in South Australia tastes bland and more prone to disease.
Seedless Watermelon tastes like the pips now.  Roll Eyes

There is no substitute for the real thing.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - May 25th, 2020 at 10:35am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:13am:

I can relate to that - since I chopped bread etc out, I don't suffer bloat and stuff that was persistent... but I eat a lot of red meat and vegetables like carrots, potatoes and green stuff... no choccies and no sweets much... coffee and beer though... don't eat pork or chicken...

Blood pressure is OK - heart - well - without intervention would be no good - and what would you do without me?

Had a pizza binge on the weekend and I felt crap all night. When you go off wheat it really hits you when you have some.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - May 25th, 2020 at 11:09am

Everyone is different.
Woman in QLD has come up with 'Blood Tests' to find out 'specifically' what that particular person needs and can cope with the best in regards to Diets and Dieting, etc.
Seems the best way to find out what my body can and can't cope with the best, rather than trying different Diets to see if they work by hit and miss.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2020 at 3:45pm

Lamb is a red meat.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2020 at 3:50pm

Same here. Cholesterol is fine despite the meat and fat rich diet. As a diabetic, carbohydrates are out. No rice, pasta, bread, lollies or spuds as well a whole gamut of other carbs. Rice sends my blood glucose to Mars and back.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2020 at 4:15pm

crocodile wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 3:45pm:

Lamb is a red meat.

Well okay, let me rectify, I prefer baa baa lamb to moo moo cattle beef, particularly on bbq. My hubby hates lamb so there’s no fight for those bbq lamb chops then  🤗

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #15 - May 25th, 2020 at 4:19pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:10am:

Oooh!  You don' like MEAT?  I make Souvlaki then...

Yum! I actually chose lamb kebabs when out sometimes, again, no comp from hubby he hates lamb. 👍
Maybe I’m turning Greek?
Malaka! 🤭

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2020 at 5:53pm

The problem with chicken is good quality chicken is unaffordable.

I used to buy a 2kg 80 day old free range bird for $50.
The taste is incredible but how often are you going to do that.

In comparison I can get grass fed rump for $18/kg from a wholesaler

IBI

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 25th, 2020 at 6:57pm

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 10:35am:

Had a pizza binge on the weekend and I felt crap all night. When you go off wheat it really hits you when you have some.

You could get gluten free based now for pizzas. Usually about $3 extra though. Better than getting tummy ache.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - May 25th, 2020 at 7:04pm

Sophia wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 6:57pm:

You could get gluten free based now for pizzas. Usually about $3 extra though. Better than getting tummy ache.

If I asked for gluten free at the very Italian place I get pizza from, the first word out if his mouth would be fanculo then a few other Italian words I don't understand  Smiley 

IBI

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #19 - May 25th, 2020 at 7:17pm

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 7:04pm:

If I asked for gluten free at the very Italian place I get pizza from, the first word out if his mouth would be fanculo then a few other Italian words I don't understand  Smiley 

😂 now that’s not nice!
Tell him to catch up with moderno !
Stupito bastardo! 🤭

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 25th, 2020 at 8:19pm

Sophia wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 7:17pm:
Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 7:04pm:

😂 now that’s not nice!
Tell him to catch up with moderno !
Stupito bastardo! 🤭

Exactly.

The best Italian pizza places in Perth all offer gluten free bases.

And, they're very, very nice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print