Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Coronavirus and hydroxychloroquine. (Read 3360 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Coronavirus and hydroxychloroquine.
Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:06pm

Coronavirus and chloroquine.

It's a dangerous drug but people should be able to get it if they want it.
It can cause arrhythmia,  renal and liver damage etc.
More than 20 trials are being carried out, including in the US, UK, Spain and China.
But just imagine if we all went on it and for 99.9% of people it protected them?
We could end the lock down tomorrow.
see here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/51980731

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Coronavirus and hydroxychloroquine.
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:07pm

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/7160/plaquenil-200mg-tablets-100

Low stock - you need a script.

Plaquenil 200mg Tablets 100
Drug Name: hydroxychloroquine   Product ID: 2489488

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:13pm

In these dangerous times.
Small minds talk about an American President.

No wonder a cure will never be well thought out.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:18pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:13pm:
In these dangerous times.
Small minds talk about an American President.

No wonder a cure will never be well thought out.

Trump told me I'd be protected if I had me some quinine.

I gotta get me some.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:25pm

bobby   they will find a vaccine but they need time   they have to work out the puzzle  and these guys are all over the globe working day and night....

stop worrying   this could be some kind of test for mankind  one thats sending a few messages maybe...

like we are not as smart as we think we are... this virus is very very humbling.. it is testing us......so be resilient dont look on the down side...I am sure when its found Australia will at the head of the queue.....dont let aqua make you feel guilty and for gods sakes   the world wont sit back and watch 3rd world countries go under........we are in this together bobs....and that means all of us.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:39pm

cods wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:25pm:
bobby   they will find a vaccine but they need time   they have to work out the puzzle  and these guys are all over the globe working day and night....

stop worrying   this could be some kind of test for mankind  one thats sending a few messages maybe...

like we are not as smart as we think we are... this virus is very very humbling.. it is testing us......so be resilient dont look on the down side...I am sure when its found Australia will at the head of the queue.....dont let aqua make you feel guilty and for gods sakes   the world wont sit back and watch 3rd world countries go under........we are in this together bobs....and that means all of us.

What if the 20 drug trials all prove that hydroxychloroquine is the answer?

The world could go all back to normal life.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:52pm

It's ok Bobby.
Never fear - only people who live in high density populations like polluted Cities will die.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:57pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:39pm:

Funny how those with TDS say it will never work.

Quote:
An Australian trial of two drugs that have previously wiped out the coronavirus in test tubes can begin “now” after Clive Palmer donated $1 million.

On Monday, University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research director Professor David Paterson told news.com.au they have seen two drugs used to treat other conditions wipe out the virus in test tubes.

He said one of the medications, given to some of the first people to test positive for COVID-19 in Australia, had already resulted in “disappearance of the virus” and complete recovery from the infection.

Prof Paterson, who is also an infectious disease physician at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, said it wasn’t a stretch to label the drugs “a treatment or a cure”.
“It’s a potentially effective treatment,” he said.
“Patients would end up with no viable coronavirus in their system at all after the end of therapy.”
The drugs are both already registered and available in Australia.

more here- https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-australia-c...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:23am

Thanks Baron - Trump says it's a game changer.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:36am

Bobby. wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:06pm:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/2259/production/_111639780_france_dr...

More than 20 trials are being carried out, including in the US, UK, Spain and China.
But just imagine if we all went on it and for 99.9% of people it protected them?
see here:

Should we set the snake oil salesmen loose Bobby?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:45am

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:11am

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:36am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:06pm:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/2259/production/_111639780_france_dr...

see here:

Should we set the snake oil salesmen loose Bobby?

Trump ain't no snake oil salesman  -

he's the leader of the free world.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:25am

Firstly, no, life would not go back to normal.  There may be a new normal and some lowered measures we're experiencing now, but even with a vaccine, "back to normal" may not even be like what we knew before.

BUT, let's say it doesn't work, what about all the people who need these drugs for other issues?  You're creating a shortage that will impact them on the chance that anecdotal evidence shows some benefits, as touted by the drug manufacturers.

It's good that they're prescription-only medicine in most places, that will stop the panic buying and allow those who actually need it to get it.

Another dangerous thread by Bobby.  What will the excuse be this time?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:31am

SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:25am:

Firstly, no, life would not go back to normal.  There may be a new normal and some lowered measures we're experiencing now, but even with a vaccine, "back to normal" may not even be like what we knew before.

BUT, let's say it doesn't work, what about all the people who need these drugs for other issues?  You're creating a shortage that will impact them on the chance that anecdotal evidence shows some benefits, as touted by the drug manufacturers.

It's good that they're prescription-only medicine in most places, that will stop the panic buying and allow those who actually need it to get it.

Let's wait for the results of the over 20 drug trials before making responses without facts.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #14 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:40am

Bobby. wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:31am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:25am:

Let's wait for the results of the over 20 drug trials before making responses without facts.

If only you'd take your own advice.

The balance of "prevention is better than the cure" vs "get it and we'll treat it" will still be there.  Don't forget those side effects you listed means that not everyone can take the drug so they still have to be careful.  Then there will still be all the people in the risk categories with things like compromised immune systems or lungs who will still need the benefits of a vaccine before life can return to normal. 

It's not a miracle drug, test results or not.  It won't return life back to normal. 

The notion of letting it spread through the community only to treat those who have it also greatly increases the risk of mutation to a form that cannot be treated.

We have a chance to avoid the Flu situation with different strains each year.

I get that you want things to go back to normal, we all do.

I'd love to hit up the "Boys" chat and get a pub feed going, get everyone, wives and kids and just have a lazy Sunday sesh with some outdoor tables near the play area etc... And it's only been a few weeks...

But we have enough false hope that adding to that will actually have the opposite effect.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print