Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Pell walks
Reply #270 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 12:58pm

But as has been known since the stone-age

the law is an ass

which is why there are higher powers

about whom Pell neither knows or acknowledges

so he can look forward to that … his shortly to commence real education, that is

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #271 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:22pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:36am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:26am:
Yadda wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:25am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:19am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 10:33am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 10:28am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 10:19am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 10:11am:
There only two people alive who know for sure what happened.

Each has a very different view of the events.

As for Pell generally? I think he is a vile man who covered up systemic child abuse for decades.

I dont mean to defend him but can you imagine what would have happened - back in the 70s and 80s if he had tried to violate the catholic thing and come forward? What could he (or any other priest) do?

Yeah imo those ppl shouldn't have been moved but kicked out. He may not have had that power back then though.

Spot

Yes, they should have been kicked out. I'm not sure what powers the administrator for the Ballarat district had back then?

There are other accusations about Pell and he is reported to have made "jokes" about priests buggering boys ... not a very nice person.

By whom?

I can't find the exact quote but it was in relation to Risdale I think ... where Pell was accused of saying : "What? has he been buggering boys again?" or words to that effect.

Might have been a piece referenced by David Marr?

What you mean is, that Pell was most probably 'verballed', by David Marr.

Yes ?

You too ..... a protector of abusers?

I abhor child sexual abuse.

Gnads,

Do you support LAWLESSNESS ?

Are you a part of, do you want to be a part of, a lynch mob ?

And/or, part of an angry mob, in order to deliver 'mob justice' ?

That is LAWLESS anarchy.

Proverbs 16:29
A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good.

Proverbs 22:24
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:
25  Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.

Proverbs 28:7
Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.

Proverbs 29:22
An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.

There was no lawlessness involved in this case.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #272 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:29pm

Johnnie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:40pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:30pm:
Johnnie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:26pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:20pm:
Johnnie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:51am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:25am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:20am:
Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:10am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:31pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:28pm:
Compensation? He was found guilty by a jury. Is Pell a victim of our justice system?

He's innocent.

Having you been paying attention?

Was he proven innocent or was the decision made on a technicality of law & a failure in the prosecutions case? Leaving no option but to dismiss/quash the decision?

I don't recall reading anything about innocence.

He doesn't need to be proven innocent. They need to prove him guilty.

Spot

Well that doesn't mean he's innocent either ..does it?

"The presumption of innocence is the legal principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty.

'presumed innocent' is very different to 'proven innocent'

Roll Eyes

Well how about putting the accuser on trial to prove he has been abused.

are you vying for some sort of idiot award?

So you just automatically assume the accuser is not a big fat liar because you want the Church to pay.

With the high number of abused children & the extraordinary number of paedo priests in the catholic church ... particularly in certain orders

I would rather believe the abused catholics than the lying, deceptive covering up cardinals, bishops, priests & brainwashed faithful.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #273 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:35pm

cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:12pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:10am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:31pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:28pm:
Compensation? He was found guilty by a jury. Is Pell a victim of our justice system?

He's innocent.

Having you been paying attention?

Was he proven innocent or was the decision made on a technicality of law & a failure in the prosecutions case? Leaving no option but to dismiss/quash the decision?

I don't recall reading anything about innocence.

why didnt they have an option to a re trial???...

if he had had a new trial  it would have been  innocent or guilty over and done with..........this way  its nothing really....it sure wont satisfy those who seek blood..

Roll Eyes It's called seeking justice for those whose lives have been ruined by the Catholic Church, it's inexcusable policies, it's hierarchy & priests covering up & the silent faithful who takes the churches side over everything.

These paedo priests weren't representatives or agents of God.

They were the further-est from it ... pure evil.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:47pm by Gnads »  

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #274 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:41pm

All here who 'know' that Pell is guilty, what information do you have that has not been made available to the court? If you know something then you really should go to the police rather than bleat about 'injustice' here.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #275 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:48pm

Belgarion wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:41pm:
All here who 'know' that Pell is guilty, what information do you have that has not been made available to the court? If you know something then you really should go to the police rather than bleat about 'injustice' here.

You directing that at me?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #276 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:00pm

sounds as if you're the one who's bleating

and by the way, what's your take on the Pope ditching his title of 'vicar of Christ'

and substituting his own name

?

Seems the cardinals etc. in Rome are extremely concerned about it

and by what it signifies

as to Pell

he's got one and a half feet in the grave already

soon to be worm food

a mortal man

who was party to the transferring of paedophile priests to one place after another

he'll burn

as a mortal man

as a sinner

courts caught him too late

as per usual

almost too late for him to clean his slate

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #277 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:06pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 12:58pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 12:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 12:27pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 4:17pm:

A decision of 'not guilty' is all that is available in Australia.  There is no verdict of 'innocent' available. 

therefore, he could not be found to be innocent. Which is what I've said all along

You well know that.  You are being argumentative.

You're the one arguing he was found innocent despite knowing no such verdict exists in Australia.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No,  there is no post of mine saying he was 'found innocent.'  There are posts of mine saying (in effect) because of the way things work here, as he starts off innocent, he remains so unless he is found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

now you're backtracking with semantics. When i said he wasn't 'found innocent', you disagreed. Wear it.

Post the exchange so there is context.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #278 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:11pm

who cares about semantics

Pell was the tall poppy sacrifice

thousands more like him remain

if anyone was serious about ending it

they'd be out there right now and throwing them in paddy wagons and cells and water filled quarries

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #279 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:28pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 1:48pm:

You directing that at me?

Not at you in particular, but at anyone who seems to think they are able to decide that someone is guilty of an offence and demand that person be punished without any information other than their own opinion.

I am no fan of the Catholic church, and the abuse cover ups are disgusting. However I have no personal knowledge of Pell's actions regarding the offences he was charged with and am willing to accept that the 7 High Court judges have examined all the evidence and decided the accusations do not stand up.

As I have mentioned before, there are those in the legal profession who would see jury trials abandoned altogether and that would be a very bad thing for our legal system, however the way people are carrying on about this and other high profile cases where they think they have more knowledge and/or have allowed their prejudices to pre-judge an accused person is an indication that these lawyers have a point in saying many members of the public are not able to be impartial if serving on a jury.   
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:56pm by Belgarion »  

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #280 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:34pm

What do you mean, 'without any information' ?

tons of information about Pell has been revealed

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #281 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:03pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:06pm:

A decision of 'not guilty' is all that is available in Australia.  There is no verdict of 'innocent' available. 

therefore, he could not be found to be innocent. Which is what I've said all along

You're the one arguing he was found innocent despite knowing no such verdict exists in Australia.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No,  there is no post of mine saying he was 'found innocent.'  There are posts of mine saying (in effect) because of the way things work here, as he starts off innocent, he remains so unless he is found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

now you're backtracking with semantics. When i said he wasn't 'found innocent', you disagreed. Wear it.

context? I said he wasn't found innocent, you disagreed. What more context do you want? It's in this thread if you want to look for it

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #282 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:19pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:03pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 2:06pm:

context? I said he wasn't found innocent, you disagreed. What more context do you want? It's in this thread if you want to look for it

This is what I said 'in this thread.'

Quote:
Mr Smith, you need to get back to the basic principle.  Until found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, an accused person is presumed to be an innocent person.  Ergo, Pell is innocent.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #283 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:23pm

if you weren't disagreeing with me that pell was not found innocent, what was the point of your comment?

Everyone knows you are presumed innocent. It was irrelevant to the conversation. You tried to be clever and it backfired. Now shut up about it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #284 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:25pm

Maybe we need our other lawyer Black Orchid to adjudicate on this!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36
Send Topic Print