Send Topic Print
Pell walks (Read 12033 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Pell walks
Reply #285 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:35pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:23pm:
if you weren't disagreeing with me that pell was not found innocent, what was the point of your comment?

Everyone knows you are presumed innocent. It was irrelevant to the conversation. You tried to be clever and it backfired. Now shut up about it.

No.  You are desperate to be seen as 'right.'  You're "not."

You are being, as I said, argumentative.  A pedant.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #286 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:37pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:25pm:
Maybe we need our other lawyer Black Orchid to adjudicate on this!

Repeat!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #287 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 6:19am

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:37pm:

Repeat!

why bother let the children fight   who cares... I am surprised you bother reading the rubbish..

Gnads wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:35pm:
It's called seeking justice for those whose lives have been ruined by the Catholic Church, it's inexcusable policies, it's hierarchy & priests covering up & the silent faithful who takes the churches side over everything.

These paedo priests weren't representatives or agents of God.

They were the further-est from it ... pure evil

its the courts that make a ruling on a re trial or dismissal  its got nothing to do with the church.

you call them paedo priests,   they werent!  they were paedos dressed up as priest...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #288 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 8:52am

cods wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 6:19am:

Repeat!

why bother let the children fight   who cares... I am surprised you bother reading the rubbish..

It's called seeking justice for those whose lives have been ruined by the Catholic Church, it's inexcusable policies, it's hierarchy & priests covering up & the silent faithful who takes the churches side over everything.

its the courts that make a ruling on a re trial or dismissal  its got nothing to do with the church.

you call them paedo priests,   they werent!  they were paedos dressed up as priest...

There ya go cods.  You are never abusive.   Shocked

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #289 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 9:56am

What are you talking abou?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #290 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:01am

Aussie wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 8:52am:

Repeat!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

telling people to FARCOUGH  is abusive..

telling them they write rubbish is a FACT.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #291 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:22am

Belgarion wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:28pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:48pm:
Belgarion wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:41pm:
All here who 'know' that Pell is guilty, what information do you have that has not been made available to the court? If you know something then you really should go to the police rather than bleat about 'injustice' here.

You directing that at me?

Not at you in particular, but at anyone who seems to think they are able to decide that someone is guilty of an offence and demand that person be punished without any information other than their own opinion.

I am no fan of the Catholic church, and the abuse cover ups are disgusting. However I have no personal knowledge of Pell's actions regarding the offences he was charged with and am willing to accept that the 7 High Court judges have examined all the evidence and decided the accusations do not stand up.

As I have mentioned before, there are those in the legal profession who would see jury trials abandoned altogether and that would be a very bad thing for our legal system, however the way people are carrying on about this and other high profile cases where they think they have more knowledge and/or have allowed their prejudices to pre-judge an accused person is an indication that these lawyers have a point in saying many members of the public are not able to be impartial if serving on a jury.   

It's not my opinion that he was mentioned in the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse.

It's not my opinion that he was at the wheel/in charge when covering up for paedo priests & moving them around was happening.

That's a fact.

It is my opinion & that of others that he should be held accountable for that, along with any other church hierarchy & priests that have been a party to those church policies.

Whilst the current church policy of silence, lying & deception which are hardly religious virtues, remains......

then this sort of thing will continue.

Are you an agreeable party to that?
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:40am by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #292 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:22am

And the reference to 'children,' cods?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #293 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:30am

Repeat!

This wouldn't have occurred if it wasn't because of the church. It has everything to do with the church.

I'm not talking about the high court upholding Pells appeal.

That is but one piece in the evil saga of institutional child abuse in the Catholic Church in Australia & globally.

re: your last comment -  it wasn't a fancy dress party they were at .....

they were dressed like that for decades, held positions of authority in the church & privilege over thousands of children supposedly in their care.

their activities were complained about but it either was ignored or the troublesome priest simply moved on to fresh new fields to abuse further ... or were sent overseas to hide them.

All church policy to save face & prevent obligation & litigation.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:38am by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #294 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 11:16am

cods wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:01am:
Aussie wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 8:52am:

Repeat!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

telling people to FARCOUGH  is abusive..

telling them they write rubbish is a FACT.

Interesting isn't it?

A priest is supposed to be "an intermediary between God and Man" ...

Either these people are frauds, or the whole concept of "God" is false or ... both!

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #295 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 12:02pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 10:22am:
Belgarion wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:28pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:48pm:
Belgarion wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:41pm:
All here who 'know' that Pell is guilty, what information do you have that has not been made available to the court? If you know something then you really should go to the police rather than bleat about 'injustice' here.

You directing that at me?

Not at you in particular, but at anyone who seems to think they are able to decide that someone is guilty of an offence and demand that person be punished without any information other than their own opinion.

I am no fan of the Catholic church, and the abuse cover ups are disgusting. However I have no personal knowledge of Pell's actions regarding the offences he was charged with and am willing to accept that the 7 High Court judges have examined all the evidence and decided the accusations do not stand up.

As I have mentioned before, there are those in the legal profession who would see jury trials abandoned altogether and that would be a very bad thing for our legal system, however the way people are carrying on about this and other high profile cases where they think they have more knowledge and/or have allowed their prejudices to pre-judge an accused person is an indication that these lawyers have a point in saying many members of the public are not able to be impartial if serving on a jury.   

It's not my opinion that he was mentioned in the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse.

It's not my opinion that he was at the wheel/in charge when covering up for paedo priests & moving them around was happening.

That's a fact.

It is my opinion & that of others that he should be held accountable for that, along with any other church hierarchy & priests that have been a party to those church policies.

Whilst the current church policy of silence, lying & deception which are hardly religious virtues, remains......

Do you have any further information on Pells involvement apart from the mentioning.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #296 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 1:27pm

That's a fact.

You do not understand how the law works. Pell was on trial for the sexual abuse of two altar boys at a specific time and in a specific place. Nothing else is relevant, including anything you may have read in the media concerning Royal Commissions or anything else.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #297 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 8:35am

Belgarion wrote on Apr 10th, 2020 at 1:27pm:

That's a fact.

You do not understand how the law works. Pell was on trial for the sexual abuse of two altar boys at a specific time and in a specific place. Nothing else is relevant, including anything you may have read in the media concerning Royal Commissions or anything else.

I understand perfectly.

He was mentioned questioned about his knowledge & deliberate covering up & moving of paedophile preists long before the charges of his own sexual abuse of children against him were ever made & laid.

His was involved in that & was consequentially  mentioned in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse which started in 2013.

At least 2 years or more before actual sexual abuse charges against him emerged.

So he should be accountable for that - outside the current case & him winning his appeal against his conviction.

Capisce?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #298 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 9:32am

Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2020 at 8:35am:

That's a fact.

I understand perfectly.

He was mentioned questioned about his knowledge & deliberate covering up & moving of paedophile preists long before the charges of his own sexual abuse of children against him were ever made & laid.

His was involved in that & was consequentially  mentioned in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse which started in 2013.

At least 2 years or more before actual sexual abuse charges against him emerged.

So he should be accountable for that - outside the current case & him winning his appeal against his conviction.

Capisce?

sure! if thats what is appropriate   ANOTHER TRIAL...

its the law...got nothing to do with Pell...

he may well have DELIBERATELY covered up  ,,

but to me he was more likely  following the orders from the Vatican ... in those days the church was far more important..

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #299 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 10:22am

cods wrote on Apr 12th, 2020 at 9:32am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2020 at 8:35am:

That's a fact.

I understand perfectly.

Capisce?

sure! if thats what is appropriate   ANOTHER TRIAL...

its the law...got nothing to do with Pell...

he may well have DELIBERATELY covered up  ,,

but to me he was more likely  following the orders from the Vatican ... in those days the church was far more important..

It's got everything to do with him.

It's aiding & abetting a crime.

So you're still making excuses for him like the blind faithful. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36
Send Topic Print