Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Kiwis Will Sue re Discrimination (Read 1758 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Kiwis Will Sue re Discrimination
Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:39pm

A lobby group is planning legal action against Australia’s government, saying a 2001 law change was discriminatory and meant hundreds of thousands of expat New Zealanders were struggling to access healthcare, welfare and tertiary education.

NEWS

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Kiwis Will Sue re Discrimination
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:02pm

They could always apply for Stateship of Australia - North Island, South Island, Cook Islands and West Island...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:08pm

New Zealand owns NSW.
NSW is the one State that is culturally reflective of Oceania.

NT = Asia
SA = M-East
Upper WA = Europe
Lower WA = Africa
Tas = Aboriginals  Wink

Cheesy Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:17pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:39pm:
A lobby group is planning legal action against Australia’s government, saying a 2001 law change was discriminatory and meant hundreds of thousands of expat New Zealanders were struggling to access healthcare, welfare and tertiary education.

NEWS

Kiwi's are good people who share our history....Our two countries have stood side by side in the trenches since WWI and we celebrate ANZAC day to commemorate our unique relationship....If anything it should be easier for our Kiwi mates to become Aussies???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:04pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:17pm:
PZ547 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 2:39pm:

NEWS

Kiwi's are good people who share our history....Our two countries have stood side by side in the trenches since WWI and we celebrate ANZAC day to commemorate our unique relationship....If anything it should be easier for our Kiwi mates to become Aussies???

Huh Huh Huh

If the law is changed it will cost the Australian taxpayer a fortune. Maori who come to Australia take on jobs which are unstable. Lots of temp work and jobs with poor qualifications. Factor in the health problems amongst Maori people and there will be a huge spike in health costs and dole/disability recipients. These visas are offered to Nzers so they can work in Australia. These people are not Australian citizens. The laws were changed in 2001 and if people have migrated out here after that and did not know the rules beforehand then nobody is to blame but themselves. You do your homework .

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:23pm

Successful people go and live in NZ.

Losers and plebs migrate to Australia for the pleb jobs.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:01pm

I think we should look after our cousins..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:09pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:04pm:
Maori who come to Australia take on jobs which are unstable. Lots of temp work and jobs with poor qualifications.

Which is it: they take our jobs, or they go on welfare?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:14pm

They teach the Junkies & Alco Housos in Sydney's West how to say "Bro".

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:24pm

cods wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:01pm:
I think we should look after our cousins..

They were meant to be part of Australia.

The States' shall mean such of the colonies of New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia, including the Northern Territory of South Australia, as for the time being are parts of the Commonwealth, and such colonies or territories as may be admitted into or established by the Commonwealth as States; and each of such parts of the Commonwealth shall be called 'a State'.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:38pm

If NZ was meant to be part of Australia

why is NZ a country with its own laws, own people, it's own political structure, etc. and why does NZ have its own flag etc.?

That's the same as claiming Canada was meant to be part of the US

same as claiming PNG was meant to be part of China and Spain was meant to be part of Portugal

is Greg a globalist?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:48pm

New Zealand could never be a part of Australia.
Australia is in the region of Sahul.
New Zealand is in Oceania.

It's like making Cuba part of the USA.

At the most, NSW is more like NZ,
than NZ is like anything Australian.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:52pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:38pm:

why is NZ a country with its own laws, own people, it's own political structure, etc. and why does NZ have its own flag etc.?

Because they decided to decline the invitation to join the  Australian federation.

The 1901 Australian Constitution included provisions to allow New Zealand to join Australia as its seventh state.

One of the reasons New Zealand chose not to join Australia was the fear that Maoris would suffer - i.e. losing their right to vote.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:52pm:

Because they decided to decline the invitation to join the  Australian federation.

The 1901 Australian Constitution included provisions to allow New Zealand to join Australia as its seventh state.

One of the reasons New Zealand chose not to join Australia was the fear that Maoris would suffer - i.e. losing their right to vote.

well there you go then

why should anyone want NZ attaching its poor self at this point

said everyone

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:58pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:53pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 2:52pm:

well there you go then

6. Definitions

The Commonwealth shall mean the Commonwealth of Australia as established under this Act.

The States shall mean such of the colonies of New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia, including the northern territory of South Australia, as for the time being are parts of the Commonwealth, and such colonies or territories as may be admitted into or established by the Commonwealth as States; and each of such parts of the Commonwealth shall be called a State.

Original States shall mean such States as are parts of the Commonwealth at its establishment.

Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print