Send Topic Print
Arvo Run (Read 563 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Arvo Run
Apr 1st, 2020 at 3:55pm

Why do people find it so hard to do the right thing?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Arvo Run
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:17pm

So stupid people go out jogging?  Cheesy

All that polluted air Gordo and you want to go out and suck more of it in at exerted level?
Autopsies on Jogger's lungs around the world have found many 'City' Joggers have lungs just as black as life Smokers.
When is the last time you 'squeezed your sponges'?  Huh
You should have taken your slingshot so you could pelt them on the run from your more natural setting like playing Space Invaders.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:29pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:17pm:

All that polluted air Gordo and you want to go out and suck more of it in at exerted level?
Autopsies on Jogger's lungs around the world have found many 'City' Joggers have lungs just as black as life Smokers.
You should have taken your slingshot so you could pelt them on the run from your more natural setting like playing Space Invaders.

Usually I do the coast run and deep cleanse my lungs with salt air, but I'm trying to stay away from the coronapackers.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:38pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:29pm:

Usually I do the coast run and deep cleanse my lungs with salt air, but I'm trying to stay away from the coronapackers.

Grin Grin
Ever try the Mt Druitt run? Think Storm Water system.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:43pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:38pm:

Grin Grin

I went to a netball comp in Blacktown once, a dirty stowmwater drain runs along side it, fully expected to see a body or 3 floating past.

BTW the air quality is better than it's ever been. At least we have one thing to thank #f*ckchina for.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 6:51pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:43pm:

Grin Grin

I went to a netball comp in Blacktown once, a dirty stowmwater drain runs along side it, fully expected to see a body or 3 floating past.

BTW the air quality is better than it's ever been. At least we have one thing to thank #f*ckchina for.

See! With F*uck China#. The World becomes a better place. Wink Cool

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 7:16pm

Did you get lost Gordy?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 8:26pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:43pm:

Grin Grin

I knew a guy from out west that way who was frightened of the ocean, refused to swim in any body of water that didn't have a rusted Holden.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:17pm

It looks like you run around Australia.
Something weird going on up in the pillbra area......and you swim across the bite but avoid Adelaide however all in all it looks like an outline of Australia.  Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:20pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:17pm:
Something weird going on up in the pillbra area......and you swim across the bite but avoid Adelaide however all in all it looks like an outline of Australia.  Grin

Ok. Man, I know you been smokin that gunja calypso.  Shocked

If you go out for a run, the Police will chase after you. Some people like that.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 1:20am

Lockdown Hounds and I always get a jog at the end of their walk..... the old, fat one is rubber-legged by the end, and still has to lose weight... a fine figure of two dogs..... especially when he steals the other dog's food....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 1:21am

Jasin wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:20pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:17pm:

Ok. Man, I know you been smokin that gunja calypso.  Shocked

If you go out for a run, the Police will chase after you. Some people like that.

Just another day at the office, eh?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:38am

My 4km route is realistically a walk for me. One night, I was starting my walk. The first 100m of the journey had me seeing this police car (dog squad) race passed me, lights on. Two other police cars followed 30 seconds later as I crossed the street. I made my way towards the highway. A police car sat waiting at the end of the road, watching for people. Another police car was parked at the next street entrance 200m down the road. I crossed the overpass and walked down the highway.

About halfway down the highway, I must have been spotted by the officers at the second street entrance. They raced down the highway to do a u-turn (emergency lights) through a red light to come back and talk to me at the side of the highway. It was something to do with a break-in. But, it seems weird to have 5 police cars patrol a suburb, unless it involved an assailant with a deadly weapon. I managed to get stopped for an identity check only 400m from home.

As of February this year, I made a condition of my walks that anytime I see an emergency vehicle that I have to jog 200m. That night, I think that I accumulated 2 kilometres worth of jogging distance that I have still yet to redeem.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:43am

If there is a chance of catching the perp on the run the cops will descend, even if it is only a petty crime. Someone probably reported a break-in in progress.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:53am

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 6:43am:
If there is a chance of catching the perp on the run the cops will descend, even if it is only a petty crime. Someone probably reported a break-in in progress.

Yes. Cops get excited when they see people running from them. Like turning your back on a Lion or Tiger. I can see Gordo getting spear tackled from behind soon. Handcuffed, taken to an isolation cell. Given a cup of tea and told "Sorry old Chap. We thought you were on 'the run'."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print