Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
CO2 levels during coronavirus (Read 2314 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: CO2 levels during coronavirus
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2020 at 2:36pm

Will need twice as much forestry, jungles, rainforests and Kelp to 'scrub' clean the CO2, than what we previously had before the Industrial Revolution... and far less the global Population.

Much like a Rebreather scrubs clean the CO2 to make the air reusable.

The atmosphere is 'thinning' too btw.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2020 at 2:49pm

Captain Nemo wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 2:05pm:
The ice-core data does NOT show CO2 atmospheric concentration being above 300 PPM going back 800,000 years.

That's only in the Antarctic Ice Cores petal.

For Greenland Ice Core (GRIP) -

"CO2  record  between  40  and  8 kyr  B.P.  from  the
Greenland  Ice  Core  Project  ice core "

" We present CO2 measurements performed on an ice core from central Greenland, drilled during the Greenland Ice Core Project (GRIP). This CO2 profile from GRIP confirms the most prominent CO2 increase from the LGM,  with a mean concentration of 200 ppmv, to the early Holocene with concentrations between 290 and 310 ppmv. Some structures of the new CO2 record are similar to those previously obtained from the Dye 3 ice core (Greenland), which indicated a dilemma between Greenland and Antarctic CO2 records [Oeschger et al., 1988]. Both Greenland cores show high CO2 values for rather mild climatic periods during the last glaciation, whereas CO2 records from Antarctica do not show such high CO2 variations during the glaciation and, furthermore, the CO2 values in the early Holocene are about 20-30 ppmv higher in the GRIP  record than  in  Antarctic  records.  There  is  some  evidence  that  the  difference  could  be due to chemical reactions between impurities in the ice leading to an increase of the CO2 concentration under certain conditions. If in situ processes can change the CO2 concentration in the air  bubbles, the question arises about how reliably do CO2 records from ice cores reflect the atmospheric composition at the time of ice formation."

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1029/97JC00182

I believe between 8K and 40K years is shorter than 800K years. Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2020 at 2:51pm

Jasin wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 2:36pm:
Will need twice as much forestry, jungles, rainforests and Kelp to 'scrub' clean the CO2, than what we previously had before the Industrial Revolution... and far less the global Population.

So how does Kelp help when the oceans are already outgassing CO2? Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:01pm

lee wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 2:51pm:
Jasin wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 2:36pm:

So how does Kelp help when the oceans are already outgassing CO2? Wink

Well they're not really these days as Kelp have, like Forests, etc - been decimated. Tasmanian Bull kelp is almost gone in just a few decades.
Aquatic plants and species produce more oxygen - than land plants.
80% less oxygen production by planet.
80% increase in CO2 production by humans.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #19 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:09pm

We have not only increased the toxicity of the atmosphere, depleted the ozone levels, but we have almost removed all that scrubs the CO2 from our air.

IP Logged

Robot

Conspirator

Engadine Maccas
Reply #20 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:34pm

lee wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 2:10pm:
Robot wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 12:12pm:
All we have to do is survive on a hothouse Earth for a few millennia while that carbon gets buried again.

What temperatures is this supposed hothouse earth? Especially given temperature increase decreases as CO2 increases logarithmically.

You'll need:
- a number for CO2 concentration (Ajax says 7000ppm)
- a number for climate sensitivity
- a calculator

Have fun! Let us know what you come up with!

Given we had "global cooling" from the fifties to the seventies at a time of increasing CO2 - how do you explain that? The "climate scientists seance-tists" tell us natural variation can't be the reason, because it can't be the reason now.

"I don't believe scientific evidence but provide me with answers based on scientific evidence."

Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:42pm

Learn about our star:

Surprising Discovery Suggests Our Sun Is Very Unique Compared to Similar Stars

May 11, 2020

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:43pm

Robot wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:34pm:
You'll need:
- a calculator

It's your claim for a hothouse earth you do the maths.

lee wrote Today at 12:10pm:
Given we had "global cooling" from the fifties to the seventies at a time of increasing CO2 - how do you explain that? The "climate scientists seance-tists" tell us natural variation can't be the reason, because it can't be the reason now.

"I don't believe scientific evidence but provide me with answers based on scientific evidence."

Poor petal. That's what they say. But logic says both states can't be right. But then logic is not your strong point. Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:44pm

All we have to do is survive on a hothouse Earth for a few millennia while that carbon gets buried again.

What temperatures is this supposed hothouse earth? Especially given temperature increase decreases as CO2 increases logarithmically.

You'll need:
- a calculator

Grin

Cool Cool

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:47pm

Jasin wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:09pm:
We have not only increased the toxicity of the atmosphere, depleted the ozone levels, but we have almost removed all that scrubs the CO2 from our air.

Increased toxicity? Perhaps you can explain a longer life expectancy on the back of this increased toxicity.

Do you have any long term (100 Year) ozone figures for us? Just for comparison.

Re CO2 scrubbers - so you disbelieve the greening of the planet shown by satellites? Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:51pm

Jasin wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:44pm:

You'll need:
- a calculator

Grin

Cool Cool

poor petal. Jasin doesn't understand that "CO2  record  between  40  and  8 kyr  B.P.  from  the Greenland  Ice  Core  Project  ice core - is science and so gets horribly confused. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:51pm

Not only above 400 PPM atmospheric CO2 concentration following the industrial revolution, but the spike happening about 1,000 times faster than ice-core data indicates about previous increases of a natural type.  Shocked

Is this natural or Human induced?

Anyone?

Anyone?

It is Human induced.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 17th, 2020 at 3:59pm

Captain Nemo wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:51pm:
Not only above 400 PPM atmospheric CO2 concentration following the industrial revolution, but the spike happening about 1,000 times faster than ice-core data indicates about previous increases of a natural type.

Reference? Don't forget smoothing of the data. Also there are other measurements that indicate CO2 was higher. E.g Plant stomata data, and also chemists have measured CO2 for many years.

Seeing as we are not seeing any reduction in CO2 levels currently, due to COVID 19 shutdowns, can you categorically state that the "climate seance-tists" know the actual numbers of human vs Natural emissions? Wink

BTW - Where have I said humans have not contributed to increased CO2. The devil is always in the detail petal.

IP Logged

Robot

Conspirator

Engadine Maccas
Reply #28 - May 17th, 2020 at 4:01pm

lee wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:43pm:
You'll need:
- a calculator

It's your claim for a hothouse earth you do the maths.

"It's too hard. You do it."  Cheesy

lee wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:43pm:
lee wrote Today at 12:10pm:

Poor petal. That's what they say. But logic says both states can't be right. But then logic is not your strong point. Wink

You're claiming that human activity can't cause the climate to cool while CO2 levels are increasing? Cheesy

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - May 17th, 2020 at 4:02pm

lee wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:59pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on May 17th, 2020 at 3:51pm:
Not only above 400 PPM atmospheric CO2 concentration following the industrial revolution, but the spike happening about 1,000 times faster than ice-core data indicates about previous increases of a natural type.

Reference? Don't forget smoothing of the data. Also there are other measurements that indicate CO2 was higher. E.g Plant stomata data, and also chemists have measured CO2 for many years.

Seeing as we are not seeing any reduction in CO2 levels currently, due to COVID 19 shutdowns, can you categorically state that the "climate seance-tists" know the actual numbers of human vs Natural emissions? Wink

BTW - Where have I said humans have not contributed to increased CO2. The devil is always in the detail petal.

References?

Refer to the video and associated references.

"Enjoy"  Wink

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print