Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Computer application labels blurred (Read 5054 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Computer application labels blurred
Reply #15 - May 14th, 2020 at 1:17am

I figured it out through doing a search for the solution online. It all came down to going to "msconfig" and simply unchecking the checked boxes so that the program for avira would not load. I can't seem to uninstall the program. But I can stop it from doing an unsolicited scan.

Kaspersky is going to stay on the computer. I will just let the computer idle for a few minutes whilst I let the updates take place. The computer is running like a dream again. No more excuses for getting things done.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #16 - May 14th, 2020 at 1:39am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 1:17am:
I figured it out through doing a search for the solution online. It all came down to going to "msconfig" and simply unchecking the checked boxes so that the program for avira would not load. I can't seem to uninstall the program. But I can stop it from doing an unsolicited scan.

Kaspersky is going to stay on the computer. I will just let the computer idle for a few minutes whilst I let the updates take place. The computer is running like a dream again. No more excuses for getting things done.

Seriously? Control panel -> programs(etc) ->right click ->uninstall. What version of Windows? If that fails, which I doubt, install it again then remove. Just please don't tell me someone snuck in and poisoned your PC.

Personally if I was a Windows user I'd just stick with Defender.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2020 at 1:54am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - May 14th, 2020 at 11:15am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - May 14th, 2020 at 2:56pm

Setanta wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 1:39am:

Seriously? Control panel -> programs(etc) ->right click ->uninstall. What version of Windows? If that fails, which I doubt, install it again then remove. Just please don't tell me someone snuck in and poisoned your PC.

I made the mistake of installing the program in the first place. But I had trouble trying to uninstall the program via the usual uninstall processes. Then I went about uninstalling with "Powerful Uninstall". Then I went about trying to get rid of the folders by deleting the folders.

No luck. I had to find out how to undo the problem of having that "Luke Filewalker" show up on the screen every few minutes and slow my computer. A search on google meant that I could find the way to just disable. I am not familiar with the functions of computers. When I was told to use msconfig and then navigate to disable the program, I was both happy and angry with myself. Angry that I was not wise enough by now to figure this out for myself a while ago. Happy that I no longer have to put up with the problems.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 14th, 2020 at 2:59pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 2:56pm:

I made the mistake of installing the program in the first place. But I had trouble trying to uninstall the program via the usual uninstall processes.

What sort of trouble?

What happened, exactly?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #20 - May 14th, 2020 at 3:18pm

I made the mistake of installing the program in the first place. But I had trouble trying to uninstall the program via the usual uninstall processes. Then I went about uninstalling with "Powerful Uninstall". Then I went about trying to get rid of the folders by deleting the folders.

No luck. I had to find out how to undo the problem of having that "Luke Filewalker" show up on the screen every few minutes and slow my computer. A search on google meant that I could find the way to just disable. I am not familiar with the functions of computers. When I was told to use msconfig and then navigate to disable the program, I was both happy and angry with myself. Angry that I was not wise enough by now to figure this out for myself a while ago. Happy that I no longer have to put up with the problems.

If you are talking about avast i had some nasty problems with it too a while back. Dont remember what i did though. Prolly a restore.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #21 - May 14th, 2020 at 6:54pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 2:59pm:

I made the mistake of installing the program in the first place. But I had trouble trying to uninstall the program via the usual uninstall processes.

What sort of trouble?

What happened, exactly?

Going to the control panel section to uninstall the program, I could do that okay. But then I was left with the program reinstalling itself or something when I did not want it. I had its off-shoot program "Luke Filewalker" load up on the computer every now and then. That would slow the application of other programs to be near unusable. I could not watch youtube videos. I could not post to ozpolitic. I could not do much of anything. It took me to looking up a solution online to find out how to simply undo the problem. Simply "msconfig" in the widows search. Find out which programs to undo. Then do a restart of the computer. This is the second day of clear internet surfing for a long time.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #22 - May 14th, 2020 at 6:59pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 3:18pm:
If you are talking about avast i had some nasty problems with it too a while back. Dont remember what i did though. Prolly a restore.

Spot

I tried a restore to get rid of Avira. It did not work. Avast is pretty good and a program I like to use. Sometimes I have to shut that Avast off to watch movies online without hassle.

You only have to go shut off the program in the task manager so that it does not load.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 14th, 2020 at 8:31pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 29th, 2020 at 10:46am:
Does anyone else have a problem with Kaspersky causing problems for their computers? Everytime I run the internet security, I seem to cause more problems than I have solved. I also have an issue with this "Avira" scan going through my computer that I cannot seem to get free. I have assumed that it is a virus.

My computer is running really slowly for now. I have just installed a limited subscription for Norton to do a security check. But, I will have to figure out if this will be enough when I finish doing the scan.

The labels on my computer applications are blurred. What is causing this and how do I fix them?

Running IObit Malware Fighter (free software) does help fix the problems of the past. But lately, I can't seem to be able to run a full scan.

Any suggestions?

I don't know why you bother with all that other crap if you have Kaspersky.

You should have uninstalled all that other crap before installing Kaspersky as per installation instructions.

Kaspersky found the Israeli Stuxnet virus that damaged the centrifuges with Iranian nuclear program, spun them up to max speed before they self destructed while saying everything was fine that was the only intention of that virus.

I have never had any problems with any computer running Kaspersky costs less than $20 a year from MSY computers.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #24 - May 14th, 2020 at 8:42pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 8:31pm:
I don't know why you bother with all that other crap if you have Kaspersky.

You should have uninstalled all that other crap before installing Kaspersky as per installation instructions.

Kaspersky found the Israeli Stuxnet virus that damaged the centrifuges with Iranian nuclear program, spun them up to max speed before they self destructed while saying everything was fine that was the only intention of that virus.

I have never had any problems with any computer running Kaspersky costs less than $20 a year from MSY computers.

The issue was with Avira. Avira ran up my CPU to 100%. Finding ways of uninstalling Avira was something I wanted to do in the last few months. But, now, it was just a matter of disabling the program from loading. All fixed.

I got the blue screen of death in the years of long past. That was from having a couple antivirus programs running in tandem. Computer salesmen have told me to not worry so much about getting internet security. There are plenty of free programs out there that does near the same job as the paid ones. And Windows 10 is alleged to have a secure enough protection built-in. But, I would not be too sure about that.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #25 - May 14th, 2020 at 8:44pm

And as for Kaspersky, I don't now think that program was the problem. It was definitely Avira hogging up the CPU. The computer is running well, now.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #26 - May 15th, 2020 at 4:40am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 6:59pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 14th, 2020 at 3:18pm:

Spot

I tried a restore to get rid of Avira. It did not work. Avast is pretty good and a program I like to use. Sometimes I have to shut that Avast off to watch movies online without hassle.

You only have to go shut off the program in the task manager so that it does not load.

I meant avira - sorry

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 15th, 2020 at 7:36am

Yep, me too.

Avoid those "anti-virus" programs like the plague.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #28 - May 17th, 2020 at 1:28am

I have found out that I have to disable the program everytime I boot up the computer. Somehow, I will have to find out how to permanently delete the avira program.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - May 17th, 2020 at 12:11pm

Maybe the advice from "midimusicman79" at this site will help?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/694411/need-help-with-avira-removal/

BTW ... the registry cleaner tool mentioned on that page can be found here:

https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002557317-Support-Tools

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print