Road Rage Kills.. (Read 629 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Road Rage Kills..
Reply #15 - May 13th, 2020 at 4:22pm

Gordon wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 7:13pm:
I reckon people should be able to carry police issued dash cams, maybe JPs or a similar thing where you take an oath and when an incident occurs police can act on the footage.

It's stupid driving that causes accidents.

Additionally, heavy vehicles should have a GPS that logs speed and regularly uploads it's telemetry. 

Yes - all that, plus I'd like to see car cameras that show you speed etc and speed of others... like the fuzz ones.

That section there, from the photos, is still under construction, and the speed limit was probably 80 - truckies hate doing 100 when they can do 105, and they sure hate doing 80 as signed, knowing that there are few cops around at any given time - so they try to 'push' other vehicles along to go faster.  Their mates CBing about cops doesn't help, either, since they are encouraged to go for it when their mates tell them it's clear.

Again - it is not remotely funny 'pushing' another vehicle with a 40 tonne monster that can't stop fast... it terrifies and terrorises other drivers who are probably doing the right thing, and should be reported and charges laid such as 'reckless endangerment' and 'intimidating driving' - and the fines should be double if you are in a vehicle over a certain size.

You get the same here in the 50 zones and even the 40 zones for schools - I'm thinking of getting a sign for my back window - "If you don't like my doing the speed limit - Get Off The Roads!"  Undecided

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Road Rage Kills..
Reply #16 - May 13th, 2020 at 4:31pm

Gordon wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 3:05pm:
Check this out. The two vehicles on the right need to have their diving privileges revoked. The truck on the left needs a kick in the head as he could have backed off and diffused the situation.

https://www.facebook.com/abcinsydney/videos/1026065654525796/

Defused.... a classic - the tradie, the truckie and the pissballer holding down the right lane.  Plenty of deliberate swerving to block the other guy there.. but he shouldn't have been trying to use the emergency lane to pass anyway..  everyone knows that tradie utes are the fastest on the road, and that extra one minute at the next job is life-important, that every pissballer in a two tonner thinks he's King Of The Road and a TRUCKIE butch and strong (usually fat and soft), while every truck driver doesn't consider it HIS duty to slow down for safety reasons - it won't hurt him if they puck up.. he'll come out of it all right, and besides, it might cost him a minute on his run....  Roll Eyes

Only time I've seen different is when a truckie does his damnedest to avoid a smash into a car, and ends up harming himself... some of them are good like that and know how to drive.  the guy at Wootton turnoff who went into the trees did his damnedest to avoid the sheila turning right across him in a 100 zone with kids onboard.. could've killed himself trying to avoid her when he could've just hit the skids and gone straight ahead.  At least he tried...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print