Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Gen' Board tumbleweeds (Read 1822 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Gen' Board tumbleweeds
Reply #30 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:06am

You're right Lols.
Imagine if we were indeed back at 2005 or before.

The good thing about 2020 is that you can jump on the net and open your window and shout to the masses
"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!"
Angry

You can't do that at the moment conventionally. Open your normal window in an apartment and say that and your neighbours will spray you with Glen 20.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 10:09am

Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:06am:
You're right Lols.
Imagine if we were indeed back at 2005 or before.

The good thing about 2020 is that you can jump on the net and open your window and shout to the masses
"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!"
Angry

You can't do that at the moment conventionally. Open your normal window in an apartment and say that and your neighbours will spray you with Glen

PMSL 🤣 you’re such a funny guy that you don’t even realise it!😏
I was watching our celebs on tv commenting...Amanda Keller (From The Living Room) was mentioning about the funny memes. She is enjoying them too.
I think we all love them, so funny, creative and keeps the spirits up.

This morning I was thinking about our Doctors we have had over the ages, and one that had retired, and it occurred to me, no matter how much money they have, now can’t travel anywhere just like the rest of us.

Amazing isn’t it, what an equaliser this tiny little viral droplet can do to all.

What I love doing that keep me feeling okay, is humour and music on the internet.
And sending it to my kids and them sending me some in return.

Just sharing funnies.

Got to love that, we are all in the same predicament.

Yesterday, I had to get out of my PJs and into normal clothes 😏 to go pay my account to the dentist, as they are only open one day week now due to restrictions.
I went to the local shopping centre to see what’s happening, all so eerily empty of people, clothes stores shut, all chairs removed.
I went into Big W and as I was walking around a corner, a young lady walked from behind that corner, we nearly collided, we both froze and jumped a metre away from each other, I couldn’t help myself and laughed, she had a chuckle also.

You know, I realised we are all made to feel like every human is toxic to be near. How sad. I hope this bs ends soon and we can all be okay with each other again. Hope it doesn’t effect some people permanently.
In Woolies there was a check out man, new, never seen him before, very elderly. I spoke to him about my daughter in law starting her check out job in Coles the day before. Remembering what she said about people seeming stressed and not wanting to talk.
But I talked 👍 and he asked me what hours she did. I told him all about it.
Crack a joke or two, the lady waiting to be served next, had on her homemade tiger print mask, was smiling at me (can tell by the eyes) and after I packed my foodstuff, the elderly guy thanked me... (must have been for friendly talkativeness)

So there, do not equate “social distance” as being unfriendly and if fact, I despise the words “social distancing” it should be “physical distancing” !!

Well, that was my social big day out in a week! 😂

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:11pm

Well written and thankyou.

I recommend you read the Asimov series from the early Robot sub-series to the Elijah Baley and then finally the great Foundation sub-series.

Throw in Hyperion and Hyperion's Fall by Dan Simmons from the late 80's - early 90's.

And you'll soon see that there are some of us who do know what is going on and why. Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 5:18pm

Captain Nemo wrote Today at 11:21am:
Recession is a certainty ... let's hope that a depression will be avoided though.

JaSun wrote Today at 25:03:
They are finally saying a Depression will come.

I think it happened the moment the Virus hit the world stage.
Everything dropped like never before.
And the Great Depression (1) before this - didn't have major trade shut down entirely beyond what is essential to the current need.

This is going to be far worse than the Great Depression, even though there will be a peak period of productivity halfway up the graph when the Virus is conquered as everyone gets out and celebrates a bit. But the long term damage is apparent. Time stopped for the world, due to the Virus (The Shrike). In a way, a piece of our existence 'died' to the Virus. We'll never get it back. All this because all that we could do was to slow the virus down until it ran out of time itself (to spread)

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:32pm

It's the depression we had to have.  Shocked

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:40pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:32pm:

Take up Scuba Diving, go down to the Rapture of the Deep and you will be
Beyond
the
Blue
. It's a Portal to another life, where the majority of all life on the planet - exists.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:43pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:40pm:

Beyond
the
Blue
. It's a Portal to another life, where the majority of all life on the planet - exists.

I've always wanted to go in one of those mini subs like Attenborough does.
I love the ocean. We all came from it....and slowly we're all heading back to it.....whether we like it or not.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:46pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:43pm:
Jasin wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 7:40pm:

Beyond
the
Blue

I've always wanted to go in one of those mini subs like Attenborough does.
I love the ocean. We all came from it....and slowly we're all heading back to it.....whether we like it or not.

Totally cool thing to say! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Apr 13th, 2020 at 5:11pm

All things Moslem and Aboriginal (both point to Africa) are on the back burner since Corona Virus infected this Forum.

Should we be wearing masks while typing FD?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 11:49pm

Hello. My name is Hans Enhancer from Hans Enhancer's Hair Enhancements. Would you like your hair enhanced?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 12:52pm

Good to see this Forum going great guns of late and the 'Borings' from Monkey Mania PA forum are mostly ignored these days. Aussie is quiet, Mothra can only cope with 5 posts before giving up and Smith is crying in the corner somewhere. Pecca just answers his own posts, so we let him go with it.

They've been left behind. Cool

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #41 - Apr 21st, 2020 at 2:13am

..this weed's on fire... rolling down the road....... just notify my next of kin, this weed will explode......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #42 - Apr 21st, 2020 at 2:15am

Jasin wrote on Apr 17th, 2020 at 11:49pm:
Hello. My name is Hans Enhancer from Hans Enhancer's Hair Enhancements. Would you like your hair enhanced?

Would you like your ears pierced?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #43 - Apr 21st, 2020 at 5:52am

Binge-watching "Future Man". Will let you know on other forums how it turns out.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Apr 21st, 2020 at 11:28am

I’m knee deep in crumpled papers doing the tax.
I keep distracting myself from doing it but have to, a deadline to meet.

I hate this tax bs. I thought since the Magna Carta, this shyte was illegal?

Apart from being busy at home, Im starting to feel Amish 😂

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print