Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
What a con by NZ..watch it take off in Australia. (Read 5245 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What a con by NZ..watch it take off in Australia.
Reply #105 - May 25th, 2020 at 6:23am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:02am:
Ah, so - this is the NEW assault on penalty rates... how very cunning are these Right Wing Leftist Laborites under Horse-Teeth What's-Er-Name, eh?  Ah, yes - JACINTA THE GREAT!

Get everyone working four days @ 9.5 hours.... and you can't 'discriminate' by DEMANDING that one who works Mon-Thur be paid less than one who works Fri-Mon.... or that one who works Fri-Mon be paid more for the same hours worked...

There, My Lord - THERE is your enemy!  Inside every politician hides an Adolph Stalin or a Jozep Hitler.... and the peasants will do their bidding....

(hello!!)   Cool 
(nailed it in one, Grappler)....

P.S. My uncle were a country copper for 45 years.... he lived on-site with residence in the Southern Highlands, and his hours were 24/7/365 as required... he never missed a call...

I believe there are still places like that in this country....

it would be a tough call   same goes for the doctors and nurses and vets....we dont know the half of it....

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #106 - May 25th, 2020 at 1:45pm

God Speaks!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/jacinda-ardern-unfazed-by-nz-earthquake-live-on-televi...

"It seems not even an earthquake can rattle New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern after her “ice cool” reaction to a 5.8 magnitude tremor was captured on live television.

Ms Ardern was mid-conversation with Channel Three’s Newshub host Ryan Bridge on Monday morning when the screen began to shake.

"We're just having a bit of an earthquake here," she nonchalantly declared.

Ms Ardern was being interviewed in the executive government building in Wellington known as "the Beehive" for its distinctive shape when it hit.

“Quite a decent shake here. If you see things moving behind me," she said.

The camera shot shakes as Ms Ardern looks around to judge her safety, smiling throughout.

"The Beehive moves a little more than most."

Mr Bridge asks if she is safe to proceed, yet she insists there is nothing to worry about.

"It's just stopped. No, we're fine. I'm not under any hanging lights, I look like I'm in a structurally sound place."

The strong earthquake was centred 30km north west of Levin, a town around an hour's drive north of the New Zealand capital.

It was felt most sharply around the South Taranaki Bight, and the closest major town, Wellington, some 100 kilometres south.

Dozens took to social media shortly after in awe of Ms Ardern’s calm and collective response.

“Robust foundations and ice cool composure from our Queen,” one person wrote on Twitter.

“Why am I not surprised that Jacinda Ardern casually takes an earthquake interrupting her interview in her stride"

Jeez - if this keeps up - she'll be the Next Messiah..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - May 25th, 2020 at 1:49pm

cods wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 6:23am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:02am:
Ah, so - this is the NEW assault on penalty rates... how very cunning are these Right Wing Leftist Laborites under Horse-Teeth What's-Er-Name, eh?  Ah, yes - JACINTA THE GREAT!

Get everyone working four days @ 9.5 hours.... and you can't 'discriminate' by DEMANDING that one who works Mon-Thur be paid less than one who works Fri-Mon.... or that one who works Fri-Mon be paid more for the same hours worked...

There, My Lord - THERE is your enemy!  Inside every politician hides an Adolph Stalin or a Jozep Hitler.... and the peasants will do their bidding....

(hello!!)   Cool 
(nailed it in one, Grappler)....

P.S. My uncle were a country copper for 45 years.... he lived on-site with residence in the Southern Highlands, and his hours were 24/7/365 as required... he never missed a call...

I believe there are still places like that in this country....

it would be a tough call   same goes for the doctors and nurses and vets....we dont know the half of it....

His wife was a nurse, so she was often involved in accidents and such - they were a team really, and he liked to keep some stock in the station paddock - she got her licence test driving some cattle home once. She reckoned he should have been a farmer.  Tragically of their three children their son was murdered (though they adopted an abandoned boy), and their eldest daughter died of breast cancer... lovely lady and a loss.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - May 25th, 2020 at 2:19pm

Anyway back to the subject of St Jacinta's latest:-

"Ah, so - this is the NEW assault on penalty rates... how very cunning are these Right Wing Leftist Laborites under Horse-Teeth What's-Er-Name, eh?  Ah, yes - JACINTA THE GREAT!

(hello!!)   Cool  (nailed it in one, Grappler)...."

What a win-win for business, getting rid of penalty rates and ensuring seven days a week all in one - thus effectively reducing average pay per week -must have been a good donation in there somewhere... or is it St Jacinta The Terminally Naive?

NEVER trust a politician bearing gifts.

― John Adams

IP Logged

billy the kid

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - May 25th, 2020 at 2:32pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:19pm:

"Ah, so - this is the NEW assault on penalty rates... how very cunning are these Right Wing Leftist Laborites under Horse-Teeth What's-Er-Name, eh?  Ah, yes - JACINTA THE GREAT!

What a win-win for business, getting rid of penalty rates and ensuring seven days a week all in one - thus effectively reducing average pay per week -must have been a good donation in there somewhere... or is it St Jacinta The Terminally Naive?

There are many thought bubbles going around at the moment, all released by politicians...
Interestingly both Ardern and Palaszczuk have elections
later this year.
Of course by then decisions will be made in order to win
the elections...nothing to do with health, the virus, or anything else....
And who knows, both may struggle to win....
But I suppose nothing really changes, does it......

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - May 25th, 2020 at 2:42pm

billy the kid wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:32pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2020 at 2:19pm:

There are many thought bubbles going around at the moment, all released by politicians...
Interestingly both Ardern and Palaszczuk have elections
later this year.
Of course by then decisions will be made in order to win
the elections...nothing to do with health, the virus, or anything else....
And who knows, both may struggle to win....
But I suppose nothing really changes, does it......

I wonder how much the voters will remember come election time.  Nu Zulland has a long history of being economically down for the ordinary people, regardless of its produce etc - this just looks like another 'let's make the wage earners competitive' nonsense.

Someone said that the Libs (etc) were obvious wolves, but Labor especially in its new guise(s), was a wolf in sheep's clothing.  The WW II Diggers knew that when Labor politicians promised to do something about wharfies etc slowing down supplies, while being paid huge wages while the Diggers got by on a few shillings... one of those diggers said you could expect nothing better from politicians living off the fattest in the land.

On another note - so much for women bringing any 'new perspectives' to the political table - sure they do - more of the same old venality and self-interest and sell-out of the voter.   Roll Eyes

I'm afraid St Jacinta has serious feet of clay.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print