Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Australia not blameless in China trade war (Read 1234 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia not blameless in China trade war
Reply #15 - May 14th, 2020 at 2:38pm

aquascoot wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 2:34pm:
John Smith wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 12:42pm:
aquascoot wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 12:40pm:
cods think aussies will buy simpson washing machines for $1000 dollars when they can buy a Hisense for $300.

I would never buy Hisense

Tell cods what Aussie brand she should buy  Wink

There are none now. Westinghouse  (Electrolux) was the last.
I'd go for something made in Europe if it was up to me.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 14th, 2020 at 5:34pm

aquascoot wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 2:34pm:
John Smith wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 12:42pm:
aquascoot wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 12:40pm:
cods think aussies will buy simpson washing machines for $1000 dollars when they can buy a Hisense for $300.

I would never buy Hisense

Tell cods what Aussie brand she should buy  Wink

I dont need anyone to tell me that    all I know is..

what we dont make in this country.....which we did make just a few short years ago..

but we will come good... I just hope we find better markets to buy from the China....I seriously do not like anything with Made in China on it....its always cheap and nasty   I will leave it for you to rave about aqua.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:10pm

Did-ums...... Australia wasn't blameless over the Japanese attacks on Darwin, either...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:18pm

I didn't notice the price of steel or any other product now enmeshed in the 'global economy' coming down following the closure of Australian mills... oh, look - they all went up instantly!

I know - I was building the mansion at the time and the price of everything useful - timber etc - went up about 25-30% instantly... while down the road at Eden the wood chip mill was grinding fine hardwoods into mush to export in bulk to China etc for processing so we could buy falcon chipboard which falls apart after two drops of rain.  The timber mills at Bombala and Tumut closed down and the price of lining board went up 20%+ instantly, the timber mill at Eden itself was on a death sentence of about 2-3 years, while people were thrown on the dole and country towns continued to die.

No wonder the government is perpetually broke, what with privatisation of assets, robotisation** and so forth all causing rising costs and lower employment.

Now what kind of god damned More-on would sign up to a deal like that?

** Maybe the Robber Barons Past could get away with dumping staff and replacing them with machines - they didn't have to pay taxes to support those without work (not that the modern ones pay much anyway, but still) ... but this is 2020... and somebody has to pay the piper.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:19pm

lee wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 1:05pm:
Victor Sunny wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 9:27am:
For steel pipes imported from China those tariffs are currently as high as 144 per cent.

Not according to Customs Chapter 73.

https://www.abf.gov.au/importing-exporting-and-manufacturing/tariff-classificati...

Nice to have a member of the CCP posting bullshit here.

EX6YR8ZXsAEn7RZ.jpg (69 KB | 15 )
EX6YR8ZXsAEn7RZ.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:21pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
For steel pipes imported from China those tariffs are currently as high as 144 per cent.

https://www.abf.gov.au/importing-exporting-and-manufacturing/tariff-classificati...

Ha-ha - Victa Su Ni - cunning yes?

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:23pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:18pm:
I didn't notice the price of steel or any other product now enmeshed in the 'global economy' coming down following the closure of Australian mills...

manufacturers moved overseas but kept their prices stable. It was all about increasing profits. Nothing to do with trying to save you money

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:33pm

To be fair it was a piece put out by the Fin Review. Once Fairfax but now the new merged Nine/Fairfax Media known as Nine.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:37pm

John Smith wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:23pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:18pm:
I didn't notice the price of steel or any other product now enmeshed in the 'global economy' coming down following the closure of Australian mills...

manufacturers moved overseas but kept their prices stable. It was all about increasing profits. Nothing to do with trying to save you money

We all know that - but my point is that we were sold the 'global economy' as a benefit from lower prices for the SAME quality of product.  It is nothing of the sort.

Sure - I can buy a set of drill bits made in Chindia - they last me a few times - if I want real tools I pay much more for them.

In the case of timber - the manufacturers didn't move - the market was simply taken by manufacturers already operating in New Zealand and South America, and the prices all went up.  BHP continued to operate, but the price of steel roofing, for example went up... and a lot more was imported.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:39pm

lee wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:33pm:

To be fair it was a piece put out by the Fin Review. Once Fairfax but now the new merged Nine/Fairfax Media known as Nine.

VS has been pro CCP in all his posts.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:42pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:37pm:
We all know that - but my point is that we were sold the 'global economy' as a benefit from lower prices for the SAME quality of product.  It is nothing of the sort.

It was a rort.

Baronvonrort wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:39pm:

I suspect he's chinese

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 14th, 2020 at 7:44pm

John Smith wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:42pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:37pm:

It was a rort.

Baronvonrort wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 7:39pm:

I suspect he's chinese

Sounds rike it!   Cool

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print