Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Workplace responsibility (Read 1241 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Workplace responsibility
Apr 4th, 2020 at 5:29pm

Does anyone know what right or authority a supervisor has to tell you that you are not allowed to give workplace advice to a colleague?

I had a few teenage co-workers who were facebooking after their shift had finished. When I overheard one of them saying that a co-worker had made a message request regarding work. I asked if that was work-related. But, I did not get an answer.

Another co-worker asked if they are not allowed to use their phones after work. I told them that it was okay to use their phones, since their shifts had finished. A supervisor, having heard me say this, told me that it was "not my place to say" in regards to workplace policy.

Because the supervisor that 'reprimanded' me was not an employer, I felt that he had no right to tell me what to do or what I could say during my end of shift.

Do I have the right to answer a co-worker's question, even if I am not a supervisor at the workplace?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Workplace responsibility
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 5:33pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 5:29pm:
Does anyone know what right or authority a supervisor has to tell you that you are not allowed to give workplace advice to a colleague?

I had a few teenage co-workers who were facebooking after their shift had finished. When I overheard one of them saying that a co-worker had made a message request regarding work. I asked if that was work-related. But, I did not get an answer.

Another co-worker asked if they are not allowed to use their phones after work. I told them that it was okay to use their phones, since their shifts had finished. A supervisor, having heard me say this, told me that it was "not my place to say" in regards to workplace policy.

Because the supervisor that 'reprimanded' me was not an employer, I felt that he had no right to tell me what to do or what I could say during my end of shift.

Do I have the right to answer a co-worker's question, even if I am not a supervisor at the workplace?

Of course you do.

It's not something I would push, though.

I'd forget about it, and move on.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 2:56pm

It's your ethical duty Unsubrocky to give an answer to any 'workplace' question asked of you by a co-worker.  Those that are ethically sound work the best. It's almost a WH&S issue that all information, knowledge and experience be passed on between workers. Although you are not a Supervisor, any question asked expecting that level of info etc - should be advised to go ask the Supervisor.

This is why I can get a lot of my jobs up front and in person without even an appointment to an interview. They know I am ethically sound and a few other things. They hire me to show their workers 'how' to work. Some take a few months, other bigger places take a few years.

I'm a Confederate Worker too. So if I don't get my over-time. I don't run to the Union. I go see the Secretary at least once a week for an hour.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:59am

I guess I cannot wait until Monday morning to get an answer to an email I posted to workplace on Friday night/Saturday morning. I was expecting to get an answer the first thing in the morning, on a Saturday. But, they are working 5 days a week organisation, it seems.

Some managers are ridiculous. A job I had previously had a manager who had a real narcissistic personality disorder. If he made an allegation against you, your objection is not noted. But, if he wanted to harass his younger workers inappropriately, it is his right as a senior member of the workplace.

That is the background that irritates me with recent issues. The whole "You can not say that. You are not a supervisor" restrictions, that a shift runner has decided to put in place, is something that re-opens old wounds.

I will wait for any answer from workplace before I take any further action, advising my employer about a potential problem. I might even ask a moderator to delete this topic, too.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:04pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:59am:
I guess I cannot wait until Monday morning to get an answer to an email I posted to workplace on Friday night/Saturday morning. I was expecting to get an answer the first thing in the morning, on a Saturday. But, they are working 5 days a week organisation, it seems.

Some managers are ridiculous. A job I had previously had a manager who had a real narcissistic personality disorder. If he made an allegation against you, your objection is not noted. But, if he wanted to harass his younger workers inappropriately, it is his right as a senior member of the workplace.

That is the background that irritates me with recent issues. The whole "You can not say that. You are not a supervisor" restrictions, that a shift runner has decided to put in place, is something that re-opens old wounds.

I will wait for any answer from workplace before I take any further action, advising my employer about a potential problem. I might even ask a moderator to delete this topic, too.

No don't delete this. It will work well for you as you brain storm this out.

You've got a tough one there. I've seen at least a few like that in my time. Nasty stuff. Very powerful. But if you knock one of these over - you 'Level Up'.
The fact that he abuses his position, shows he will be a hard thing to move. You'll need an Abalone Knife and know how to extract a Crayfish properly.
You basically have to find what his 'common abuse' is among younger staff. Hone in on that one and set up a typical scenario to have him entrapped committing it with video evidence and a witness of legal importance seeing it.
Even better is to be good enough catching him with such evidence doing it to one victim as he normally would.

For $10,000+ you can have him 'removed' in an... accident.

His weakness is his background. You need to get to know about him real good. The fact that he will hold your 'comments' against you in reserve - shows you he is hiding something. Something you know is wrong. You need to start making not of who he is and what he does?? He's hiding a weakness.

Before long. He'll be...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:39pm

JaSin......do not post crap about taking people out for $10,000.00 or any other amount.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:45pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:39pm:
JaSin......do not post crap about taking people out for $10,000.00 or any other amount.

I think he is on the turps by his response to me in the nurses abuse topic!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:55pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:45pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 3:39pm:

I think he is on the turps by his response to me in the nurses abuse topic!

Oh diddums.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 8:15pm

I suppose that this topic is not really right to be on a chat forum. I have not named my workplace or previous workplaces or given out my identity to be reprimanded from my workplaces. But I think I need to see this topic removed, anyway.

Can a moderator please delete this topic. Especially in light of Jasin's comments.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:13pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 8:15pm:
I suppose that this topic is not really right to be on a chat forum. I have not named my workplace or previous workplaces or given out my identity to be reprimanded from my workplaces. But I think I need to see this topic removed, anyway.

Can a moderator please delete this topic. Especially in light of Jasin's comments.

Wot?!
The thanks I get sometimes. Sheesh. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:40pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:13pm:

Wot?!

Jasin, I got fired for making an objection about my co-worker to a facebook post in my timeline. A co-worker caught sight of what I wrote and reported me to the manager of the workplace. I was fired the very next night. As it was, my comments were fair, as said so by the FWA people. But, if I indicated anywhere that I worked at a certain place or mentioned a certain co-worker, then I was in breech of social media restrictions in the workplace.

YOU, however, are implying that I undertake illegal activities in order to get justice against someone. I am already aware of what kind of rights and responsibilities I have in regards to how I deal with another person. YOU, Jasin, however do not have that understanding.

I would suggest that if you were serious about your own legal, financial and physical safety, you do not post anymore comments of condoning illegal activities. This topic is likely to be removed anyway.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 12:04am

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:40pm:
Jasin wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:13pm:

Wot?!

Jasin, I got fired for making an objection about my co-worker to a facebook post in my timeline. A co-worker caught sight of what I wrote and reported me to the manager of the workplace. I was fired the very next night. As it was, my comments were fair, as said so by the FWA people. But, if I indicated anywhere that I worked at a certain place or mentioned a certain co-worker, then I was in breech of social media restrictions in the workplace.

YOU, however, are implying that I undertake illegal activities in order to get justice against someone. I am already aware of what kind of rights and responsibilities I have in regards to how I deal with another person. YOU, Jasin, however do not have that understanding.

I would suggest that if you were serious about your own legal, financial and physical safety, you do not post anymore comments of condoning illegal activities. This topic is likely to be removed anyway.

Did you just threaten me on a Forum with financial assault among others?
Not impressed. You sound like a bit of a standover man yourself. Maybe you and that other fellow you despise are like attracts like - like two wrongs not making a right.

I think I'll scurry away now and print out after this post, this Topic - of you putting yourself out here, then trying to turn the screw on anyone who answers you in the hope to exploit.
God knows the internet has enough Scammers. Does OzPol really need one?
Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2020 at 12:16am by Jasin »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 1:18am

Quote:
You've got a tough one there. I've seen at least a few like that in my time. Nasty stuff. Very powerful. But if you knock one of these over - you 'Level Up'.
The fact that he abuses his position, shows he will be a hard thing to move. You'll need an Abalone Knife and know how to extract a Crayfish properly.
You basically have to find what his 'common abuse' is among younger staff. Hone in on that one and set up a typical scenario to have him entrapped committing it with video evidence and a witness of legal importance seeing it.
Even better is to be good enough catching him with such evidence doing it to one victim as he normally would.

For $10,000+ you can have him 'removed' in an... accident.

His weakness is his background. You need to get to know about him real good. The fact that he will hold your 'comments' against you in reserve - shows you he is hiding something. Something you know is wrong. You need to start making not of who he is and what he does?? He's hiding a weakness.

Highlighted is what you wrote. I did not write that. Quoted is what you wrote. I did not write that. Police can arrest people for comments over the internet. I figure (and hope) you are joking about soliciting murder. But, you can be questioned about the comments. It is not like facebook and online forum comments can't follow you around for the rest of your life. Because you are not 16 years old, anymore... (I think).

I wrote what I wrote in an earlier post to point out my motivation for being angry at someone else over-reaching their authority. It was not for you to try and butt-in with stupid comments that could lead to legal charges made against you. The police and courts have no sense of humour when it comes to even joking about harming someone.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:51am

There is no need.  JaSin has been rebuked, and I am not about to bury evidence.  You have appropriately distanced your self and dissociated your self from his stupid remark.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 11:46am

Considering that it was 'well known' many decades ago to be $10,000 starting. The figure it is actually known at today would easily make my comment out-dated and incorrect.
I was wrong in thinking you would know this.

Aussie meet Unsubrocky.
Unsubrocky meet Aussie.
Both of you can play tighten the screw together. Now that I have experienced it from you both only. Like attracts Like.
Me? Nah - I can't be tied down and gagged like that.
Sorry, but I don't play that game.
You're just a dirty rotter in my books now Unsubrocky who deserves everything he gets in the workplace and nothing from a Court of Law.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print