Send Topic Print
Wifi Extender (Read 6770 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Wifi Extender
Reply #30 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 11:02pm

After reading Gordon's post - I bought a couple of D-Links and the internet is working just fine now... fast and no drop-outs so far.... bastard for an old guy to crawl under the desk to fit them up though.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 13th, 2020 at 9:50am

Smart Wi-Fi Repeater Fixes Slow Wi-Fi And Boosts Your Home Wi-Fi Speeds Instantly... (It’s Genius!)
May 11th, 2020 | Sebastian Herman

"Don’t pay your internet provider any more money each month! Just plug in SUPERBOOST and watch your wifi signal blast off anywhere you want!" - SuperBoost inventor Jason L.

It's a huge aggravation when you try to watch Netflix, YouTube or Amazon streaming services, but all you get is an annoying loading bar that drives you crazy with waiting for your movie!

Or you try to send attachments or photos through email and the upload takes forever. Or even worse, your photo bounces back because it took so long to send it.

Even our editorial department suffers from these weak Wi-Fi problems. We’re in a big office with a few floors and brick walls, and we have large areas where the signal is weak. And we even had a professional WIFI installation!

Our tech expert read the specs on SUPERBOOST AND TOLD US IT SOUNDED GREAT!

We ordered one and tested it intensively. I will tell you right now: WE GOT FAST, STRONG, FIVE BAR INTERNET WIFI EVERYWHERE IN THE OFFICE, AS SOON AS WE PLUGGED IN SUPERBOOST!

Read the full story here

https://www.elitegadgetsonline.com/en/pre-3a.html?iep=true&loader=1&fomo=1&Affid...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #32 - May 13th, 2020 at 8:59pm

I'm disappointed Juliar, it's not like you to do a copy/paste of a paid for article, it's what a recognised paid for shill would do. You usually eloquently argue your position with facts and an understanding of the topic. I hope to see you get back to your usual thought provoking posts with your customary alacrity fully intact in the future.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #33 - May 13th, 2020 at 9:22pm

Setanta wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 8:59pm:
I'm disappointed Juliar, it's not like you to do a copy/paste of a paid for article, it's what a recognised paid for shill would do. You usually eloquently argue your position with facts and an understanding of the topic. I hope to see you get back to your usual thought provoking posts with your customary alacrity fully intact in the future.

Hi Set,
I'll let you in on a rumor - but don't tell anyone else - OK?

it is that Juliar is a paid shill of the Liberal party
and gets $5 per post!
Juliar has such services available to anyone
or any company that will pay.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #34 - May 13th, 2020 at 9:52pm

Bobby. wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 9:22pm:
Setanta wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 8:59pm:

Hi Set,
I'll let you in on a rumor - but don't tell anyone else - OK?

it is that Juliar is a paid shill of the Liberal party
and gets $5 per post!
Juliar has such services available to anyone
or any company that will pay.

Um, so every post I wanna jam up him will only cost $5? Sounds like a bargain.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - May 13th, 2020 at 10:06pm

Come on Set -
I'm sure Juliar is not a bad bloke when you get to know him.

I wish I could get $5 per post - I'd be rich.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #36 - May 13th, 2020 at 10:15pm

Bobby. wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 10:06pm:
Come on Set -

$232,160 for all your time spent here is not rich Bobby. Juliar's posts at 50c@post might feed it's self in Calcutta.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - May 13th, 2020 at 10:17pm

Setanta wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 10:15pm:
Come on Set -

$232,160 for all your time spent here is not rich Bobby. Juliar's posts at 50c@post might feed it's self in Calcutta.

It would still be more than you get for your posts.   Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #38 - May 13th, 2020 at 10:42pm

Bobby. wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 10:17pm:
Setanta wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 10:15pm:
Come on Set -

It would still be more than you get for your posts.   Grin

Bobby. My posts are class! There is no price you can put on them, they are art. When I die people will frame them. You should take screenshots now and store them safely. Hand them down to your kids, nieces and nephews.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #39 - May 14th, 2020 at 12:04am

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/tp-link-ac750-wireless-range-e...

I got this cheap one.

I would not recommend it but it is ok.

I was in the same position one of my computers was at the front of house and working ok not great. I had to relocate and moved to the diagonally opposite corner of the house to the router. My speed dropped to about 5 M and really struggled with zoom meetings etc.

This device increased the speed to 40M /20M Which is fairly good.

Negatives 1) it runs just a bit hot for my liking I suspect that this will impact its life expectancy and 2 gets the occasional drop out. I may be able to solve that by running it a bit slower.

Overall its fine but I suspect you can get better for a similar price. There are about 3 different types some are more difficult to configure.

The really supper fast ones are a waste in Australia because no internet service can provide the speed they can run at.

The one I have appears as a separate network point with a different extension to the main router added to the name but uses pass through authentication - same pass-code.

Luck.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 14th, 2020 at 12:40pm

Dnarever wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 12:04am:
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/tp-link-ac750-wireless-range-e...

I got this cheap one.

I would not recommend it but it is ok.

I was in the same position one of my computers was at the front of house and working ok not great. I had to relocate and moved to the diagonally opposite corner of the house to the router. My speed dropped to about 5 M and really struggled with zoom meetings etc.

This device increased the speed to 40M /20M Which is fairly good.

Negatives 1) it runs just a bit hot for my liking I suspect that this will impact its life expectancy and 2 gets the occasional drop out. I may be able to solve that by running it a bit slower.

Overall its fine but I suspect you can get better for a similar price. There are about 3 different types some are more difficult to configure.

The really supper fast ones are a waste in Australia because no internet service can provide the speed they can run at.

The one I have appears as a separate network point with a different extension to the main router added to the name but uses pass through authentication - same pass-code.

Luck.

I ended up getting a similar one. Works great. It's solved any problems I had.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 2:00pm

Gosh you jokers are ungrateful.

I put you onto a good easy power line WiFi extender and you are cranky because you did not think of it yourself.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 8th, 2020 at 8:11am

Now Telstra has a good WiFi extender.

Wi-Fi Boosters, Wi-Fi extenders
Switch to wall to wall Wi-Fi coverage. Guaranteed.
Got a hard to reach Wi-Fi spot? Add a new Telstra Smart Wi-Fi Booster with our Wi-Fi Guarantee for $12 a month. Only from Telstra.

Min cost $288 plus internet charges. Telstra nbn™ customers only.

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/extras/wifi-extender?tc=G%7cBMM%7cD%7cTC%7cT...

WiFi extenders - take your pick.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print