Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should the ADF investigate war crimes in Afghanistan?

Yes    
  11 (57.9%)
No    
  8 (42.1%)

Total votes: 19
« Created by: Brian Ross on: Mar 20th, 2020 at 2:53pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
SASR and War Crimes? (Read 13508 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: SASR and War Crimes?
Reply #105 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:22am

Just started reading 'Operation Snakebite' - alluded to previously in references to Scots Guards - and the author virtually starts off by saying that civilian casualties were under-reported.

This is becoming sadder and sadder by the moment.

Bring The Boys Home!

And please stop attempting to feminise the military* - it will not work. Woman defence minister and her friend/acolyte being the heir apparent to the throne of the Veterans suicide commissioner.... Jesus - just Jesus.  Royal Commission  FIRST - then follow recommendations of come up with a BETTER one!!  This time of pampering sheilas in every walk of life has had its day - time to be truly WOKE and get back to real equal treatment.

Last news was thirteen serving SAS members given notices - that means they can either accept it or go to a full review/possible court martial to arrive at a definitive answer.

Some might throw up their hands in disgust and simply leave and head straight to DVA for benefits, but that would leave a stain on them forever in the eyes of the public.  My experience is that the facts are better made fully available.  I will guarantee you that every single person issuing one of these notices will have been compromised in the same way - it happens to cops a lot - faced with the choice of supporting your mate or throwing him/her to the wolves, they invariably choose to support.  It's part of the 'culture' and women are not exempt - look at the women police who perjure themselves in support of wrongdoing.

* Still waiting for some idiot to come up with a comment that 'no women were involved in murders etc, so women are better for the job' - Jayzuz - women are not committed to direct combat operations, FCS... but that won't stop the zealots, who will do a JaSin for us and tell us (like the bushfires) that if it had been left to the women (in his case the Abos) these things would not have occurred...

Don't laugh - such a moronic statement is just waiting in the wings....  how many women, d'ya think - would refrain from blowing some asshole's guts out after just seeing their GF's guts all over the joint?  The way they behave in civilian life with their pompous self-righteousness, sense of Entitlement™,  and ruthless devastation of their 'enemies'......... there'd be bodies everywhere....
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:34am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #106 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:30am

Facts can be dangerous things, Graps.  I believe they would be better exposed in a military court, where there might be a little more understanding of the situation that the Soldiers found themselves in than a civil one where there would be none.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #107 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:39am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 29th, 2020 at 11:30am:
Facts can be dangerous things, Graps.  I believe they would be better exposed in a military court, where there might be a little more understanding of the situation that the Soldiers found themselves in than a civil one where there would be none.

I agree.  I'm wondering what the thirteen will do.... and while we're at it the same-same behaviour of those up the chain should be looked at for the same complicity in turning a blind eye.  Again - I find it difficult that no word leaked 'upstairs', and clearly some did, so there is cause to take a long, hard look at this, and also at the actions of 'allied' groups in similar situations.

The impact on the Army could be enormous here, and I wonder if there is not some hidden agenda in play as well.  My antennae are very sensitive when it comes to political utterances.

Read back - I added some to my comments.  I'm sure you won't like some ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print