Send Topic Print
Should China be sued ? (Read 925 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Should China be sued ?
Apr 7th, 2020 at 3:15pm

CHINA SHOULD BE SUED FOR $6.5 TRILLION - Report

London: China should be sued under international law for trillions of dollars for its initial cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic which has caused more than 60,000 deaths and trillions of dollars in economic damage, a new report says.

The report said damages should be for at least the £3.2 ($6.5 trillion) being spent by G7 nations propping up their domestic economies as governments forced their citizens to stay at home so they could try and contain the disease's spread.

China should be sued for $6.5 trillion for coronavirus damages says top UK think tank
By Latika Bourke April 5, 2020 — 10.41am

London: China should be sued under international law for trillions of dollars for its initial cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic which has caused more than 60,000 deaths and trillions of dollars in economic damage, a new report says.

VIDEO:- Coronavirus Timeline: How COVID-19 spread from China to Australia.
  https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/china-should-be-sued-for-6-5-trillion-for-co...

The report said damages should be for at least the £3.2 ($6.5 trillion) being spent by G7 nations propping up their domestic economies as governments forced their citizens to stay at home so they could try and contain the disease's spread.

Chinese President Xi Jinping, fourth from left in front row, with other Chinese leaders during national mourning for victims of coronavirus at the Zhongnanhai Leadership Compound in Beijing on Saturday, April 4.CREDIT:XINHUA VIA AP

And it singled out Prime Minister Scott Morrison's unprecedented $130 billion in government support for workers and businesses, saying Australians too were owed at least that amount in compensation.

Read on here

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/china-should-be-sued-for-6-5-trillion-for-co...
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2020 at 3:22pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Should China be sued ?
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 4:08pm

Does this mean if my work colleague gives me the flu I can sue them?

How about the slow responses of many governments and the blunders like allowing the Ruby Princess to doc?

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 4:16pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 4:08pm:
Does this mean if my work colleague gives me the flu I can sue them?

How about the slow responses of many governments and the blunders like allowing the Ruby Princess to doc?

If he kept bats, pangolins and civet cats in an enclosed area, disappeared people who tried to warn you about the virus and lied to you that it was contagious and put you out of work and bankrupted you, Id say yes.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:49pm

Totally agree with Juliar.

but you know China will wage war rather than 'cough' up the money.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:51pm

it would be a waste of time.....would China ever own up it made a horrible mistake????..

I think we should sue the WHO a bloody useless bunch of nongs if ever there was one...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:46am

Sued?

No, that's just stupid.

But should they be held to account for trying to cover up the virus and not doing anything to halt the spread during CNY until it was too late?

Yeah, they should be.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:38am

Confusion rains!!!!

Now for some relevant COMMENTS

Gregory Smith Firstly, you won't get any money out of China. In any case money means nothing to them. But what you CAN do is, to cause them (and I mean the leadership) is to publicly ridicule the Chinese Government. Trump has the ultimate card, he could do an offici…See more

Don Smith However having just vented my spleen, what we need to do is embarrass the shyte out of the CCP and Xi, especially Xi and have their own people including the PLA turn on them.....
If there ever was a time and place to say ""Viva La Revolution"" this is it for it is a rare golden opportunity that needs to be taken advantage of

Roy Zanetti This is a no brainer. Any money they try to withold should be confiscated from their holdings in Australia including buildings, businesses, infrastructure etc.
For some reason they want to play in the western world however don't want you abide by our rules. If you caused the loss of an income through your actions, you should be held accountable.

Gerald Peck They would claim to be offended and the likelihood of a payout would be just about zero. Mind a few lawyers would be rolling in it! Just keep on pointing the finger, that will mortify them, as losing 'face' is something they can't hack at all. LIkewise, think twice before ever buying anything bearing the words 'Made in China' or in the 'Made in the CPR'!

Geoff Curl Confiscate all Chinese owned assets within Australia and sell them off. This should recoup a fair bit. THE PORT OF DARWIN must remain in Government hands no matter what as it is a strategic asset.

Darryl Henchie I would like to see the Aust govt nationalize all Chinese investment here. They've done it to US companies in China... We can do it here !!!

David Bellette Just take all "their" acquired Australia assets back effective immediately.

Moira Tyrrell Isn’t it China we are borrowing from to finance the billions we are spending to assist everyone except the small business people that don’t employ people only themselves

Ivan Cope Never gonna happen. China is a communist country that answers to no one. They have no copyright laws or even patents. They blatantly steal western technology, mass produce cheap copies of western brands of all kinds of goods knowing full well that the …See more

Ed Pool As others have already said, demand payment, if they refuse, simply repossess all their overseas purchases until the $6T is reached. And best of all, cut them off from world trade.

Merilyn Phillips They deserve to be held accountable for their environmental devastation & manslaughter of the people worldwide.

Kay Ford yes they should be PUBLICLY condemned for the disgraceful way they selfishly put the rest of the world in danger NO OTHER COUNTRY SHOULD TRADE with them their human right policies have always been disgusting to their own and to others there has to be a way to

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:38am

Gutless Australia.

Happy to put sanctions on piss-poor Zimbabwe because Britain wishes it to cover up their Rhodesia Dictatorship.

Sanctions on China?
Hell, no - Gutless Australia would never do that. Even Britain is a bit gutless to China.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:20pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:38am:
Gutless Australia.

Happy to put sanctions on piss-poor Zimbabwe because Britain wishes it to cover up their Rhodesia Dictatorship.

Sanctions on China?
Hell, no - Gutless Australia would never do that. Even Britain is a bit gutless to China.

Sanctions are better than this imaginary ability to sue them that some people foolishly think is the way to go.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print