Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Must Protest Against Red Sea (Read 575 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Must Protest Against Red Sea
Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:15am

Yep.  Has to be done

Red Sea could end the world .... said Greta soon

Quote:
Red Sea releases 220,000 tons of harmful hydrocarbon gases into the atmosphere every year - more than the human pollution produced by the UAE, Kuwait or Turkey

LINK

clearly, the Red Sea is an environmental menace !!

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Must Protest Against Red Sea
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:10am

"hydrocarbon gases"

TAX IT !!!!

Make it pay $billions in carbon offsets !!!

'You know it makes sense.'

What about volcano eruptions ?

How much CO2 does each LARGE volcano eruption release ?

Lets make those countries which 'host' those volcanos, pay a CO2 tariff too ?

'You know it makes sense.'

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 8:42pm

You do both realise that Hydrocarbons are different to Carbon Dioxide?

Wink

Judging by your posts clearly not.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 7:26am

Reservoirs of ethane and propane gases buried under the sea are rising up and leaking into the atmosphere, the study by the Max Planck Institute found.

so what are we expected to do about it???.. I would imagine its been happening for a bloody long time...

oooops no need to worry..

this isnt man made...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 7:38am

Part it!

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 8:25am

It's ok.
NASA is preparing many new Worlds for us to exploit.
Take a spaceship to the new outworld Colonies today!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 4:14pm

cods wrote on Jan 31st, 2020 at 7:26am:
Reservoirs of ethane and propane gases buried under the sea are rising up and leaking into the atmosphere, the study by the Max Planck Institute found.

Ah but hydrocarbons are the devil's. They cause AGW.  Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 4:55pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 31st, 2020 at 8:25am:
It's ok.
NASA is preparing many new Worlds for us to exploit.
Take a spaceship to the new outworld Colonies today!

yeah I have put my name down on Bransons Space flight...strewth what will he do with all that money if the world disappears.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. we wont want money in the galaxy will we????

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 10:14am

PZ547 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:15am:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7938079/Red-Sea-releases-220-000-tons-polluting-hydrocarbon
-gases-year.html

Ah yes, the Daily Mail, well known for it's balanced and serious reporting  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Lets have a look at this from another source

Quote:
An attempt to measure the release of hydrocarbon gases around the Arabian Peninsula has turned up an anomaly, with exceptional amounts of ethane and propane emitted from the northern Red Sea. On its own, the hotspot isn't large enough to be making a major difference to global levels of the pollutants, but people downwind are affected

The total emissions Bourtsoukidis measured are small compared to those released by neighboring Saudia Arabia, Iran, and Iraq in their quest for fossil fuels, but larger than those of major producers such as Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.
https://www.iflscience.com/environment/the-red-sea-is-releasing-a-totally-unexpe...

Oh dear, I guess the Daily Mail must have left those bits out of it's story. Wink

Also lets not forget that if theses natural emmissions have been  going on for thousands of years then they are just part of the carbon cycle........you guys do know what the carbon cycle is right?  Wink

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 10:19am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 1st, 2020 at 10:14am:
PZ547 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:15am:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7938079/Red-Sea-releases-220-000-tons-polluting-hydrocarbon
-gases-year.html

Ah yes, the Daily Mail, well known for it's balanced and serious reporting  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Lets have a look at this from another source

Quote:
An attempt to measure the release of hydrocarbon gases around the Arabian Peninsula has turned up an anomaly, with exceptional amounts of ethane and propane emitted from the northern Red Sea. On its own, the hotspot isn't large enough to be making a major difference to global levels of the pollutants, but people downwind are affected

The total emissions Bourtsoukidis measured are small compared to those released by neighboring Saudia Arabia, Iran, and Iraq in their quest for fossil fuels, but larger than those of major producers such as Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.
https://www.iflscience.com/environment/the-red-sea-is-releasing-a-totally-unexpe...

Oh dear, I guess the Daily Mail must have left those bits out of it's story. Wink

Also lets not forget that if theses natural emmissions have been  going on for thousands of years then they are just part of the carbon cycle........you guys do know what the carbon cycle is right?  Wink

exacerbated by shipping, apparently

and before Barnacle creams himself in self delight …. the Mail Online is a great source of info which controlled media either fails to report OR announces a week or more later

and once the Mail reports, people can of course use that info to track down the info in greater depth

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 12:43pm

Also lets not forget that if theses natural emmissions have been  going on for thousands of years then they are just part of the carbon cycle..

Have these emissions been accounted for as part of the carbon cycle petal?

If parts of the carbon cycle are unaccounted for man's emissions must be a smaller percentage of overall emissions. Wink

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 5:30pm

lee wrote on Feb 1st, 2020 at 12:43pm:
Also lets not forget that if theses natural emmissions have been  going on for thousands of years then they are just part of the carbon cycle..

Have these emissions been accounted for as part of the carbon cycle petal?

If parts of the carbon cycle are unaccounted for man's emissions must be a smaller percentage of overall emissions. Wink

sounds to me like you're just guessing  Wink
But of course you never like to hold an actual position on anything
What's it like being such a spineless coward?  Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 5:55pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 1st, 2020 at 5:30pm:
sounds to me like you're just guessing

Sounds to me you don't know what you are talking about. But that is not unusual. Wink

Of course you could point me in the right direction if I am wrong. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You know cite the paper that says that all natural emissions have been calculated.
But of course you never like to hold an actual position on anything

I will say that not all emissions have been calculated. There's a position petal. Prove it wrong.

What's it like being such a spineless coward?

Oh dear. Reduced to those attacks again. It must be bloody awful to have that happen to you
time
after
time
, after
time

But why don't you tell us why you don't like the CSIRI anymore. You keep ducking the answer. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print