Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
UN vote to ban criticism (Read 2405 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: UN vote to ban criticism
Reply #30 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 12:22pm

If a country is legally obliged to accept refugee citizens of a second country. The first country has the moral, if not legal, right to intervene in the second country, overthrow the government, correct its laws, and send the "refugees" back home.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #31 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 12:48pm

But Aboriginals don't have enough weapons.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #32 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 8:24pm

chimera wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 12:48pm:
But Aboriginals don't have enough weapons.

Also they can't plan well enough... or stick together as a group long enough to make a difference.. they spend more time bashing and killing one another than they do attacking those they claim are their mortal enemies.

Petty tribalism just doesn't cut the mustard, as the Middle East shows clearly... may Allah visit the Covid upon them all and upon their houses....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 8:27pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 12:22pm:
If a country is legally obliged to accept refugee citizens of a second country. The first country has the moral, if not legal, right to intervene in the second country, overthrow the government, correct its laws, and send the "refugees" back home.

Unfortunately not so - the principle of national sovereignty rules, and short of a declaration of war, all that can be done about nastiness in another country is protest, set in place sanctions, and take in refugees afflicted by the evil in that land.

If a clear case can be made that a majority of the people in such a nation are fighting for 'freedom' (a malleable concept at best), there is the possibility of intervention.... but I've told yez about intervention and the flow-on effects from it many times.

When I was a young man and first read Barnet's Intervention and Revolution, a lot of it went over my head - as I've grown into my nose, it all becomes crystal clear.  Now it is one of my favourite reference books.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #34 - Apr 9th, 2020 at 8:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 9th, 2020 at 8:27pm:
[

Unfortunately not so - the principle of national sovereignty rules.

You must be a violin player . And grow roses.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #35 - Apr 13th, 2020 at 8:37am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 7th, 2020 at 10:46pm:
Quote:
............  U.N. Global Migration Pact would make a criminal offense for citizens and media outlets to criticize mass immigration.
Please watch and share this video.
This is dire warning for the future of Europe, America, and Australia.
Just recently Australia joined a growing number of countries that have decided not to sign the UN migration pact including the United States, Israel, Hungary, Croatia, Poland and Austria.
The UN is losing its ability to force Western countries to accept millions of refugees and migrants from all over the Middle East, Asia and Africa and provide them with free housing, food, money, health insurance and welfare benefits.     ................

http://www.freepressfront.com/2018/12/un-votes-to-make-it-criminal-offense-to.ht...

The UN has outlived its original purpose especially now that it is run by the oligarchy who pass their laws into every nation on Earth under the guise of the UN.

Time for the UN to be no more.

Lets get rid of it.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #36 - Apr 13th, 2020 at 9:16am

“Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
On 26 June 1945, Australia was one of 50 nations which signed the United Nations Charter at a conference in San Francisco, USA.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print