Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
I will never understand our LAWS. (Read 1849 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

I will never understand our LAWS.
May 18th, 2020 at 11:42am

[urlhttps://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/dressed-to-kill-serial-killer-cowboy-took-selfie-wearing-victims-dress/news-story/23995b123fd371f77defef9fc2c9863e][/url]

Serial killer Reginald Arthurell took photos of himself wearing the clothing of a woman he later murdered, it can be revealed.

The Daily Telegraph has obtained a photo of the now 73-year-old wearing a dress owned by Venet Raylee Mulhall who he later bashed to death in her NSW country home in 1995.

On Thursday this week Arthurell, who has admitted to killing three people and is the suspect in other murders, faces the NSW State Parole Authority seeking release into the community.

Ms Mulhill’s brother, Paul Quinn, found the negative among his sister’s possessions after her murder.

I had it developed and realised he was wearing a dress that my wife and I had bought Venet for Christmas,’’ he said yesterday.

“It made me realise the depravity of this man and what he must have made my sister endure.”

The State Parole Authority has told Mr Quinn they intend to grant Arthurell parole, which he is vehemently opposed to.

“I will be there this week and tell them how evil this man is. My sister, a Christian woman, started writing to him when he was in prison for killing a young man and his stepfather.

“He was released on parole into her care and what did he do. Kill her. This man has not reformed and cannot be allowed out.’’

A former rodeo worker, Arthurell called himself Tex and fancied himself as a cowboy.

The SPA said that by releasing him a year earlier than when his sentence expires on May 21 next year, they can place extreme parole and monitoring conditions on Arthurell.

In 1974 he stabbed his stepfather Thomas Thorton to death in Sydney but avoided arrest for seven years drifting around Australia until he was caught in Darwin in 1981 for the brutal bashing death of a young sailer, Ross Browning. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter for both killings.

While corresponding with Venet Mulhall, Arthurell told prison authorities he had found God and was baptised in Darwin Prison.

In 1991, having served 23 months for the Browning murder, he was released into the care of Venet Mulhall who had become engaged to the killer.

In February 1995 Mr Quinn found the body of his sister, 54, in her Coonabarabran home. A witness said she saw Venet leaving the house before her body was found but it was later discovered he had dressed in her clothes and stole her car. In 1997 Arthurell was sentenced to a maximum 27 years, with a minimum of 18 years, for her murder.

Paul Quinn has written a book about his sister and his fight to keep Arthurell in jail. Titled In the Hands of Evil, the book is now available as an e-book on Amazon.com.

he stabs someone to death..and then bashes another to death.. but is allowed to plead guilty to MANSLAUGHTER....now he is being given an early mark after bashing a women who took him in to death...

Angry Angry Angry

does this make any sense to anyone???...

we almost reward these bastards...

an early mark.. he gets to spend his last years FREE......

lets pretend those 3 he murdered  never existed.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I will never understand our LAWS.
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2020 at 5:17pm

A record number of dangerous ex-cons, including killers and paedophiles, are being monitored in the community under tough court ­orders imposed as a last ­resort after soft-sentencing judges let the public down.

There are now 127 offenders freed under extended supervision orders (ESOs) compared to 56 five years ago.

Victims advocate Howard Brown said some judges had been unwilling to hand down tough sentences after life meant life following the Truth in Sentencing laws in 1989, and would not put cases in the “worst possible” ­category

Now the government and the courts are having to pick up the pieces as serious offenders such as Samantha Knight’s killer Michael Guider and sick paedophile Brian Alan Bowdidge have completed their sentences, while others including triple killer Reginald Arthurell and Lubje Velevski, who slit the throats of his wife and three daughters, come up for automatic release.

There has been a lack of capacity of some of the judges to accept that here are some people in the world who are just pure evil,” Mr Brown said.

He said he could not believe how Arthurell, 72, who had been convicted of killing twice before murdering the elderly Christian fiancee who helped him get freedom, and monster father Velevski, 55, were not jailed for life.

“How could you not give someone a life sentence for slashing the throats of his wife and children?” he said yesterday.

Like Guider, Velevski has consistently refused to apply for parole, believing he will walk free without any supervision when his sentence ends in two years.

The State of NSW is expected to apply for either a continuing detention order — to keep him locked up as he has refused to take any programs behind bars to address his violence — or an ESO.

So-called party rapist Simon Monteiro, 53, is waiting to see if he will be the latest ex-prisoner to be made subject to an ESO after a judge last month imposed an interim supervision order when his parole ran out on April 7.

The Supreme Court heard he had breached parole several times since his release in February 2018 by secretly trying to meet women and not reporting his movements to parole authorities.

Monteiro was jailed for 12 years and three months for a 2008 attack on his girlfriend, whose home he trashed after she went to police. He had raped her and threatened her with an iron bar.

The State of NSW has ­applied for an ESP as a matter of urgency

Attorney-General Mark Speakman has also flagged applying for an ESO to protect the public from Arthurell if needed.

Mr Brown said it would be at least 15 years before the number of ESOs required would drop.

“It will take at least that long to keep up with the latest sentencing trends because it is only in the last few years we have seen some significant increase in higher penalties,” he said.

Mr Brown said the life sentence imposed on the former bush fugitive Malcolm Naden in 2013 for the murders of two young women, Kristy Scholes and Lateesha Nolan was a turning point.

In February, predator Anthony Sampieri, 56, became the first person jailed for life in NSW for child rape.

CDOs and ESOs were introduced in 2006 for high-risk sex offenders but the numbers have soared in the past five years since they were extended to include violent offenders, including killers.

It is up to the State of NSW to apply for the orders to the Supreme Court.

Corrective Services NSW said that in 2015, 56 offenders were made subject of an ESO.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/unenviable-record-127-dangerous-excon...

we seem to reward badness

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2020 at 6:06pm

'I will never understand our LAWS'

It would make you believe that a cabal of career criminals, are the ones who are really in charge of the running of our criminal courts, wouldn't it cods ???

cabal = = a secret political clique or faction.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2020 at 6:59am

we make "deals" with the devil..

its wrong...we give the criminals  so much rope
yet the victims have almost none....

I dont call this JUSTICE.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2020 at 11:28am

You get what you vote for cods. If you vote for cowardly candidates who are going to do nothing about it, then you deserve what you get and have no reason to complain. Everything hinges on who gets in every three years. I would suggest you become a rebel and join those who, like myself and many others out there, want common sense put back into politics and life in general

When we can't distinguish violent murder from petty crime any longer, something is drastically wrong

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - May 20th, 2020 at 11:49am

Quote:
“How could you not give someone a life sentence for slashing the throats of his wife and children?” he said yesterday.

How could you not hang em and hang em high?
Bring back public hanging -
bring back justice.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2020 at 6:02pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 20th, 2020 at 11:28am:
You get what you vote for cods. If you vote for cowardly candidates who are going to do nothing about it, then you deserve what you get and have no reason to complain. Everything hinges on who gets in every three years. I would suggest you become a rebel and join those who, like myself and many others out there, want common sense put back into politics and life in general

When we can't distinguish violent murder from petty crime any longer, something is drastically wrong

I dont agree we dont elect judges   not yet anyway...

we do make the laws   but its up to the judges to administrate them  read the second link I put up.....

its all too hard to sentence someone to LIFE...which as you and I interpret LIFE  thats means leaving in a pine box...

but not to our court rooms...and we are not alone its the same in other countries.......LIFE means 20 years  which is a joke...and it doesnt matter how many lives they have taken....they get the same old hand out.....even better if they can swing a deal....not forgetting time off for good behavior...

all the while the victim is forgotten...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - May 20th, 2020 at 6:07pm

It's easy to get all judgmental cods when the burden of choosing someone's fate is not on your shoulders.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2020 at 6:15pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2020 at 6:07pm:
It's easy to get all judgmental cods when the burden of choosing someone's fate is not on your shoulders.

well did you read the links???

more and more evil men are walking the streets  because of weakness in our systems....

some have amazing records of violence  but it doesnt stop them being released time and again....

we know our BAIL laws fail...and so does a lot of parole  FAIl..

the trouble is fd someone usually ,loses a their life...thanks to  weakness.....Murder is Murder when you carry a knife or a gun....at least it should be.....yet they mark it down to manslaughter...to save a few dollars..

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - May 20th, 2020 at 7:21pm

Wolves need to be kept apart from the sheep in the meadow, if your objective is, for the sheep to live safely in the meadow.

There is no other way, to protect the sheep, from the wolves.

The 'sheep' are the peaceful, law-abiding citizens.

The 'wolves' are those who are not.

And generally, we know [we can identify] who the 'wolves' are.

IMO.....
Its just dumb [and goes against all real civility-among-men], to allow the wolves, to live among their prey.
...unless the consequence which the governing authority wants to achieve/permit, is persistent predation, upon the prey of the wolves.

Achieving a safe, peaceful society,    ...it isn't rocket science.

Remove the predators !

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1498519973/11#11
Quote:

Peace and safety within a society of men,      is worth more than the 'sanctity' of the lives of serious criminals cods,      imo.

Deuteronomy 19:19
.....so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

Deuteronomy 19:20
And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.

Deuteronomy 24:7
.....then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Punishment [and righteous revenge] of wrongdoing, is how a widespread PEACE within a society of men, is achieved.
....when wrongdoers, criminals, oppressors and wicked men, are brought to account, for their poor choices.

No ?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - May 20th, 2020 at 7:29pm

Yadda wrote on May 20th, 2020 at 7:21pm:

Wolves need to be kept apart from the sheep in the meadow.....

e.g.
Its dumb to keep predators and prey animals, in the same enclosure, in a zoo.

And in a zoo environment, they know not to do that.

Achieving safe enclosures within a zoo,    ...it isn't rocket science.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2020 at 7:47pm

tonight they are deciding whether to let the Childers Backpackers murderer  walk free soon... he killed 15 but has only done 20 years........

just over a year for each lost soul....

how we justify this I will never know.. Sad

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2020 at 5:48pm

cods wrote on May 20th, 2020 at 7:47pm:
tonight they are deciding whether to let the Childers Backpackers murderer  walk free soon... he killed 15 but has only done 20 years........

Hi Cods,
would you prefer a hanging?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2020 at 5:55pm

Bobby. wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 5:48pm:

Hi Cods,

NO bobs too quick.. I am a nasty piece of goods when I am angry...

I would like to see them suffer just a little bit more..

most out on parole are child abusers.....they make me sick.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2020 at 6:07pm

cods wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 5:55pm:

Hi Cods,

I just believe in getting rid of them.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - May 22nd, 2020 at 6:15pm

Bobby. wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 6:07pm:

Hi Cods,

sadly bobs we will never run short of more like them....

I wonder if being really evil is also a virus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2020 at 6:37pm

cods wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 6:15pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 22nd, 2020 at 6:07pm:

Hi Cods,

sadly bobs we will never run short of more like them....

I wonder if being really evil is also a virus.

Hi Cods,
We could always deprogram them as was shown in
the movie called "A Clockwork Orange".
Method:
It involved forcing a patient to watch, through the use of specula to hold the eyes open,
violent images for long periods,
while under the effect of a nausea-, paralysis-, and fear-inducing drugs.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2020 at 11:56am

trouble is you would have Human Rights on your back today..

not that I advocate that BUT!!!!... we are far too lenient with criminals...the fact the jury never hear about any previous!

yet if it was a case of rape  the jury would hear all about the victims past.....a bit of a double standard imo...

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - May 23rd, 2020 at 12:00pm

cods wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 11:56am:

not that I advocate that BUT!!!!... we are far too lenient with criminals...the fact the jury never hear about any previous!

yet if it was a case of rape  the jury would hear all about the victims past.....a bit of a double standard imo...

dear Cods,
What about the human rights of all the victims of crime?
That is what is forgotten.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 23rd, 2020 at 12:24pm

Bobby. wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 12:00pm:
cods wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 11:56am:

dear Cods,
What about the human rights of all the victims of crime?
That is what is forgotten.

exactly    we now favor the villains they even had a mental in a jail last week   because their drug supply had dried up... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

they do compensate some victims of crime with MONEY... thats our cure all you know?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2020 at 11:23pm

cods wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 12:24pm:
exactly    we now favor the villains they even had a mental in a jail last week   because their drug supply had dried up... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

they do compensate some victims of crime with MONEY... that's our cure all you know?

Just remember Cods that
when you hang a man, you better look at him:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 24th, 2020 at 7:46am

Bobby. wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 11:23pm:
cods wrote on May 23rd, 2020 at 12:24pm:

they do compensate some victims of crime with MONEY... that's our cure all you know?

Just remember Cods that
when you hang a man, you better look at him:

not sure what that means bobby?....I dont plan on killing anyone..

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - May 24th, 2020 at 11:01am

cods wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 7:46am:
not sure what that means bobby?....I don't plan on killing anyone..

dear Cods,
I think Freediver answered that for you:

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2020 at 6:07pm:
It's easy to get all judgmental cods when the burden of choosing someone's fate
is not on your shoulders.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print