Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Pell ~ Post High Court acquittal (Read 1283 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Pell ~ Post High Court acquittal
Apr 30th, 2020 at 1:00pm

Good reading here.

Link.

I doubt he will be charged further.  Although the RC's Report has been redacted, authorities still saw all the evidence against him and did not charge him with any offence other than those for which he has been acquitted.

Let's see.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Pell ~ Post High Court acquittal
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 1:58pm

There was an announcement that they were going to unredact it

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 2:38pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 1:58pm:

They have

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 2:45pm

crocodile wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 2:38pm:

They have

Link to it?

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 5:05pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 2:45pm:

They have

Link to it?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/apr/27/victorian-government-clea...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:04pm

crocodile wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 5:05pm:

They have

Link to it?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/apr/27/victorian-government-clea...

If you read your own Link you will see 'they' have not.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:11pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:04pm:

They have

Link to it?

Where does it say they have not

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:35pm

crocodile wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:11pm:

They have

Link to it?

On Tuesday morning Porter said after receiving Hennessy’s response, “I have sought final advice from my department on the release of the documents and will proceed upon receipt of that advice which I expect as soon as possible”.

probably looking for one final place to pass the BUCK...if the usual hits the fan... Undecided

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:52pm

Pell has a long history of ignoring sexual abuse of children by his colleagues. I wouldnt hesitate to put a bullet in him given the chance for that alone regardless of whether he is guilty of pedophilia himself. He is a vile filthy scumbag who deserves to rot in hell for perpetuating the abuse of young children. And Ozzie here defends the filthy POS.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 10:44pm

cods wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:35pm:
crocodile wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:11pm:

They have

Link to it?

On Tuesday morning Porter said after receiving Hennessy’s response, “I have sought final advice from my department on the release of the documents and will proceed upon receipt of that advice which I expect as soon as possible”.

probably looking for one final place to pass the BUCK...if the usual hits the fan... Undecided

That's right. The document has had expunged redactions restored. It just hasn't been released yet.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - May 1st, 2020 at 12:21am

"... the referee's call is TRY... but it's gone up to the bunker......................... (*replay on replay on replay)....... NO TRY!  Well..  that one will be argued for a very long time.. but right here and now down here at The Grapplerdome, it's a line dropout for Prosecutors.... in extra time looking for that Golden Point with only seconds to go, it doesn't look good for the Accusers, and  the Cardinals will take out this match .... 5 - 4 - 3 -2 -1 - ZERO!  Cardinals have taken out the Pell Cup!!!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - May 1st, 2020 at 12:29am

rhino wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:52pm:
Pell has a long history of ignoring sexual abuse of children by his colleagues. I wouldnt hesitate to put a bullet in him given the chance for that alone regardless of whether he is guilty of pedophilia himself. He is a vile filthy scumbag who deserves to rot in hell for perpetuating the abuse of young children. And Ozzie here defends the filthy POS.

While I agree with your sentiments, I must stand aside from your suggested Final Solution.  If and when it becomes a charge that refusing to act with wilful and depraved indifference when fully aware of a crime being committed - I am happy to see him hang if the evidence supports the charge.

To me - knowingly covering up is as bad as the perversion.. and deserves at least equal punishment - as per Scottish Law, when in the position of 'service' - which supervision of priests certainly is - the penalty should be doubled, since it is such a betrayal in many ways.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 1st, 2020 at 9:07am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 12:29am:

While I agree with your sentiments, I must stand aside from your suggested Final Solution.  If and when it becomes a charge that refusing to act with wilful and depraved indifference when fully aware of a crime being committed - I am happy to see him hang if the evidence supports the charge.

To me - knowingly covering up is as bad as the perversion.. and deserves at least equal punishment - as per Scottish Law, when in the position of 'service' - which supervision of priests certainly is - the penalty should be doubled, since it is such a betrayal in many ways.

My sentiments exactly from the get go ... only not as eloquently expressed.  Grin Wink

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 1st, 2020 at 10:16am

thats for the Royal to decide....as we all know it wasnt and isnt only the Catholic church on trial here.....it covered just about every institution  that involved children...

should we hang them all???..

lets ask the victims......see if it would change anything and make this all go away... Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 1st, 2020 at 10:37am

cods wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 10:16am:

thats for the Royal to decide....as we all know it wasnt and isnt only the Catholic church on trial here.....it covered just about every institution  that involved children...

should we hang them all???..

lets ask the victims......see if it would change anything and make this all go away... Sad Sad Sad
Good idea.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print