Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
COVID-19 Deniers, BAN THEM? (Read 7967 times)
SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: COVID-19 Deniers, BAN THEM?
Reply #45 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:32am

freediver wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 7:32am:
So you were not serious about banning them?

What if certain people take your misinformation seriously?

So you again are too cowardly to answer the question, or is this your answer?

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to know the stance of the forum on this matter.  Is "fake news" about the virus, something that could put lives at risk, something you care about or not?
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:40am by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #46 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:35am

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 7:54am:
One of the other discussion board groups has broadcast a policy regarding misinformation about COVID-19.

I think it is a good idea to get rid of the misinformation.

Their policy looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/2XaAQJZ.jpg

As you are undoubtedly aware, the world is facing an unprecedented emergency with COVID-19 and the situation is rapidly evolving.

Recently there have been some discussions on this forum relating to this crisis, including some posts which contained misinformation. The health and safety of our employees, customers, and the public at large is our utmost priority. We strongly encourage you to follow the recommendations of experts in your area and around the world.

Relying on accurate information is paramount to successfully overcoming this global pandemic. We will not tolerate the propagation of misinformation on our platform which could result in serious consequences for the public at large. If you see any false information posted on a ProBoards forum, report it to us here. Further, on our Support Forum we will not tolerate information from non-authoritative sources.

The following links can help you find information about COVID-19 and social distancing:

World Health Organization (WHO)
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

US CDC
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

EU CDC
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china

John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Harvard Health
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/be-careful-where-you-get-your-news-about-cor...

Simulations: Flattening the curve with social distancing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

At ProBoards, we are committed to continuing to provide our services without interruption. Our employees began working from home as of last week. We are exercising extreme caution to help contain the spread of this disease by practicing appropriate social distancing. Our staff will continue to be available as normal, and forums should experience no interruptions.

Online communities will prove crucial in the coming days and weeks as society introduces social distancing. Platforms such as ours will ensure continued community engagement in both a safe and responsible manner.

We have a difficult time ahead of all of us. If you are able to, please consider white-listing us if you use an ad-blocker, or subscribe to PB+. This global downturn will no doubt cause significant impact to the financial health of companies around the world. Your help is sincerely appreciated in helping to support us while we continue to support you through this time.

Thank you for being a member of ProBoards. Please be safe, stay healthy, and we will all come through this together.

Nemo, thank you for not being a tard like me and all alarmist and actually getting my point across properly.  This is exactly what I was trying to ask, is OzPolitic going to do something like this to stop the spread of dangerous misinformation?

It can be dumped in the Fringe or the Mods can remove it, ban repeat offenders, whatever, I don't care, it would just be nice to know what the stance is.

Thanks Nemo, you're better than I at this.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:39am

I think your point was good and I'm supportive of it and just trying to add another perspective to it.

We really do need to take this virus seriously and those contributing "tripe" to the subject ought to stop and think about what they are doing.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #48 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:39am

it_is_the_light wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:02am:
COV19 is a total hoax and man made false flag ..

Under Hillary everyone would be getting forced vaccinations by now .

Yet the Whitehats have turned the tables and are using this former agenda to mass arrests

One of the first will be

Lol of course you are saying this...

I should have scrolled down before replying with this,

SadKangaroo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:30am:
Next you'll reveal yourself to be one of the people posting false information about the virus too I bet...

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 9:45am

SadKangaroo wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 8:32am:
I don't think it's an unreasonable request to know the stance of the forum on this matter.

there is your problem. You're expecting 'reasonable' from FD. Forget it, it's beyond him.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #50 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 9:48am

John Smith wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 9:45am:
I don't think it's an unreasonable request to know the stance of the forum on this matter.

there is your problem. You're expecting 'reasonable' from FD. Forget it, it's beyond him.

I just read the Bondi covid thread, I think you're right.

My bad. 

I guess we've got an answer after all.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #51 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 9:50am

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to know the stance of the forum on this matter.  Is "fake news" about the virus, something that could put lives at risk, something you care about or not?

You can forget humanity allowing an abuser such as you are

To be the arbiter of real news and or fake news .

So you should get familiar and used to that fact , yet either way

Keep on truckin

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #52 - Mar 23rd, 2020 at 10:22am

it_is_the_light wrote on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 9:50am:

You can forget humanity allowing an abuser such as you are

To be the arbiter of real news and or fake news .

So you should get familiar and used to that fact , yet either way

Keep on truckin

Thanks for your input, treating it with the usual level of seriousness.

IP Logged

Cofgod
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bolton, Great Britain
Reply #53 - Jun 19th, 2020 at 5:09am

What virus?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Jun 19th, 2020 at 7:59pm

USA offers 'too much Freedom' of Speech and other things like the 'right' to bear arms. But that might help them fight hostiles like China who wants to turn North America back to the Yellow Man with the help of their Hispanics and those Africans via the Media which is undermining the nation's President at every opportunity because Politics is no longer under their control (which probably allowed China to prosper all those decades with the USA not full-filling its full potential). Though the C.I.A might cut a deal with the Media and help get rid of Trump. There will be more than riots if that happens. Conspiracy or Truth will be a mixed basket of nuts for a squirrel.

Australia is somewhat more disciplined with its convictions since a Penal Colony was set up here.

If such Corona 'Hoax' claims are made, then - like the USA, we accept them as a part of the big picture? Or, like Australia we keep such behind bars? The Quiet Achievers have just had their Arts and Humanity subjects increased in Fees by 113%.
I bet the Artists of Australia will come together to form an Artists Independent Industry of immense wealth beyond the reach of the Australian Political Industry's grasp. Never looking to see what's behind the picture.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #55 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 8:45am

Now we have a new spike of the virus in Victoria! Worries me—I have to drive to Pt Melbourne to drive on to the Spirit of Tasmania late September. Want nothing to get in the way of that!

Some careless idiots let that happen! Glad to see the massive compulsory testing regime!

Tassie will open its borders on July 25 (according to an email from Spirit of Tasmania.)

I have had a Corona Virus test. Is OK—but when they twirl the cotton bud shoved right up your nose—it burns it burns!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print