Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Ballsup that is the NBN (Read 3286 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Ballsup that is the NBN
Reply #30 - May 1st, 2020 at 2:56pm

lee wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 2:56pm:
John Smith wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 2:54pm:
Your white flag is accepted

poor petal. Like greggy so eager to claim a white flag. Grin Grin Grin Grin

You handed it to me dopey.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: The Ballsup that is the NBN
Reply #31 - May 1st, 2020 at 10:00pm

Vic wrote on Mar 7th, 2020 at 6:54am:
My Son and Family have built a house in an old area, but one that has all services running along the nature strip to their property.   Gas, water and Electricity went on in a reasonable time, but getting the old phone service on is a nightmare.     In the past, you rang Telstra and either they, or a private contractor came around and dug the trench and laid the phone line to the house and connected your house line up, connected you at the exchange and away you went.

However, with the absolute stuff up that the sale of copper networks to the NBN and them being the only people who can do the install, a simple 5 metre copper wire from an existing telecommunications pit, through ready installed conduit, to readily available house data cabling will take
6 months
.  The paperwork involved to get that done is horrendous and now, most providers like Optus and Telstra won't touch it, giving (in our case) the Homeowner the job of compiling data plans, imagery and coordinates to NBN.

We should have had beautiful, fast telecommunications technology like fibre to the home for everyone by now but, we are stuck with waiting for a copper run, from a flooded pit, and a laughable internet speed.    Well done Turnbull - your picture should be attached to all the thousands of graffiti covered green boxes that litter the landscape around Australia just because you wanted to destroy a visionary plan to give Australia world's best internet because Rudd and Labor thought of it first.

Australia has 2/3rds more paperwork than any other nation.
80% of the money spent to save Aboriginal Children from abuse is on 'Administration, Consultation and other Paperbark trees'.
Australian Paperwork leaves Religion behind.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print