Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 35
Send Topic Print
Halal fees and terrorism funding (Read 40993 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Halal fees and terrorism funding
Reply #450 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:18pm

Do you really have no evidence Gandalf?

Does Islam encourage you to automatically assume the best in your fellow Muslims?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #451 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 10:07pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 3:00pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 11:30am:
Quote:
In 30 pages

...I've been trying to get you to answer questions that relate directly to the topic.

There are at least half a dozen questions that I asked you long before that inane little attempted personal swipe FD. And these were actually on topic.

You didn't answer one of them.

Ah yes, but did he feign offence or hypersensitivity?

Remember, no one has the right to not feign to be offended.

Besides, I'm sure FD plans to answer your questions once you've answered his. We can sort this out once and for all.

FD, do you plan to answer G's questions after he's answered yours?

Cheers.

FD? You missed this question.

We'll ask another. Does your membership of this board encourage you to automatically assume the best of your fellow white supremacists?

That's two questions. G's makes it three.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #452 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 1:49pm

oops, looks like you missed it again FD. I'm sure it was an innocent oversight. Here it is again:

Sorry FD, you may have missed it - I had a follow up question that you didn't answer:

How is asserting that zero percentage of ozpolitic's ad revenues are sent to terrorists in the absense of any evidence suggesting so, different to me asserting that zero percentage of halal certification fees goes to terrorists in the absense of any evidence?

Both, by the way, are just a simple straight up case of giving the presumption of innocence. But according to you, one is lying, stupid and "making up statistics" - but the other, unfathomably is apparently not?

I'd like you to answer that because

a) it goes to the heart of the actual topic of this thread
b) it will help you understand why you shouldn't be asking that question, and when you do is nothing but trolling.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #453 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:06pm

Current global activities of muslims signal: islam, terrorism and beheading are synonymous.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #454 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:29pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 1:49pm:
oops, looks like you missed it again FD. I'm sure it was an innocent oversight. Here it is again:

Sorry FD, you may have missed it - I had a follow up question that you didn't answer:

How is asserting that zero percentage of ozpolitic's ad revenues are sent to terrorists in the absense of any evidence suggesting so, different to me asserting that zero percentage of halal certification fees goes to terrorists in the absense of any evidence?

Both, by the way, are just a simple straight up case of giving the presumption of innocence. But according to you, one is lying, stupid and "making up statistics" - but the other, unfathomably is apparently not?

I'd like you to answer that because

a) it goes to the heart of the actual topic of this thread
b) it will help you understand why you shouldn't be asking that question, and when you do is nothing but trolling.

A sample size of 1 does not really give you a statistic Gandalf. Keep squirming.

Does Islam encourage you to automatically assume the best in your fellow Muslims?

Do you really have no evidence at all to back up your claim that Halal fees are not used to fund terrorism?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #455 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 9:08am

freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:29pm:
A sample size of 1 does not really give you a statistic Gandalf. Keep squirming.

whether its 1, 10 or 500 halal certifiers - it doesn't change the fact that precisely zero of them have any shred of evidence (that you have presented anyway) against them that they are sending even 1 cent of their fees to terrorists.

Furthermore, I'm more than happy to extend my analogy to declare that however many public internet forums that provides a platform for Islamophobic trolling there are out there - every one of them sends zero amount of their advertising revenues to terrorists - in line with my philosophy that in the absense of any evidence suggesting otherwise, people deserve the presumption of innocence. Of course you could for once explain how that makes your idiotic rhetorical question that brands me as an automatic sympathiser for muslim terrorist funders in anyway relevant or logical - but I know you'll just run away from it again - and then ask the same question again like a grinning idiot.

freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:29pm:
Do you really have no evidence at all to back up your claim that Halal fees are not used to fund terrorism?

FD asks if I can prove the innocence of people that have no shred of evidence of guilt presented against them - and apparently thinks thats an ok way to debate.

But thanks for clearing one thing up FD - that you think muslims are guilty by default, and remain so unless proven otherwise.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #456 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 6:47pm

You asked what the difference is Gandalf. That's it. Will you stop complaining about me not answering your silly question now?

Quote:
Furthermore, I'm more than happy to extend my analogy to declare that however many public internet forums that provides a platform for Islamophobic trolling there are out there - every one of them sends zero amount of their advertising revenues to terrorists - in line with my philosophy that in the absense of any evidence suggesting otherwise, people deserve the presumption of innocence. Of course you could for once explain how that makes your idiotic rhetorical question that brands me as an automatic sympathiser for muslim terrorist funders in anyway relevant or logical - but I know you'll just run away from it again - and then ask the same question again like a grinning idiot.

So your "philosophy" is making things up and using your own ignorance of the facts to justify making things up? Is this a Muslim thing? Does Islam compel you to lie, or do you think you converted to Islam because of your pre-existing "philosophy" of telling lies?

Quote:
FD asks if I can prove the innocence of people that have no shred of evidence of guilt presented against them - and apparently thinks thats an ok way to debate.

I ask if you have any evidence for the claim you make. It's a perfectly reasonble question, so why all the squirming? Why do you happily admit that you have no evidence when you change the context, but get all offended when I ask the same about Halal fees and terrorism funding?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #457 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 3:12pm

freediver wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 6:47pm:
You asked what the difference is Gandalf. That's it.

And then I explained why its not really a difference at all. Thats it. But keep pretending it justifies your continued deflection if it makes you feel better.

So your "philosophy" is making things up and using your own ignorance of the facts to justify making things up?

Describing the time honoured practice of saying that any given person or persons are assumed to have not engaged in any quantifiable amount of a given crime - when no shred of evidence is presented to suggest otherwise - as "making things up" - is quite possibly the most stupid thing you have come up with yet FD.

I ask if you have any evidence for the claim you make

Correct. And that claim I make is that halal certifiers are assumed not to engage in the crime of sending any money to terrorists when there is no shred of evidence saying otherwise. And like I said, thinking that it is somehow "reasonable" to insist on evidence for this claim is up there with the most stupid FD belief ever. Suggest you go back to primary school and learn about the burden of proof and where it lies.

Quote:
Why do you happily admit that you have no evidence when you change the context but get all offended when I ask the same about Halal fees and terrorism funding?

No idea what you are blathering about. I get "offended" when you think that evidence is needed to assert someone's innocence in commiting a crime. And I get "offended" when you pretend this is somehow about creating a protection racket for muslims - when I have explained ad-infinitum that I apply the exact same principle to anyone - including anti-muslim trolls like yourself

- and then ask the same question again like a grinning idiot.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #458 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 7:23pm

Gandalf does Islam encourage you to automatically assume the best in your fellow Muslims?

Quote:
And then I explained why its not really a difference at all.

One is you making up a statistic. The other is you misrepresenting a statement about a single person as a statistic. It's an important difference, and goes to the heart of your misrepresentation of your position as being equivalent to the legal concept.

Quote:
Describing the time honoured practice

You misrepresent the legal concept of guilty until proven innocent when you pass off your position as being the same. You keep flipping back and forth on this Gandalf. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Correct. And that claim I make is that halal certifiers are assumed

I did not ask what you assumed. I asked if you had any evidence to back up your claim.

Quote:
No idea what you are blathering about.

You tapdance when I ask if you have any evidence to back up your claim that 0% of halal funds go to terrorism. But the other examples you made up in a failed attempt to demonstrate that you are not being a hypocrite on this, you happily admit lack any evidence.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #459 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 8:38am

freediver wrote on Nov 24th, 2020 at 7:23pm:
One is you making up a statistic. The other is you misrepresenting a statement about a single person as a statistic.

Assuming innocence in committing an actual crime is not a statistic. This is the crux of your 31 pages of fail.

And I already clarified that it can be extended from a single person to include however many forums there are out there that provide a platform for islamophobic trolling. Until I see any evidence suggesting otherwise, I am quite happy to assert that not one of them is illegally sending a single cent to terrorists. Or in other words "Islam-critical online forums anywhere in the world illegally send zero of their advertising revenues to terrorists - in the absense of any evidence suggeseting otherwise" - is exactly equivalent to "halal certifiers send zero of their halal fees to terrorists - in the absense of any evidence suggeseting otherwise". Explain, if you can, why they are not equivalent.

And neither, by the way, are a statistic.

You misrepresent the legal concept of guilty until proven innocent [sic] when you pass off your position as being the same.. You keep flipping back and forth on this Gandalf. You can't have it both ways.

I've been explaining to you since near the beginning of this thread - ad-infinitum - how it is exactly the same as the legal concept of innocence until proven guilty. You have never once refuted me. Not once. Suggest you try that first before going back to the same tired and debunked claim over and over.

For one thing - sending money to terrorists is classified as a criminal activity under our legal system. So yes, we literally are discussing whether they are innocent or guilty of an actual crime. Thus the legal concept of the presumption of innocence could not be more central to this question. I say they are innocent (aka send zero amount of money to this illegal activity) when there is no shred of evidence presented to suggest otherwise. You, apparently, think that its far more reasonable to assume guilt until proven innocent.

I did not ask what you assumed. I asked if you had any evidence to back up your claim.

This merely demonstrates you either don't understand or willfully misrepresent what my claim is.

My claim is exactly an assumption - my assumption that they send zero amount of money to terrorists when there is no evidence suggesting otherwise. And since engaging in such activity would amount to an actual crime under our laws, this is exactly equivalent to saying I assume they are innocent (of this particular crime) until proven guilty.

But the other examples you made up in a failed attempt to demonstrate that you are not being a hypocrite on this, you happily admit lack any evidence.

What "other examples"?

The only other examples I used were your ozpolitic revenues and spear fishing club fees. And in those I took the exact same position - that they all send zero amount of money to illegal activities when there is zero evidence suggesting otherwise.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #460 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 8:50pm

Quote:
Assuming innocence in committing an actual crime is not a statistic. This is the crux of your 31 pages of fail.

Saying that 0% of halal fees go to terrorism is making up a statistic Gandalf.

Quote:
I've been explaining to you since near the beginning of this thread - ad-infinitum - how it is exactly the same as the legal concept of innocence until proven guilty.

Humour us. What is the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #461 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 6:14am

As to halal

I went to a Macdonalds in Sydney a few years back, the tent behind the counter proudly proclaimed that all food was halal.

I asked for a halal bacon and egg muffin, she got all antisi

F#^ken moron, if she is gonna spout some primitive barbarian philosophy, Ill blow it out of the water every time.

The only reason they dont eat pork, is because they dont want to eat Mad Muhammad's mothers relatives.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #462 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 9:35am

freediver wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 8:50pm:
Saying that 0% of halal fees go to terrorism is making up a statistic Gandalf.

You do understand that anything above 0% would constitute a crime under our laws don't you FD? We're not talking about how many times they pick their nose each day.

The statement came in response to a question - which I believe was words to the effect of 'what percentage of their halal fees do you think they send to terrorists'. The question therefore was literally asking if these people have committed a crime - and the answer would have been in the affirmative if it had been anything above 0%.

So saying 0% in response to that question is no different whatsoever to saying they are innocent of committing that particular crime. No different. Which, as we both know is absolutely the correct answer when there is no shred of evidence suggesting otherwise - which there isn't.

freediver wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 8:50pm:
What is the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty?

Suffice to say in our case, you need at least some shred of evidence to legimitately say that the percentage is more than 0%. Otherwise the default and correct answer can only be 0%. And by the way, thats irrespective of whether or not you know for a fact its 0.

And to be clear, you yourself made it a legal question about guilt and innocence by asking about a specific crime under our laws.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #463 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 7:29am

Quote:
Suffice to say in our case, you need at least some shred of evidence to legimitately say that the percentage is more than 0%.

That has nothing to do with the legal concept of innocent until proven guilty. If you are going to stick with your current version of the story, you will have to do better than that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #464 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:39pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 26th, 2020 at 6:14am:
As to halal

I went to a Macdonalds in Sydney a few years back, the tent behind the counter proudly proclaimed that all food was halal.

I asked for a halal bacon and egg muffin, she got all antisi

F#^ken moron, if she is gonna spout some primitive barbarian philosophy, Ill blow it out of the water every time.

The only reason they dont eat pork, is because they dont want to eat Mad Muhammad's mothers relatives.

FD, does your membership of this board automatically cause you to assume the best of Matty?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 35
Send Topic Print