Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Neuralink brain chip -Elon Musk (Read 880 times)
Sophia
Gold Member

Neuralink brain chip -Elon Musk
May 9th, 2020 at 2:06pm

This sounds intriguing.
In a year it happens. Merging our brains with computer knowledge access.

Game shows like The Chase and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire will come to an abrupt end!

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-chip-put-in-human-with...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Neuralink brain chip -Elon Musk
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:07pm

Read Hyperion and Hyperion's Fall by Dan Simmons.
The first is done in a Canterbury Tales style - really strong characterisations.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:15pm

We are coming into the Age of the Mental Slave.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2020 at 2:33pm by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:26pm

Dream of every Fascist/Stalinist politician since time immemorial - an utterly tame workforce and society and the entire machinery of the State dedicated to the enrichment and luxury of the ruling elite... only China seriously one-party approaches this Nirvana of the political mind...

Deep within every politician lies a Feudal Lord who would just love to be able to chop off heads of dissidents and such on whim, and to behave like Machiavelli's Prince and act arbitrarily at any time without let.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:33pm

Let’s face it, look how hooked we all are to our computers, mobile phones, internet, information etc.
Imagine just logging into YouTube playing music anytime.

Only trouble is, it will be a major distraction.
How would we know someone is paying attention to another person talking to them?
It’s bad enough now with smart phones.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:44pm

This is the part I like about it...
And treats brain injury and trauma...

The chip could potentially be used to restore eyesight, hearing, and limb movement in addition to addressing diseases that affect the brain, Musk claims. The device would be implanted directly into the skull to enable electrode threads to interface with certain areas of the brain, according to Musk.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2020 at 2:47pm

Asimov's Positronic Brain.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2020 at 7:26pm

Sophia wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 2:44pm:

The chip could potentially be used to restore eyesight, hearing, and limb movement in addition to addressing diseases that affect the brain, Musk claims. The device would be implanted directly into the skull to enable electrode threads to interface with certain areas of the brain, according to Musk.

Elon Musk isn't a doctor or anything but a risk taking entrepreneur.

His big battery for Sth Australia was a useless con.

He's another Bill Gates.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:14pm

Gnads wrote on May 9th, 2020 at 7:26pm:

I think you will find there is a huge difference for intended use of these implants.

One wants to empower themselves by keeping track of people, their activities, work hours, and to pay accordingly. In other words, to control the masses.

The other wants to help people empower themselves, with improvement of hearing, sight, brain trauma, limb movement etc in other words to give the control back personally.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #9 - May 11th, 2020 at 3:10pm

It was?  According to whom?  The same people who claimed renewables were responsible for the statewide black out?  Bullshit, it was a failure of the distribution system, pure and simply.  Renewables had only a minor part in it.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 11th, 2020 at 3:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 3:10pm:
Bullshit, it was a failure of the distribution system, pure and simply.  Renewables had only a minor part in it

So was it the distribution system pure and simple or was part of it the renewables?

"Wind generation was low at 1.4% of total generation across all NEM regions at the time of the event, limiting the impact of the wind fleet. Of the wind generators online at the time, none was observed to assist in correcting the frequency deviations. Four wind farms in SA reduced output to zero due to an incorrect protection setting."
https://www.aemo.com.au/-/media/Files/Electricity/NEM/Market_Notices_and_Events/...

With demand at 30,000 MW at 1.4% is 420 MW - not to be sneezed at.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - May 11th, 2020 at 4:34pm

lee wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 3:48pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 3:10pm:
Bullshit, it was a failure of the distribution system, pure and simply.  Renewables had only a minor part in it

So was it the distribution system pure and simple or was part of it the renewables?

Do you think this might have had something to do with it?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 11th, 2020 at 4:43pm

The_Barnacle wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 4:34pm:
Do you think this might have had something to do with it?

What? The maladjusted protection settings? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - May 12th, 2020 at 6:34am

Sophia wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 2:14pm:

I think you will find there is a huge difference for intended use of these implants.

One wants to empower themselves by keeping track of people, their activities, work hours, and to pay accordingly. In other words, to control the masses.

The other wants to help people empower themselves, with improvement of hearing, sight, brain trauma, limb movement etc in other words to give the control back personally.

Trouble these days, Lols - is that The People have awoken to The Big Con and the Hidden Agenda - some say that awakening goes back to Watergate or even the Kennedy Assassination - both considered times when Amurika lost its naivety and ts trust in government.

In God They Trust - they sure as hell can't trust anyone else....

There will always be a hidden fear that any such intervention has the potential to either have a 'trap-door' via which mind/personal control can be performed, or that the whole thing is a cover for having mind control devices inserted.

Downe at Ye Olde Canberra Legislation Clearing House, 2027:-

"We've found a cure for the high rate of Aboriginal deaths in interpersonal relationships!!  We simply insert a chip in all of them and Tom's yer Uncle!"

"But isn't that discriminatory?  How do we avoid the appearance that we're picking on Blecks?"

"Well - the idea is to eventually process the entire community, no exceptions - but we all know that, given the propaganda thrown around, most people tend to consider Blecks lesser types and worthy of this kind of thing - there is precedent with the Card and all... we simply process the Blecks first as a matter of urgency - then we process the rest on some flimsy excuse."

"Wow - that way nobody will really notice!  We just start labeling everyone a 'potential IR killer', say we're protecting 'victims' that don't exist at that time, and away we go!  Make an impossibly low standard of 'proof', and we can eventually get everyone - except our kind, of course!"

Verily, verily - I say unto you - who guards the guard while the guard guards you..?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - May 12th, 2020 at 7:31am

Back on track.
Most technology made in the West has an ulterior motive.
Take Drones, improve Photography - the masses lapped it up.
Discovering new archaeology sites, etc.
...but they also deliver bombs.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print