Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Every young guy, would love to have the 'manner' (Read 1123 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Every young guy, would love to have the 'manner'
Reply #15 - May 18th, 2020 at 7:22pm

Yadda,

James Bond is such a dated stereotype of a spy that I cannot see a James Bond movie without looking at James Bond and imagining him wearing an "I am a spy" t-shirt. Jason Bourne is more of a spy than most other spy characters I have seen in movies.

As for the suaveness of James Bond, I figure any woman out there with any sense of decency and dignity would probably see James Bond as trying too hard to get in their underwear. Bond would be the type of guy I would shoot dead, if he had a go at my daughter.

Someone with skill in various technical specialities, a good general knowledge, and modest and kind would be the type of guy that I would allow date my daughter.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #16 - May 18th, 2020 at 7:32pm

Dads and daughters are different , dads being yesterday lads .
The worst aggro prisoners sometimes get female followers who want the top dog not new age smoothies .

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2020 at 7:42pm

Valkie wrote on May 18th, 2020 at 7:21pm:
I have always wanted to be an assassin.

My idea of the perfect job.

Good pay and you get to take out worthless individuals.

Ahhhhhhhh, that's the life.

the Vietnamese of Cabramatta have a pocket for the Vietnamese and a pocket for the Whiteys when they sell their drugs on the streets. Whiteys don't wake up in the morning.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2020 at 8:50pm

Suffering is caused by what your want exceeding what you can get.   It can be anything from material wealth, to emotional love to conquest and power. 

I rather live a life as an ordinary individual, surrounded by people I love, even if having very little.  Life as a princess, a queen, is a way of life.  Life as a commoner, a peasant is a way of life.   And so, millions of way of life in the world.  There is no right or wrong.  The most important thing is that we be true to ourselves, and be kind to each other.  Princess or peasant, it matters very little.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #19 - May 18th, 2020 at 9:29pm

Valkie wrote on May 18th, 2020 at 7:21pm:

I have always wanted to be an assassin.

My idea of the perfect job.

Good pay and you get to take out worthless individuals.

Ahhhhhhhh, that's the life.

Valkie,
I think that is an 'idealised' view of the 'life' of an assassin.

It would be a very dangerous [unhealthy] milieu to 'swim in', imo.

Q.
Who would choose to constantly 'keep company', with those who you know are 'cut throats' ?

Not me.

milieu = = a person’s social environment.

« Last Edit: May 19th, 2020 at 4:45am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - May 19th, 2020 at 1:23am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 18th, 2020 at 7:22pm:
Yadda,

James Bond is such a dated stereotype of a spy that I cannot see a James Bond movie without looking at James Bond and imagining him wearing an "I am a spy" t-shirt. Jason Bourne is more of a spy than most other spy characters I have seen in movies.

As for the suaveness of James Bond, I figure any woman out there with any sense of decency and dignity would probably see James Bond as trying too hard to get in their underwear. Bond would be the type of guy I would shoot dead, if he had a go at my daughter.

Someone with skill in various technical specialities, a good general knowledge, and modest and kind would be the type of guy that I would allow date my daughter.

You would never believe the genuine spies.. balding, bad teeth, BO, probably a criminal record....fat, ugly, non-descript....

James Bond would be the schill to draw attention away from the real ones....

Fleming was obviously a drunk and pissed off at never having actually been at the front despite being in SOE.

Downe at Ye Olde Gestapo HQ:-

"Well, Sturmfuhrer von Frightenburg... perhaps we could play a game of cards to see which of us will talk..... I prefer my martinis shaken and NOT stirred... you?"

"We haff vays off meking you TALK, Herr Bond!"

"Extraordinary - shall I cut the cards then?....... AAAAH... I say, that's not sporting.. not the old electrodes to the scrotum trick... Herr Blowfeld was much more subtle.... AAAAAAH!"

"AAAAAAAAAAH!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print