Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Victorian Pollies give themselves 12% payrise (Read 646 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Victorian Pollies give themselves 12% payrise
Apr 10th, 2020 at 2:10am

Quote:
Victoria’s Premier and ministers are still on track to receive an 11.8 per cent pay rise at a time when hundreds of thousands of people are losing their jobs or taking significant pay cuts, Health Minister Jenny Mikakos has confirmed. The state’s independent remuneration tribunal last year deemed Premier Daniel Andrews worthy of a $46,522 pay rise from July 1, 2020, bringing his total salary to $441,439, while backbenchers’ base salaries are set to rise from $163,189 to $182,413.

Ministers and Opposition Leader Michael O’Brien — who has called for politicians’ pay to be frozen — are set to have their salaries rise 11.8 per cent to $352,057.

Asked whether it was reasonable to still accept the pay rise in light of the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Ms Mikakos said the decision had been made by the independent tribunal. “But I’ve got nothing to add on that issue,” Ms Mikakos said. “I know (politicians) are working incredibly hard at the moment to support their constituents in terms of COVID-19 response, and that’s not just a personal reflection, but I just wanted to say that I know that many in our community are doing it tough.”

Asked whether the government could request that the remuneration tribunal reconsider the pay rise in light of changed economic circumstances, Ms Mikakos said the decision was not part of her portfolio responsibility.

https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2020/04/daniel-andrews-and-his-ministers-to-get...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Victorian Pollies give themselves 12% payrise
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:04am

Bloody disgraceful. They should be taking a 50% cut.
Funny how their union works. They don't like ours but theirs is okay because its named "independent remuneration tribunal".  Grin

Fight back Victoria. Take these fkkkers down.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:20am

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:04am:
Bloody disgraceful. They should be taking a 50% cut.
Funny how their union works. They don't like ours but theirs is okay because its named "independent remuneration tribunal".  Grin

Fight back Victoria. Take these fkkkers down.  Roll Eyes

They should be working free of charge for the good of all of us.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:25am

WELFARE!!!!

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!