Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: The fun-police state
Reply #30 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:09am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 8:59am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 8:46am:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 8:45am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 8:40am:
You people can't be trusted to just obey simple requests, so of course we need fun police.

Of course no one would follow simple instructions if they're inconvenient... That's human nature... More than just human nature, actually, its animal nature.

INconvenient or not, they're required

OK.... A law is meaningless is it is not enforced or enforceable... Same goes for instructions.

True, I noticed that Vic has ordered fines

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:10am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:09am:
You people can't be trusted to just obey simple requests, so of course we need fun police.

Of course no one would follow simple instructions if they're inconvenient... That's human nature... More than just human nature, actually, its animal nature.

OK.... A law is meaningless is it is not enforced or enforceable... Same goes for instructions.

True, I noticed that Vic has ordered fines

Same in WA.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:29am

Spot checks and using face time, by the Police, on people that were supposed to be self isolating, have shown just how belligerent some people are to ignore that guideline, to self isolate, to be given the trust to do so.

12 people in Victoria, for instance, were not home when police did a spot check.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/coronavirus-australia-victoria-po...

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:59am

Sophia wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:29am:
Spot checks and using face time, by the Police, on people that were supposed to be self isolating, have shown just how belligerent some people are to ignore that guideline, to self isolate, to be given the trust to do so.

12 people in Victoria, for instance, were not home when police did a spot check.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/coronavirus-australia-victoria-po...

Yes ... that's the same attitude they displayed by leaving the country for OS holidays/cruises after this virus was well & truly a global issue.

Ignorant & arrogant pharking idiots.

That even goes for that Melbourne Doctor Chris Higgins .... who failed to show any common sense & err on the side of caution after he returned from OS.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 10:22am

Gnads wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:59am:

Yes ... that's the same attitude they displayed by leaving the country for OS holidays/cruises after this virus was well & truly a global issue.

That even goes for that Melbourne Doctor Chris Higgins .... who failed to show any common sense & err on the side of caution after he returned from OS.

Yes, in the affluent area of Toorak, where apparently those affluent rich areas have the highest amount of infections.
When it was asked about why these areas were more effected, in some news interview, the answer totally avoided mention of that doctor, whom had seen 70 patients.

It seems to me it’s almost taboo to mention his name Roll Eyes

Just brush it under the carpet, shoosh now 🤭

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 5:23pm

Gnads wrote on Mar 30th, 2020 at 9:59am:

people I know have just come back from a 21 day Norwegian  cruise.....he would have to be over 70....

a man in isolation has been picked up by police 4 TIMES hes been all over the place......the police chief is furious

I hope they lock him up.... 

then we have the mod flown in and put in good hotels  whining about the time their breakfast is delivered..

oh its so hard on the children......as if! Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 5:25pm

Police and the ADF are actually door knocking and walking the streets.. issuing fines.....

WELL DONE GUYS.....its the idiots that make us all pay..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:03pm

Apparently fishing is officially back on.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:08pm

freediver wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:03pm:
Apparently fishing is officially back on.

QLD just closed ours down.
Well boating is. You can kayak but no boats.  Angry
Can't even go out by yourself in a boat.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:22pm

I think that has just been over-ruled.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:29pm

Well FD.
How about we run this Country 'Castro' style.
We knock our Political empowerment down a few notches and become Communist (Egalitarian-like Wink) but raise our Medical empowerment up to give our people an extra 20-30 years longer (than the USA average) life from a 'Stress Free' country and good Health?

The West has a 'subordinated' Medical Industry in the face of the empowerment of Politics. This is the best you get
"Wash your hands and stay at home."
- the typical life of a subordinate Health Worker afraid of catching germs from people.
This is the life a lot of them live - some because they have to... working in Operating Theatres where the chance of infection can be high if performed in a busy shopping mall.

You don't like it the way it is? Well would you prefer New Zealand's style next door in Big Brother Oceania?
Maybe the other side with South Africa? Can you imagine what it would be like to do the Australian style in South Africa? Do you think those hordes of clicking Xhosians are going to 'stay home'? Hunger will drive them out.

...and it's Hunger that will make you drive out and disobey the laws.
Desperate times ahead in the Year of Living Dangerously.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:29pm

freediver wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:22pm:

Man I hope you're right.
I couldn't believe it.
You can go to work with 50 other people but you can't go fishing by yourself?
Ludicrous.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:31pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:29pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:22pm:

Man I hope you're right.
I couldn't believe it.
You can go to work with 50 other people but you can't go fishing by yourself?
Ludicrous.

It's just another example of Govt. blunders -
they make policy on the run.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #43 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:34pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:29pm:
Well FD.
We knock our Political empowerment down a few notches and become Communist (Egalitarian-like Wink) but raise our Medical empowerment up to give our people an extra 20-30 years longer (than the USA average) life from a 'Stress Free' country and good Health?

The West has a 'subordinated' Medical Industry in the face of the empowerment of Politics. This is the best you get
- the typical life of a subordinate Health Worker afraid of catching germs from people.
This is the life a lot of them live - some because they have to... working in Operating Theatres where the chance of infection can be high if performed in a busy shopping mall.

You don't like it the way it is? Well would you prefer New Zealand's style next door in Big Brother Oceania?
Maybe the other side with South Africa? Can you imagine what it would be like to do the Australian style in South Africa? Do you think those hordes of clicking Xhosians are going to 'stay home'? Hunger will drive them out.

Yes. I am all out of Spanish Mackerel. I had to resort to buying Barramundi for $10/kg on the weekend.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:35pm

freediver wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:34pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 6:29pm:
Well FD.

Yes. I am all out of Spanish Mackerel. I had to resort to buying Barramundi for $10/kg on the weekend.

The farmed rubbish?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Send Topic Print