Send Topic Print
Road Rage Kills.. (Read 628 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Road Rage Kills..
May 12th, 2020 at 6:06pm

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/two-men-killed-after-road-rage-fig...

"Two men killed after road rage fight spills onto highway at Woodburn

The drivers of a truck and a SUV have been killed after being hit by a B-double while fighting in the middle of a highway lane.

Emergency services were called to the Pacific Highway about 5km south of Woodburn about 8.10pm last night with reports of a crash involving two male pedestrians and a B-double truck.

Richmond Police’s Chief Inspector warned drivers not to take tailgating incidents into their own hands this morning and to “pull over” when talking about the incident on radio this morning.

“If you think a vehicle is tailgating you, just pull over and contact police,” Chief Inspector McKenna told ABC North Coast today.

The men, a truck driver and an SUV driver, had suffered critical injuries and died at the scene, NSW Police said in a statement. Police are still working to formally identify the two men."

Well, as I like to say - always bring a B-double to a fist fight..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Road Rage Kills..
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:09pm

especially when you pick a fight with a b double

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:17pm

That stretch is a shocker and every time I travel it there's some cowboy trucker intimidating cars.

Last time there was a truck sitting right up the clacker of cars flashing his lights. Every overtaking lane he'd commence the move even before the lane started, so going over double lines. I even saw him try to use a right turn lane to overtake, not make it then pull in on the car and force it off the road.

I actually called the Woodburn police station and they said thanks and hung up, more interested in pinging cars in a section where it changes from 100 to 80.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:35pm

This country needs to go into Lock Down.
Now!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:39pm

Gordon wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 6:17pm:
That stretch is a shocker and every time I travel it there's some cowboy trucker intimidating cars.

Last time there was a truck sitting right up the clacker of cars flashing his lights. Every overtaking lane he'd commence the move even before the lane started, so going over double lines. I even saw him try to use a right turn lane to overtake, not make it then pull in on the car and force it off the road.

I actually called the Woodburn police station and they said thanks and hung up, more interested in pinging cars in a section where it changes from 100 to 80.

trusk have had the road to themselves for a few weeks now  maybe its time the cops pulled them over.....have you ever seen the cops pull over a truck?? I know I havent....

lucky me I am not on the roads as much these days....but the size of these things means they need a ,lot of space to stop...this brings back the 4 police being mowed down....its hideous shame on us for not pulling these cowboys into line......it isnt always the truck drovers fault.. but as you say gordy....some think they have special rights on the road and its bloody terrifying...

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:44pm

I have on video from a few years ago, whilst travelling up to Qld through NSW, a road rage that happened between 2 vehicles right in front of us!
We pulled into a service station and those 2 cars were there, I took more video as one gets out of car with a huge spanner.
Hubby went into service station to alert them what was happening.
It seems that the other guy in car with no weapon talked to calm the other one down.
The attendant came out to see them and all that aggro dissipated, thank goodness.
I never had a mobile phone then that took video.
So where the heck that video is I might find one day and plant it in here!

Scary actually.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:46pm

Gordon wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 6:17pm:

The idea is to film it with a phone or tablet and call 000.  Something needs to be done to put these 40 tonne time bombs either behaving or off the road, and whittling down the cowboys is the first step.

Maybe more cameras.. I dunno - wouldn't affect me in any way since I cruise control at the posted limit always despite the ire of clowns following.  I also reckon it should be zero tolerance on truck speeds etc.  It's a pain to travel a 100kph zone and have truck overtaking and pulling in and then not being able to make 110 later up the road, though, as I said - I had one pacing me at 115kph down a hill when I sought to get away from him when the road was 100 and about to change to 110... only the coming hill slowed the bastard back at all..

A police response would include intimidating driving... a hefty fine and suspension.  Twisted little minds that get some strange pleasure out of terrifying car drivers with a 40 tonne monster, and terrorising older drivers and older women - who could have a heart attack.

The truck driver was a near local.... he won't tail-gate no more..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - May 12th, 2020 at 7:13pm

I reckon people should be able to carry police issued dash cams, maybe JPs or a similar thing where you take an oath and when an incident occurs police can act on the footage.

It's stupid driving that causes accidents.

Additionally, heavy vehicles should have a GPS that logs speed and regularly uploads it's telemetry.

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 12th, 2020 at 7:35pm

Not good. Be interesting to see how it all unfolded.

Not saying it's what's happened but I find it a lot when I drag my boat around QLD and NSW. 
On the hwy behind a person doing 90kph max.
All good...chill out till I get to the overtaking lane, however on approach to the overtaking lane the 90kph driver decides it's time to plant the foot down and take off over 110kph.
All good...they should pull away and won't be a bother again.
Oh no...these fkkkwits decide to slow back to 90 when the single lane starts again. 
I give them three strikes...3rd time it's on. Im happy to give the pricks an earful. They can get rooted afaiac. They should not be on the road if they drive erratically around vehicles towing or heavy vehicles.

You got to remember..a truck is limited to 100kph...you may get 105 out of some.
If you're dealing with a wanker speeding up and slowing down all the time then shyte will eventually hit the fan. That's why hwys should be 110kph.
Cars do not create hazards for trucks on the m1 south from Brisbane to gold coast.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - May 12th, 2020 at 7:39pm

I went through the Domain tunnel under Melbourne today -
there was a giant semi trailer - tail gating a car -
going about 75 km/hr -
with only about 2 meters between them.

Almost every time I go through that tunnel I see the same thing.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 12th, 2020 at 7:43pm

Bobby. wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 7:39pm:
going about 75 km/hr -

Yeah not good when tailgating in a heavy vehicle.
What is the posted speed and what lane was this in?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - May 12th, 2020 at 7:45pm

Captain Caveman wrote on May 12th, 2020 at 7:43pm:
going about 75 km/hr -

Yeah not good when tailgating in a heavy vehicle.
What is the posted speed and what lane was this in?

Right lane - heavy traffic - speed limit 80 km/hr.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #12 - May 13th, 2020 at 6:00am

Perhaps it's just natural selection in progress.

If you are stupid enough to start a fight, on the road, with huge trucks driving around you.

Perhaps, it's not the truck at fault.

Perhaps natural selection is simply getting rid of idiots.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 13th, 2020 at 11:56am

going about 75 km/hr -

I would be sick they scare the hell out of me......

what I used to do when much younger.....was to drive slower...not faster   dont brake   just slow down until they pass you......today I would give them the big finger as they go past....but back then   I thought, thank god for that!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - May 13th, 2020 at 3:05pm

Check this out. The two vehicles on the right need to have their diving privileges revoked. The truck on the left needs a kick in the head as he could have backed off and diffused the situation.

https://www.facebook.com/abcinsydney/videos/1026065654525796/

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print