Happy Mother's day (Read 1674 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Happy Mother's day
Reply #30 - May 15th, 2020 at 4:52pm

cods wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 9:56am:
hammer you dont mock people at their lowest point and it seems to me this dad is right there....unsub has a problem

I don't have "a problem". I have a problem with someone who has "the problem".

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #31 - May 15th, 2020 at 4:54pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 7:56am:
Get  everyone to wear the same underpants for a month. Have a stink off. Everytime your Dad complains about the bad funk stripe, complain about the Stilton.

I doubt that making things worse will make things overall better in time. I will just do what my sister said to get me to lose weight in my late teens: Acknowledge the problem and shame them for it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 15th, 2020 at 5:37pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 3:30pm:
cods wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 5:31am:
ouch! that doesnt sound good..smellie feet  awful...is he on medication?...he sounds depressed and when you get down to a certain level   it is almost impossible to get yourself up again....has your mum spoken to their doctor about him?...you can only guess whats said about him behind his back...I think its more than stubborness..if he is arrogant he  shouldnt be happy about that....

mate because he doesnt care   doesnt mean you have to be the same....seek advice and work with your mum she is probably very down as well...   its tough and its affecting you ,,, not good.

I have taken to wearing vaporub on my feet whenever I go around to my old folks' place. But, it is like showing a commercial for hair care products. My father is a bit of a drunk. Former smoker and all-around redneck/bogan. It has been a difficult upbringing. Some people consider him a bit of a narcissist. He just does not realise that he is not as well-liked as people consider him.

Dad is on medication for diabetes. He thinks that I am about the same as him in terms of diabetes. But, my doctor recently told me my blood sugars are really good. That in spite of having had a lot of alcohol of recent months.

Mum is fairly submissive around Dad. She earns and has earned more than Dad because she works in a white-collar job. But, she does not seem to be pushing Dad to get his hygiene up to speed.

sorry but that bloody hilarious....

does this sound mean?  because I dont mean it to be  but have your ever watched..

Keeping up Appearances.   an English show that isnt on any more mores the pity  I loved it.. but here is some bloopers from the show which was hilarious.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6phrbi

maybe you can see your mum and dad in Onslow and Daisy..

they were the English version of bogans.... Grin Grin

but really sweet....maybe you would see mum and dad in a different light...

UnSubRocky wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 4:52pm:
cods wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 9:56am:
hammer you dont mock people at their lowest point and it seems to me this dad is right there....unsub has a problem

I don't have "a problem". I have a problem with someone who has "the problem".

sorry my words never come out right.. I meant the problem you have is with your dad... if you cant take a girl friend home its pretty sad....

I didnt mean to offend you unsub....
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2020 at 5:49pm by cods »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 15th, 2020 at 6:43pm

Rocky, you posted that your Dad is a narcissist. Narcissists are usually AT LEAST, of average intelligence. They're might be some point to the offense.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 15th, 2020 at 6:51pm

Sophia wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 12:22pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 4:37pm:
I haven't bought Mum a present yet. I've been avoiding the shops lately (for some reason). I did make breakfast  and dinner. Dinner was silverside with steamed cabbage and beans. I also steamed sprouts and fried them off with bacon and apple cidar vinegar. I mixed the mash and the white sauce. I should go on freakin' Masterchef.

Well I’m duly impressed 😁
A male that cooks a nice nutritional meal from scratch, and one of the very few people in the world that likes brussel sprouts 👍
I was beginning to think only moiye that liked them!

They"re definitely in my top ten favourite foods.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #35 - May 17th, 2020 at 1:15am

Mr Hammer wrote on May 15th, 2020 at 6:43pm:
Rocky, you posted that your Dad is a narcissist. Narcissists are usually AT LEAST, of average intelligence. They're might be some point to the offense.

Dad is smart. But he is so far behind the times. Perhaps "narcissist" is not the proper word to describe him. Dad is so arrogant that I doubt that there is anything that we can do about him.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print