Carnivorous Nations (Read 773 times)
Sophia
Gold Member

Re: Carnivorous Nations
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2020 at 4:19pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:10am:
Sophia wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 9:33pm:
Gordon wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 9:20pm:
Lols, what you should be most concerned about are foods that cause inflammation.

Grain fed beef is terrible for you while grass fed beef and lamb is a strong anti-inflammatory.

I eat loads of meat and my cholesterol is perfect.

I have avoided grain fed beef and always preferred grass fed, and our local farmers market guy even says his cattle are fitter as they are in hilly region.

But Gordon, you are still young, and you keep fit, probably don’t smoke.

I love lamb more than red meat.
But I still have only minimal.

I’m on no medication, yet many my age and younger have scripts for all sorts of things, I reckon could’ve been averted with the right diet.

As for anti-inflammatory foods, there are quite a few good items on the list.

Oooh!  You don' like MEAT?  I make Souvlaki then...

Yum! I actually chose lamb kebabs when out sometimes, again, no comp from hubby he hates lamb. 👍
Maybe I’m turning Greek?
Malaka! 🤭

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2020 at 5:53pm

The problem with chicken is good quality chicken is unaffordable.

I used to buy a 2kg 80 day old free range bird for $50.
The taste is incredible but how often are you going to do that.

In comparison I can get grass fed rump for $18/kg from a wholesaler

IBI

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 25th, 2020 at 6:57pm

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 10:35am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:13am:
Gordon wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 9:44pm:
Lols, what you should be most concerned about are foods that cause inflammation.

Grain fed beef is terrible for you while grass fed beef and lamb is a strong anti-inflammatory.

I have avoided grain fed beef and always preferred grass fed, and our local farmers market guy even says his cattle are fitter as they are in hilly region.

I’m on no medication, yet many my age and younger have scripts for all sorts of things, I reckon could’ve been averted with the right diet.

Don't smoke, don't drink (did a bit of that in my 20s like most) do loads of exercise.

The best thing I ever did was to stop eating wheat and only eat brown rice.

Don't reduce the frequency you eat meat, just the quantity.

I can relate to that - since I chopped bread etc out, I don't suffer bloat and stuff that was persistent... but I eat a lot of red meat and vegetables like carrots, potatoes and green stuff... no choccies and no sweets much... coffee and beer though... don't eat pork or chicken...

Blood pressure is OK - heart - well - without intervention would be no good - and what would you do without me?

Had a pizza binge on the weekend and I felt crap all night. When you go off wheat it really hits you when you have some.

You could get gluten free based now for pizzas. Usually about $3 extra though. Better than getting tummy ache.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - May 25th, 2020 at 7:04pm

Sophia wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 6:57pm:

Don't smoke, don't drink (did a bit of that in my 20s like most) do loads of exercise.

I can relate to that - since I chopped bread etc out, I don't suffer bloat and stuff that was persistent... but I eat a lot of red meat and vegetables like carrots, potatoes and green stuff... no choccies and no sweets much... coffee and beer though... don't eat pork or chicken...

Blood pressure is OK - heart - well - without intervention would be no good - and what would you do without me?

Had a pizza binge on the weekend and I felt crap all night. When you go off wheat it really hits you when you have some.

You could get gluten free based now for pizzas. Usually about $3 extra though. Better than getting tummy ache.

If I asked for gluten free at the very Italian place I get pizza from, the first word out if his mouth would be fanculo then a few other Italian words I don't understand  Smiley 

IBI

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #19 - May 25th, 2020 at 7:17pm

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 7:04pm:

If I asked for gluten free at the very Italian place I get pizza from, the first word out if his mouth would be fanculo then a few other Italian words I don't understand  Smiley 

😂 now that’s not nice!
Tell him to catch up with moderno !
Stupito bastardo! 🤭

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 25th, 2020 at 8:19pm

Sophia wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 7:17pm:
Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 7:04pm:

😂 now that’s not nice!
Tell him to catch up with moderno !
Stupito bastardo! 🤭

Exactly.

The best Italian pizza places in Perth all offer gluten free bases.

And, they're very, very nice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print