Send Topic Print
CBA debit card (Read 1364 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

CBA debit card
May 9th, 2020 at 2:44pm

I have one.

I chose to have it so that when I want to make a purchase, I will bung money in to meet the purchase.  Otherwise, I keep it at a bare minimum....for the very reason of avoiding what follows.

So, yesterday, I put some money in to pay for my golf round this morning.

This morning, go to the Pro Shop, pay for the round on the card....denied.  Club has a no cash policy atm, but, I handed over cash, and it was obviously accepted.

Get home from Golf and have a look at the card account on netbank to see why and what happened.

Some prick in Ireland grabbed about $50.00 for some 'manual.'  Huh?  Nah.

So, I ring Netbank saying I had not authorised that, and was told they could not reverse the transaction without freezing that card blah blah, and they would send me a new card, one I would get in about 10 days.

Nah.

I use that card daily for just general buys, like VB, red wine or milk or whatever we need.

So, the next offer was that I could keep using the existing card, and they will send me a new one.  Until.....what follows...the existing card would still work.

When the new card arrives, I have to go to the Bank, get it activated, and that will automatically cancel, the existing card.

WTF could they not simply cancel that 'pending' transaction to some arsehole in Ireland?

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: CBA debit card
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:55pm

My son had the same issue!

His were from some prick in USA

Started off with small amounts that were not noticed until he had a similar incident to you.

Went for a new card, when the bank went back through his account found lots more anyway bank refunded it!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

billy the kid

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2020 at 3:02pm

Your banks are letting you down badly.
You should be able to complete a "Disputed Transaction Claim" form, lodge it with the bank and their Fraud Outfit investigate
the transaction. Most of the time they will find in your favour
and reverse the transaction. As to when you get a new card...banks are notoriously slow in that area.....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2020 at 3:39pm

billy the kid wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 3:02pm:
You should be able to complete a "Disputed Transaction Claim" form, lodge it with the bank and their Fraud Outfit investigate
and reverse the transaction. As to when you get a new card...banks are notoriously slow in that area.....

And that is the far king point.  Their slow process means I can't go about my usual daily activity unless I allow that Irish prick a chance to keep pillaging.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2020 at 3:52pm

My son had a debit card, for little transactions needed when away, or for online stuff on eBay occasionally etc. in fact he hardly ever used it.
Was on honeymoon and his card was empty and he knew he had money in his account. $1500 in baby bunting in Oz while he was in Bali.
He got his money back, cancelled the debit card and didn’t want another one since.
And my credit card was compromised a few times, bank cancelling it while I had no card and had to wait for new one and reactivate it.

The banks never follow up to let us know about investigations and if they traced who did it etc

I’m thinking, best way to use card for purchases is via Pay Pal so none see you card details.
And when it is used anywhere, always get the receipt so you match it with card statement.
It’s snnoying when I’m asked if I want the receipt!
Of course I do  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2020 at 3:57pm

Aussie wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 3:39pm:
billy the kid wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 3:02pm:

And that is the far king point.  Their slow process means I can't go about my usual daily activity unless I allow that Irish prick a chance to keep pillaging.

And it will be slower still, because of c-virus had somehow slown down postage.
My daughter sent me a Easter card a week before Easter.
I received it 10 days later!
And, I have been waiting for 2 parcels for nearly 2 weeks!
Just got them, now, Saturday afternoon!
Madness.
So if you can, tell your bank to send your card via express please.

IP Logged

billy the kid

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2020 at 4:06pm

I hate banks....
Try to withdraw some of your own cash and you are treated
like a criminal....and yes Aussie...they are so far king slow....
You would think in this day and age you should be able to dispute the transaction and continue to use the card whilst the bank places a ban on any transaction from overseas etc
A similar thing occurred to me. My bank investigated the fraud which voided the transaction and permitted me to use the current card on the proviso I allowed them to ring me for seven days to confirm any transaction during that period was in fact made by me....
From memory my new card arrived in a week or so and I rang them to cancel my old one....
There are Banks and there are Banks...

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2020 at 4:14pm

The other “slow” bank gripe I have, bank cheques.

A person withdraws funds from their account, to make a bank cheque payable to whomever.
Pays $15 for cheque.
Funds gone from account.
But..... the receiver had to wait 5 working days for the bank cheque to clear and had no access to those funds in the bank cheque!

So it’s out of one persons account, not accessible by another for days.

What on earth do banks do with that money while in limbo?

And I find out a faster clearance could be made. I asked how much, they say it’s free but had to be asked for at time of depositing the bank cheque.

So how do we know what to ask if we are not given the option of .... similar to “would you like fries with that?” !!

Such bs

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 9th, 2020 at 4:16pm

billy the kid wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 4:06pm:
Try to withdraw some of your own cash and you are treated
like a criminal...

you're with the wrong bank
I'm with BOQ. I get treated well. The manager even calls me periodically to see if I need anything further from him.
If I have any issues I just call his branch and they immediately know who I am. Despite the fact that I haven't been in that branch in about 8 years. I have another branch closer to where I live that I use for my day to day stuff. But since I opened my account in the first branch, he remains my banker for the life of my accounts, or until he sells his branch (franchised).

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2020 at 4:19pm

Sophia wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 4:14pm:
The other “slow” bank gripe I have, bank cheques.

A person withdraws funds from their account, to make a bank cheque payable to whomever.
Pays $15 for cheque.
Funds gone from account.
But..... the receiver had to wait 5 working days for the bank cheque to clear and had no access to those funds in the bank cheque!

So it’s out of one persons account, not accessible by another for days.

What on earth do banks do with that money while in limbo?

And I find out a faster clearance could be made. I asked how much, they say it’s free but had to be asked for at time of depositing the bank cheque.

So how do we know what to ask if we are not given the option of .... similar to “would you like fries with that?” !!

Such bs

now that is a gripe I have. Although my bank has a 3 day clearance, not 5. They have the technology to clear cheques immediately but it's more profitable for them to not do it. The excuse i was given was it's because people have previously passed on counterfeit bank cheques.

I understand NZ clears bank checks as soon as they are presented.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2020 at 1:15pm

So, today's update.

Had to go buy some stuff for today's curry.  Bunged $100.00 in the card to cover it.

Got to Woollies, got stuff, all good.  Go to butcher, got stuff, all good.  Go to Newsagent, got paper, all good.  Go to Bottlo...grab six pack....pay on card.....declined.  Had no cash on me, so left......far king angry.

Get home.  Check NetBank.  Some arsehole swiped about $75.00.  Mofo something or other.  Never heard of them.

Ring Bank, same rigmarole as yesterday, but at least this Lady confirmed that if I go to the Bank tomorrow, they will be able to issue me with some sort of temporary card I can use.

So, have no cancelled the card the arsehole has been pillaging, and have to go to Bank tomorrow.

Far cars!!!!!!!!

Angry

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2020 at 1:44pm

Those scammers were that quick to realise you put money in the card?
And even quicker to spend it!

You really should’ve stopped that card immediately early on, since you have cash in your account you can withdraw.

Now those arzeholes took more money for nothing.

Can’t believe you trusted your card after it was compromised initially.
No way I would, but you felt the bank would refund you, otherwise would you have given that compromised card another go?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - May 10th, 2020 at 1:54pm

Aussie wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 2:44pm:
I have one.

I chose to have it so that when I want to make a purchase, I will bung money in to meet the purchase.  Otherwise, I keep it at a bare minimum....for the very reason of avoiding what follows.

So, yesterday, I put some money in to pay for my golf round this morning.

This morning, go to the Pro Shop, pay for the round on the card....denied.  Club has a no cash policy atm, but, I handed over cash, and it was obviously accepted.

Get home from Golf and have a look at the card account on netbank to see why and what happened.

Some prick in Ireland grabbed about $50.00 for some 'manual.'  Huh?  Nah.

So, I ring Netbank saying I had not authorised that, and was told they could not reverse the transaction without freezing that card blah blah, and they would send me a new card, one I would get in about 10 days.

Nah.

I use that card daily for just general buys, like VB, red wine or milk or whatever we need.

So, the next offer was that I could keep using the existing card, and they will send me a new one.  Until.....what follows...the existing card would still work.

When the new card arrives, I have to go to the Bank, get it activated, and that will automatically cancel, the existing card.

WTF could they not simply cancel that 'pending' transaction to some arsehole in Ireland?

Could you not just abstain from the demon grog for a few days?

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2020 at 1:57pm

Sophia wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 1:44pm:

You really should’ve stopped that card immediately early on, since you have cash in your account you can withdraw.

No way I would, but you felt the bank would refund you, otherwise would you have given that compromised card another go?

I trusted my Bank NOT to allow suspicious transactions.  My only convenient access to cash (up here, we are all expected NOT to use cash because of the nasty) is via that card.  I transfer money  across from another account into that card and then go get what I want, paying with the debit card.

This prick must have some IT stalking capacity on the card, and pounced within 30 mins of me transferring the money in.

All the Bank has to do is cancel the transaction, block the arsehole, but no....they have to go through this tiresome irritating process of issuing another card.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #14 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:02pm

Sorry to hear that you've been scammed, Aussie.

I think I've mentioned before in another thread that I have one of those Australia Post Load and Go Mastercards (debit card) that I use for purchases where places won't take cash or I can't be bothered getting cash out of my wallet.

I always log in to my online account and check daily to make sure no unauthorised transactions have occurred. I mainly use it at our local IGA and Coles and Woolworths so there shouldn't be any problems unless an honest mistake is made at the checkout (that's also why I always ask for receipts so I can check those as well).

No way I would ever use my bank's ATM card for purchases, especially the Tap and Go sort.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #15 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:05pm

Aussie wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 1:57pm:
Sophia wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 1:44pm:

I trusted my Bank NOT to allow suspicious transactions.  My only convenient access to cash (up here, we are all expected NOT to use cash because of the nasty) is via that card.  I transfer money  across from another account into that card and then go get what I want, paying with the debit card.

This prick must have some IT stalking capacity on the card, and pounced within 30 mins of me transferring the money in.

All the Bank has to do is cancel the transaction, block the arsehole, but no....they have to go through this tiresome irritating process of issuing another card.

The bank may well be able to block ??? the scammer, but they have different scammers to come in to it, doesn’t matter how many blocks are put out.
If you bank advised to cancel and get a new card, there’s a good reason for doing that no?
If you were my hubby and did that, I would’ve hit you over the head with a golden frypan .... (shut up, it’s Mother’s Day!) 🤗

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:09pm

There may well be a good reason, but that will suit the convenience of the Banks, not me, the customer.

You'd need to be very sneaky and have a very heavy frypan!

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:21pm

Aussie wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 2:09pm:
There may well be a good reason, but that will suit the convenience of the Banks, not me, the customer.

I can throw far and wide when least expected donchoo worry 😇
And why does it have to be heavy, are you trying to tell me you have a hard head 😂

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:45pm

Sophia wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 2:21pm:
are you trying to tell me you have a hard head 😂

to call him thick headed is an understatement  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:55pm

And why does it have to be heavy, are you trying to tell me you have a hard head 😂

What if you missed?

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #20 - May 10th, 2020 at 3:04pm

Aussie wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 2:55pm:

What if you missed?

What if .... you forgot to duck? 🤭

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - May 10th, 2020 at 3:31pm

You'd hit.......and then?

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #22 - May 10th, 2020 at 3:43pm

And then.... my turn to duck as it ricocheted back to me from bouncing off your tough nogger! 😌

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - May 10th, 2020 at 4:00pm

Sophia wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 3:43pm:
And then.... my turn to duck as it ricocheted back to me from bouncing off your tough nogger! 😌

Nah.  You'd be over my knee and getting spanked with that pan.  Don't tell Mr Smith, he'll get excited.

IP Logged

0ktema
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 10th, 2020 at 4:03pm

The simplest solution for the future is to have 2 or more debit cards linked to separate accounts. If one is compromised use the other until the original is secure.

As with anything to do with technology some form of redundancy is always good to consider.

"We Are Consciousness Itself"
- Adi Da Samraj

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #25 - May 10th, 2020 at 4:03pm

I better invest in more golden frypans 😂

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - May 10th, 2020 at 4:05pm

0ktema wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 4:03pm:
The simplest solution for the future is to have 2 or more debit cards linked to separate accounts. If one is compromised use the other until the original is secure.

As with anything to do with technology some form of redundancy is always good to consider.

Yes, I had already thought of that and will ask about it at the Bank tomorrow.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #27 - May 10th, 2020 at 4:10pm

0ktema wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 4:03pm:

Yes, now your talking cent$ ($en$e)

We have 2 credit cards that are different numbers, then the access savings card (like a debit card)

We have to back our selves up many ways to have access to our money!!!

Think if you were overseas?
And this happened?
Only one card to rely on?
No way.
I’m like an American with a million cards in plastic card folder!

But Bill Gates has a solution.
He will just implant us with micro chips and voila, no more cards!
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 10th, 2020 at 5:06pm

Aussie wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 4:00pm:

Nah.  You'd be over my knee and getting spanked with that pan.  Don't tell Mr Smith, he'll get excited.

I didn't realise your zimmer frame allowed for knee spanking  Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - May 10th, 2020 at 5:13pm

John Smith wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 5:06pm:

Don't have one. 

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - May 10th, 2020 at 5:31pm

Aussie wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 5:13pm:

Don't have one. 

You've moved onto the electric carts ehh Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - May 10th, 2020 at 5:39pm

John Smith wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 5:31pm:
Aussie wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 5:13pm:

Don't have one. 

You've moved onto the electric carts ehh Cheesy Cheesy

Absolutely.  That's why they have them!  Fukk walking!

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #32 - May 10th, 2020 at 7:14pm

Aussie,

You are a fool yet again. I always get the card cancelled immediately.

The fact you didn't do that may leave you with the liability of the last fraud transaction.

It is probably being sold to other scammers.

Having multiple cards is important just in case you lose or need to cancel one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print